PDA

View Full Version : RIP dear Jasper !!

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Today I had to take such a hard decision. My guinea pig Jasper was sick for more than a week now. He went to the vet 6 days ago, and the vet said he had to be forced to eat and drink. I did that, and he got a bit better at first.
Pic from last Saturday
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/jasper1.jpg
However, today I saw he was getting worse really fast. I took him with me in the kitchen. Normally he would have run around like crazy. But not today :( . This is what he did:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/jasper2.jpg
He wasn't moving at all! I took few more pics of him. You can see how lethargic he is!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/jasper3.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/jasper4.jpg

I couldn't stand see him suffer like that, so I took him to the vet again. What I was afraid for also happened: the vet had to help him to the Rainbow Bridge:( . I held him in my arms, telling him it wouldn't hurt... .He sqeeked one more time, and then he was gone.... :(

Poor Jasper, you are painfree now. Godspeed to our RB-Sydney. I will miss you so much.............

I made a "coffin" from a shoe-box: I decorated it with flowerprint paper, put Jasper in, and also lots of fresh flowers from our garden. This is a picture of him. It's just as if my Jasper is sound asleep....
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/jasper5.jpg
I loved you so much, sweetheart....

finn's mom
08-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry that Jasper is gone. What a wonderful tribute. I'm glad that you were able to be with him, though.

Barbara
08-01-2005, 11:19 AM
RIP little Jasper. At Rainbow Bridge you will meet a friend: Sydney. And he will be so happy to meet you:)

gini
08-01-2005, 11:25 AM
Lut, I am so sorry to hear this sad news.

What a lovely little box you made for Jasper. We know that he is at the Rainbow Bridge playing with Sydney and once again pain free and happy.

I am so sorry that you lost him.

catnapper
08-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Lut, I am so sorry. I missed everythign about him being sick. I know he is squeeking and playing at the Bridge.

krazyaboutkatz
08-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Lut, I'm so sorry to hear about Jasper's passing.:( Now he can play happily up at Rainbow Bridge. RIP sweet Jasper.:(

Randi
08-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Oh Lut, I'm so sorry you have lost Jasper. :( I know how you loved him. He's now painfree, I hope that will comfort you.

Rest in peace, sweet Jasper. Sydney will be at the RB welcoming you.

Sonia59
08-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Oh, Lut I am so sorry to hear this. :(
Jasper could not have a happier life.
You made a lovely box.

RIP sweet Jasper, Sydney is here to play with you.:)

luvofallhorses
08-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Oh no :( I am so terribly sorry honey! :( ((((hugs)))) He was lucky to have YOU in his life. If you need to talk or anything PM me or IM me. My thoughts and prayers are with you. R.I.P. Sweet Jasper :(

lizbud
08-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Aw poor baby.:( Our beloved pets have such a short time to
be with us here on earth. I'm so glad he had you to love him.

Rest In Peace sweet Jasper.:(

sasvermont
08-01-2005, 12:39 PM
((((((((((((((((((Lut)))))))))))))))))

We cry with you.

jenluckenbach
08-01-2005, 01:16 PM
I am crying with you, also, Lut. I am so sorry Jasper had to leave you so soon. He looks so peaceful now and is healthy and munching grass at the RB.

Karen
08-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Rest in peace, sweet Jasper. Play nice at the Rainbow Bridge, where there are fields of the most delicious grasses and flowers, and rest easy, little one. The hard times are past, and now you are momma's little grey and white angel to watch over her, with her black-furred feline angel whom I'm sure met you at the gate.

PJ's Mom
08-01-2005, 01:32 PM
Awww, Lut. :(

I cry with you on this sad day. :( Jasper was a sweet, adorable piggie whose life was too short.

RIP Little Jasper. :(

Cataholic
08-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Lut, I am so terribly sorry to hear about Jasper. RIP, sweet guy.

kittycats_delight
08-01-2005, 01:41 PM
{{{LUT}}}

I am sooo sorry. I missed all about Jasper being ill and I just found this thread through your crosspost in General. I know it is sooo hard to lose one so dear. Please remember now Jasper is happy and healthy and playing and running at RB with Sydney. They will keep each other company until the time comes to meet again their lovely mommy.

R.I.P. Jasper

Michelle

manda_moo87
08-01-2005, 02:03 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss Lut. I've always greatly enjoyed seeing your precious little bundle Jasper, he was so adorable. I feel your pain, I too had to make the hard decision to put my little guinea pig to sleep a couple years back, I still miss him terribly. Little Jasper is now romping free at the Rainbow Bridge where he will wait for you... Rest easy little one.

Sending lots of hugs to you during this difficult time.

popcornbird
08-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Oh Lut. :( I'm so very sorry to hear of the passing of precious Jasper. :( {{{hugs}}}

ramanth
08-01-2005, 02:13 PM
RIP Jasper. :(

LoudLou
08-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Lut, I am so sorry to hear that Jasper has passed. What a beautiful tribute to him you have made. Godspeed Jasper.:(

furrykidsmother
08-01-2005, 03:50 PM
What a lovely final resting place he has. RIP Jasper!

chocolatepuppy
08-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Lut, I'm so sorry about Jasper. :( May he Rest in Peace.

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Oh, I am SO very sorry about Jasper!!!:(:(:( I remember when my last guinea pig, Marble, died in my arms, and how he just went from fine condition to sickly and then gone...it was sooo hard!!:( I know how you feel! Rest in peace dear Jasper!!:(

chrissycat21
08-01-2005, 08:37 PM
RIP Jasper

I'm so sorry. I was checking the thread in Pet Health, and was keeping Jasper in my thoughts.

:(

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-02-2005, 06:19 AM
Only 1 day now since you are gone, Jasper ! Already, I miss you terribly sweet boy :( I miss it when I don't here your "sqeek", I hate to see your empty cage, your food bag is still on the counter, etc.... . I MISS YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Logan
08-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Lut, he was a beautiful little boy. I'm so sorry that he has left you, but you made a very courageous and thoughtful decision. Sydney and Jasper are together again and watching over you and your family.

Logan

Vermontcat
08-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Lut, I'm so sorry to hear about Jasper.:(
I know just how you feel since my gerbil Brownie has also now gone to the RB.

Suki Wingy
08-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Goodbye Jasper:( Meet up with the Carla piggie, she will show you around.