PDA

View Full Version : Ground please open up

Pawsitive Thinking
08-01-2005, 01:06 PM
and swallow me! Made a complete idiot of myself today - won't go into details but lets just say I'm not in the running for employee of the month :o :o

JenBKR
08-01-2005, 01:15 PM
Oh no! What happened? I have certainly had days like those here, sometimes I do such stupid things before I can stop myself.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-01-2005, 01:20 PM
You know when something small and really unimportant is the final straw? well, I had one of those.............lucky for me my work colleagues have been through everything else leading up to today's "explosion" and are just letting it go........culmination of losing my Dad, watching him and Mum battle Parkinsons, brother's marriage falling apart and PMT! :(

jesse_3
08-01-2005, 01:24 PM
That sounds like it would be hard to deal with. I hope that you have a better next week! ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Steph and Jes

JenBKR
08-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Well, with everything that's is going on, they probably understand that you are having a rough time. I completely understand what you mean by something stupid being the last straw. I could tell you stories...yikes! :o

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-01-2005, 01:53 PM
I am sure your workmates are taking all the things you have been dealing with into consideration!

If they are caring friendly people they WILL understand!

I find that sometimes I am MORTIFIED by something stupid I have done or said, and other people have forgotten a LOT sooner then I have.

At least you have us here to give you loads of ((((HUGS)))) and listen to your troubles!

;)

Pawsitive Thinking
08-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
I
At least you have us here to give you loads of ((((HUGS)))) and listen to your troubles!

;)

thank you - that means so much to me

DJFyrewolf36
08-01-2005, 02:50 PM
*hugs!*

Been there, done that! I've felt like a real doofus at work sometimes but we are all human and sometimes spit happens right?

I'm glad your coworkers are being understanding. Nothing makes you feel worse than when the coworkers aren't on your side!!

JenBKR
08-01-2005, 02:56 PM
My co-workers are always laughing at me, because I am always doing something stupid...Ok, an older one that I still get picked on for. There's me and one other girl in the office (Kristen - my name's Jen), we take turns answering the phone. We had some wine with lunch (that's my excuse anyway...) and when I answered the phone shortly after I said '*company name* this is Kristen.' I don't know what I was thinking. She just looked at me and laughed...lets see, I'll think of some others to tell you.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-01-2005, 03:12 PM
You lot are lovely! Its just gone 9 here in the UK and I'm going to give today up as a bad job and cuddle up with Tobey. Thank you all for cheering me up this evening xxx

Pawsitive Thinking
08-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Better day today - felt less inclined to ride on the London underground (sorry, poor taste?? :eek: )

JenBKR
08-02-2005, 10:05 AM
LOL glad to hear that you are doing better today. Just put yesterday completely behind you!

Killearn Kitties
08-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Glad today has been working out a bit better for you. Hope it continues! :)

gini
08-02-2005, 10:19 AM
I predict that today will be a wonderful day for you. You see, it is someone elses turn today to do something they regret............you only get these chances once in a while!:) :)

Pawsitive Thinking
08-02-2005, 10:54 AM
I predict that today will be a wonderful day for you

You were right too! Had lunch with my Mum who said it was nice to be able to spend some time with me as (in her words) "the story of your life has been me running round after your brother while the one who causes less problems gets left behind". I know I'm 40 and its a bit silly but I did feel so much better that she'd acknowledged it at last!!!

JenBKR
08-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Brody's Mum
You were right too! Had lunch with my Mum who said it was nice to be able to spend some time with me as (in her words) "the story of your life has been me running round after your brother while the one who causes less problems gets left behind". I know I'm 40 and its a bit silly but I did feel so much better that she'd acknowledged it at last!!!

I know EXACTLY how you feel about that. I am in sort of the same situation - I am the one who causes my parents less headaches and it is my sister who gets more attention. It IS nice to hear that once in a while, no matter how old we get! :)