PDA

View Full Version : Sick puppy

Lexi's Mommy
02-09-2001, 09:40 AM
Hello. I am new here. I have a 8 month old yellow lab named Lexi. For the past 2 1/2 days she has been acting weird: she hardly eats, she doesn't sleep her normal hours, she won't play, and she always goes to the door and when I let her out she runs back in. She is usually really playful, eats regularly, plays outside for a while when I let her out, and goes to bed around 8:30 or 9 and wakes up with us in the morning at 6:30 (unless it is the weekend.) We haven't changed her food or diet, she is in her kennel for 3 to 6 hours a day though. Should I go to a vet or let her "shake it off?" Thanks!

------------------
"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
-Immanuel Kant

AdoreMyDogs
02-09-2001, 10:04 AM
Hi and welcome to this chat room.

I would for sure take her to the vet. She may just have a little bug but you just can't play with that stuff, especially with a pup, their ammune systems are not nearly as developed as a grown dog. It could be something minor, but what if it's something that is advancing with every day she is not on meds or treatment.

By the way, Lexi is an adorable name http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif Good luck with her, hopefully it's nothing serious.

RachelJ
02-09-2001, 11:33 AM
Please take her to the vet as soon as possible. You have a number of behavioral changes there that are real red flags.

Lexi's Mommy
02-09-2001, 11:56 AM
Thank you for all your help! I will take her A.S.A.P!!! I am scared!!

jackiesdaisy1935
02-09-2001, 02:57 PM
Lexi's Mom, I agree with everyone above, she should go to the Vet as soon as possible. Please let us know how she makes out!

Sudilar
02-09-2001, 05:13 PM
Glad you're going to the vet. Please let us know the results. We care.

------------------
***Save a life, ADOPT***