PDA

View Full Version : A new family member....

Jods
07-31-2005, 10:00 AM
Hello long time no talk!!
So as you all know I moved into a new apartment and the first day we got there a nice little cat came around to greet us and welcome us. To me she looks really young still, but who knows. Anyways I thought it was the guy who lived beside us's cat cuz she hung around in our hedge. I came quite used to seeing her everyday and realized shes awefully skinny. So I took out a can of food and gave it to her and went on my way. The next day I got out of the car and there was some other cats beating her up. I chased them away and fed her and gave her some love. So this was about a month ago. So we got quite used to seeing each other and I fed her and kept some food out for her.I started asking around to the neighbours and they said they all didn't own her. Then I went away for a few days and I came back and she wasn't at the apartment so I figured she was off hunting or something so I filled her dish and we went away again for a while 2 days. This time when I came home I was greeted by her with a HUGE belly I'm gussing full of babies. So I gave her some love and told her she was silly for getting herself pregnant and I couldn't take her in cuz Brian would KILL me. So the next day I spent a little more time with her (brian still didn't know I'd been feeding her) and he comes outside to find me :eek: UH-OH he saw us and said NO!! and went back in the house. LOL. I didn't ask to have her I said I'm just feeding her LOL. Then I asked can we take her to the non-kill shelter? outside isn't a place to have babies. So he says yeah tommorow. Okay. I was quite happy with that cuz I knew we weren't keeping her. So Then not 15 min later Brian comes back out and he says okay we can keep her!!! Bring her in the house :eek: :eek: :D :D So I've got a new girl and shes's still nameless BTW. I've had her since Thursday and she's super friendly. I have some pics, but forgot them at home of course. She is medium/long haired is black with white paws and a white chin that goes to her belly. She has bright green eyes she is beautiful!! I'm making her a vet appointment tommorow. Right now she lives in my room until she has the babies then she can meet Pixie. (after she sees a vet of course) So heres some more good news. We are keeping a kitten as well!!!!!! YAY!!! Well sorry so long lol thats my story. LOL Now I have to read up on all you guys have been up to. :)

Jods
07-31-2005, 10:07 AM
Oh yeah How long is a cats gestational period?? And her nipple are sticking out really far, but not producing milk yet any idea how far along she is???

catnapper
07-31-2005, 10:25 AM
Wow... what a story! Looks like you're about to become a grandmeowmie! :D

Have you taken her to the vet yet? To test for FIV and Leukemia? The vet woud also have a better guess at how far along she is. She shold also just go if only for a prenatal checkup :)

Craftlady
07-31-2005, 11:07 AM
Congrads. !!!!!! Cant wait to see photos :)
Getting in practice for the new human baby arrival :)

RedHedd
07-31-2005, 11:13 AM
Congrats! She sounds lovely! Can't wait for pictures!

rg_girlca
07-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Oh wow, what a sweet hubby you have there. Why do men have to act so macho like and then turn to mush afterwards. Why can't they just admit that they have a soft heart for poor widdle stray kitties, especially the pregnant ones.

I'm sure the more experienced PTer's will be able to help with your questions in regards to your new addition to the family, or you can do a search on it.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for pictures.:D

catmandu
07-31-2005, 01:14 PM
A MOMMA CAT,USUALLY TAKES ABOUT 7 WEEKS,TO HAVE HER BABIES,AND IF YOU THINK,THAT SHE,IS GOING,TO HAVE THEM SOON,AND YOU CANT GET HER,TO A VETS,PLEASE MAKE SURE,THAT SHE,IS IN A SECLUDED AREA,WHERE SHE FEELS SAFE,GOOD LUCK,WITH THE MOMMA,AND KITTENS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture507.jpg

dayle,ivon,and gary.

manda_moo87
07-31-2005, 01:38 PM
OOoo! Congrats on the new addition! :D Can't wait to see pics of her and for the arrival of the babies. EXCITING!

moosmom
07-31-2005, 01:49 PM
Jods,

I'm SO glad that Brian had a change of heart and decided to keep her. 63 days, give or take a couple of days, is the pregnancy gestation of a cat. You'll need to keep her in her own room with a litterbox, food and water. When I had Mattie Grace (she was pregnant at the time I got her) I went to the Salvation Army and bought a bunch of baby quilts. Make up a box for her. When the time is near, she'll get really restless, and won't eat much. While she's pregnant, feed her canned baby food and dry kitten food, which has alot of nutrients that she needs while she's pregnant.

Have you chosen a name for her yet?

krazyaboutkatz
07-31-2005, 04:40 PM
Congrats!!!:D She sounds gorgeous.:) I hope that everything goes well with her pregnancy and that she's healthy and has healthy kittens too. I can't wait to see pictures.:)

You could name her Dixie to go along with Pixie but this might be too confusing.;) I'm sure you'll think of a good name soon.