PDA

View Full Version : Well, I really hate saying this.....

cookieluver7
08-01-2005, 09:02 AM
I thought the time would never come. When I found Pet Talk last October I totally fell in love with it and the people who were here and their pets. Lately I just haven't had time to check into pet talk. I never made very many friends here, only a few and I never had a camera to take lots of pictures. I had to borrow my aunt's when I wanted to show a few things. I think it is time that I say goodbye to everybody, pack my bags, and head out. Yes, I am leaving pet talk.

I don't mean to draw attention to myself but I just wanted you all to know where I am. I wanted to thank Karen and Paul for organizing such a nice, friendly forum for anybody.:)

Well, I guess that I said enough. I love you all.

♥

Abby

JenBKR
08-01-2005, 09:19 AM
I'm not sure if we have ever talked, but I am sorry to see you go :( I'm not always able to post many pictures either, but I still enjoy the site. Stop by and visit us sometime.

Karen
08-01-2005, 09:29 AM
Oh, heck - I rarely post pictures, and get grief for it all the time! Don;t let that chase you away! Don't feel you need to leave forever, check back in when you have time, we'll be here!

robinh
08-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Don't go! Love to see your posts even if there are pictures.

I'm really lousy at posting pictures and I have a good camera. Hey, I'm even lousy at posting, but I do try occasionally. People who know me would find that very funny that I'm shy at saying anything.
:o

finn's mom
08-01-2005, 09:54 AM
I don't know if we ever talked, but, it's always sad to see someone leave permanently. I hope you'll post when you can. Even if it's just once a year. :) Good luck, though, with whatever you choose to do.

LuvGold00
08-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Sorry to see you go! I understand what it's like to not have alot of time to check PT sometimes, I've been missing for a few months, an am now just getting back in to checking daily. Consider checking in once in a while, to give us furr updates? If not, you'll be missed I'm sure.

luvofallhorses
08-01-2005, 11:41 AM
Abby please don't go :( I consider you as one of my really good friends here. You know where to reach me if you need anything, Abby. ((((hugs))))

Anita Cholaine
08-01-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm so sorry...:(..Try to post anything when you can..but dont leave Pet Talk forever, please!

Pawsitive Thinking
08-01-2005, 01:00 PM
No need to go - I doubt I'll ever get the hang of posting pictures but certainly wouldn't get through a day without this lot here! Is there anything we can help you with Abby?

kittycats_delight
08-01-2005, 01:36 PM
((((ABBY)))) I know I don't know you but I would hate to see you go. I always enjoy your post and I who owe a digital camera don't post pics much either. That doesn't matter. Please don't leave forever. Why not just take a little break if you feel the need to leave.

(((((HUGS)))))
Michelle

manda_moo87
08-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Don't leave! :( :(

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-01-2005, 01:55 PM
We are STILL here for you - even if you NEVER post photos! I don't post very many myself, but I get so much comfort and friendship here that I come back every day, just for a bit of PT Therapy.

I know quite a few people like myself who lurk a LOT and read almost every thread, but seldom post.

(((HUGS)))

catnapper
08-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Posting pictures is not the only thing here on PT. I bet I don't even have 1000 posts out of all mine with pictures. It took me well over a year to make great friends here. Please stay and post some more! :)

Rachel
08-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Oh, Abby, I am sorry that you feel you never made any friends. Pet Talk has become so large that I realize that people sometimes feel lost, especially when there are others who seem to know and keep up with so much of what is going on here. I have been around here from the very beginning and I feel that way too, so I just drop by when I can, pick out one or two threads (which is all I have time for) and comment when I feel the urge.

You have racked up a lot of posts in a short time and by that I can tell you have given Pet Talk quite a bit of devotion. Take a breather or lurk or whatever. I'm thinking you might want to participate once again. There are many ways to enjoy Pet Talk.

In the meantime, I am really sorry for how you feel.

chocolatepuppy
08-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Please don't say you're leaving. Try to check in once and awhile! And if you don't post pictures but once in a blue moon, that's ok! :)

Chica
08-01-2005, 07:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/flower_3.gif

Sweetie, don't leave Pet Talk. Visit at least once a week. You will be missed.:D

sandragonfly
08-01-2005, 08:08 PM
:eek: I'm glad I caught this..

wait for my PM please!

meanwhile, a short note here -- abby, I'm sorry if I wasn't being there for you or support you as much as you wish you would get -- but I have been thinking of you a lot lately after you were being there for me throughout the hospital stays. I've not been able to be there for you too so you can not leave yet!! :D please?

wanna my hug? :)
..gina & her Co.
ps; I'm also sorry if anybody in this pet talk site have done anything hurtful to you too.

Daisy and Delilah
08-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Hi Abby, Anyone on Pet Talk that knows me at all knows I am so bad at showing pics of my girls. I am computer illiterate and I just can't seem to buckle down and learn how to post. I have just recently gotten a new camera and I have a scanner but I can't use them. I am pitiful at times. I keep waiting for the day that I will get kicked off the board for not posting pics. lol lol-- I love this board and I can't leave it. I'm begging you to stay if nothing else but for the love of yours and everybody elses pets. If I have made one friend here I feel fortunate that I've got a friend I didn't have before. There are some wonderful people here and we all have common goals--we love our furkids, we love everybody elses furkids, and to some degree we love each other. Please don't go sweetie. Tomorrow is another day. Please reconsider. PM me anytime to talk. {{{HUGS}}}

Terry:)

jesse_3
08-01-2005, 11:46 PM
I don't think that I have ever really talked to you, but I enjoy your posts! We REALLY don't want you to leave! I don't really have friend friends, but I trust and love everyone on here anyways!

I have poste pics of my furbabes maybe once or twice? That is all right though! I don't have a camera, so it is really hard to..When Rachel (rizzy) comes to town, I get pics!

I really hope that no one said or did anyhting to chase you away! Please, just check in once and a while to let us know how you and your furbabes are doing...

Steph and Jes

anna_66
08-02-2005, 09:05 AM
I can say I understand not having the time.

I'm a member of another board and between my "real" life and my "pt life" I don't have time to post there but I always try to stop in every once in a while and say HI! I hope you'll be able to do the same.

Take care.

Anna

Pawsitive Thinking
08-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by jesse_3
I don't really have friend friends

Yes you do, you have us!

JenBKR
08-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Now you have an entire thread full of friends! I know how you feel, sometimes I feel like I don't have lots of "friend friends" here, but maybe with time we can be!

cloverfdx
08-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Cya :).

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Oh Abby, don't leave, we really do love seeing your posts!:( I know I have often thought about leaving since I stay so busy and everything, not to mention I'm so addicted...but I don't think I could leave the few good friends I have either!:) I hope you don't leave forever! We'll miss you!!:(

cookieluver7
08-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Maybe I will stay.:) I have been EXTREMELY busy with things and don't count on me posting much this month or the next but I think I will check in and try to post occasionally. Thanks, you guys are the best.:)

****Abby****

JenBKR
08-02-2005, 01:38 PM
Yea, we talked her into staying! *Hugs* We are so happy that you're back! :)

beeniesmom
08-02-2005, 01:39 PM
PLEASE DON'T GO!
Not everyone has time to post pictures.
:)

lv4dogs
08-02-2005, 01:42 PM
I'm sorry to see you go, but please reconsider.

I have a camera but rarely post pics.

I have been a member for 4+ years & have yet to meet anyone on PT. Heck I don't even have anyone on my buddy list or someone I communitcate with often. A few PT'ers are on my Live Journal friends list but we still are not friends friends.

I go through spurts where I can't check in often either. Heck II rely on my work computer as I don't have the internet at home.

Ooops sorry I just read through & noticed you'r staying. (See I don't even have time to really read each post). lol

Glad your staying. This board, even if used once in a while is still a good one to belong to. In case on an emergancy or whatever, we are here for you!

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Yay, I'm glad you're gonna stay!!:D

Daisy and Delilah
08-02-2005, 11:06 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS FOR STAYING!!!!!!!!!

Love, Terry, Daisy, and Delilah:D

chocolatepuppy
08-03-2005, 05:02 AM
YAY!!! :D

Pawsitive Thinking
08-03-2005, 06:36 AM
You're staying???? FANTASTIC!

:D :D (would skip round the office but they already think I'm mad........)

crsvstang
08-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Glad you are staying!:)

cookieluver7
08-03-2005, 12:05 PM
:D:D:D:D:D

kittycats_delight
08-03-2005, 12:17 PM
woohoo !!!! Our PT family can be quite convincing. We don't like members going away. We love our ever growing PT family :)

So glad you are staying. :D

CagneyDog
08-03-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm glad your staying :)

I still don't understand why you would leave in the first place :confused:

luvofallhorses
08-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Yay! :D

manda_moo87
08-03-2005, 01:26 PM
:D!

jesse_3
08-03-2005, 01:48 PM
OMG!!!! YES! I am sooooo happy that you are staying! I am glad that we convinced you;)

That is quite all right that you won't be on much, we understand how hectic life can be! We will keep a close eye out for you!

Thanks, you guys are the best.
Awww, that is so sweet of you to say that! We are pleased to have you stay!-If anyone feels like they are to be chased away, why would we just shrug someone off? That isn't the PT way, now is it? Especially when someone is as kind as you!

You are special to PT, and if you ever need ANYTHING, just pm me:)
Steph and Jes

carole
08-03-2005, 03:58 PM
I was really suprised to see your announcement, I have always noticed your posts and that you contribute to PT a lot more than you realise.

I think the response in this thread say's it all really, and I am sure you just needed a bit of re-assurance, that you are fondly thought of and a much wanted PTER.

I have not been able to post a lot of pics until recently, now my Dad has a camera, which we seem to have permanently borrowed lol, so don't worry about that too much, it's more about what you have to say that matters.

Glad you have re-considered and are staying, because you are very welcome ya know, and you are definitley one person I have noticed.:)