PDA

View Full Version : Do you like or wear Gyspy skirts....?

carole
07-31-2005, 11:29 PM
Now keep in mind NZ is a season behind , but this summer gyspy skirts are all the rage, I just bought one for my daughter and it looks great on her, it is in a pewter colour with lovely beading on the waistband.

They are everywhere at the moment ,, reminds me of my younger days with longer muslim skirts,similar look, so do you own any, like them or wear them, just curious? I have to say they are not particularly flattering if you are somewhat curvy.;)

finn's mom
07-31-2005, 11:32 PM
I love them, but, don't have any of my own. I haven't decided if they really fit me or not. My niece wears them and she always looks great. I think they're a classic trend that should stay around for a long time. They can be so feminine, but, so comfortable, too. Depending on the design and color and things like beads, you can wear them so casually or really dress them up. Thumbs up from me! :)

MariaM
08-01-2005, 02:45 AM
I THINK I know what kind of skirts you are talking about. At first I didn't like them, but now I think they are ok. There is this one at Bootlegger that I really, really like and want to buy so badly. It's $30.00. It's all brown, no beads or sequins or anything. Its not real thin or "flyaway", and its not TOO jagged, as I have seen some. It's really really nice and I want it SO much!

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-01-2005, 02:45 AM
I love those!! They are so comfortable! I have 3 of them; a dark brown, a burgundy with pink, and this orange one:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/reis1.jpg

Barbara
08-01-2005, 04:11 AM
Of course I had them down in 70s and I really loved them. So I tried one just this same weekend- but looked too much like an opera gypsy granny:D :D :D

So yes- I still love them, but not for me. Saw a gorgeous girl downtown dressed like that:

black slim sleeveless turtleneck, knee long gypsy skirt black with white embroidery, black open heel pumps with a rather low pointed heel, long blonde hair and perfect shape. :)

Muddy4paws
08-01-2005, 05:41 AM
I have one! I brought it from Jane Norman for £40 its so nice! its like a stone colour but its got frier edges and I get plenty of compliment about how nice it looks! lol I'll post pics later :P

Pawsitive Thinking
08-01-2005, 06:01 AM
black slim sleeveless turtleneck, knee long gypsy skirt black with white embroidery, black open heel pumps with a rather low pointed heel, long blonde hair and perfect shape.

Grrrrr.........I like the skirts but not on me - only 5ft 2 so would spend entire time tripping over the silly thing!

carole
08-01-2005, 04:03 PM
The one I got melissa is the best I have seen around so far, some are just too wide looking in the hips, they are all crinkly if you know what I mean, I paid 39 dollars for it, so that was pretty good as many others were 69 and up and were not near as nice, will get Melissa to post a pic later if I remember, she is going to wear it to her school disco next week, with a sequinned halter neck top.

I think they are rather feminine and look pretty,almost hippy looking, I was very into muslim and long dresses skirts, batik ones in my younger days.;)

K9karen
08-01-2005, 11:31 PM
I was just saying the other day that I should never have gotten rid of the ones I had. Styles just come back. (But I hope not powder blue leisure suits :rolleyes: :eek: )