PDA

View Full Version : Bagira is HOWLING?!!

aprilynn
07-31-2005, 03:05 AM
I haven't slept all night.... Bagira will NOT stop howling, there's fresh food out.... he chowed down on that and went back to howling...... We've had him for 4 days now and this is the first night he's done this... I don't know what to do.....he's neutered... about 3 years old.... and full bred bengal. Please help....

G535
07-31-2005, 03:21 AM
Where did he come from, he might be homesick? In pain?
Plenty of loving attention until he settles down maybe. Without more details I have no idea.

aprilynn
07-31-2005, 03:33 AM
he lived with a co-worker - they gave him to us cuz he doesnt like their dog.. i have two other cats and they are still hissing at at one another...... he's been here for 4 days now though - this is the first he's done this..

aprilynn
07-31-2005, 03:34 AM
we had an hour long play session - i gave him fresh food - i even thought he might be protesting the litter box so I got him his own with fresh litter... - i need to sleep though. :(

G535
07-31-2005, 03:38 AM
I'd keep him separate from the other cats for a few days until he settles in and gets used to the new house and people, then introduce him gradually to the others. Right now he might just be missing his old home, cats dislike any changes in their routine. He should adapt soon enough, just give him plenty of love and attention. Good luck! :)

catmandu
07-31-2005, 03:53 AM
HE HAS SUDDENLY BEEN TAKEN,FROM A PLACE,THAT HE WAS USED TO,AND IS HAVING A BIT,OF TROUBLE,RELOCATING.ROCCA,AND JOHN,BOTH HOWLED A BIT,WHEN THEY CAME HERE,AND I ISOLATED THEM,IN A SPARE BEDROOM,UNTIL THEY GOT,THE SENSE,OF BELONGING,TO THIER NEW HOME.
DOES IT SOUND LIKE HE IS CRYING,OUT OF SADNESS,OR HOSTILITY?
GOOD LUCK,WITH YOUR VERY HANDSOME NEW BOY!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos854.jpg

catcrazylady
07-31-2005, 08:34 AM
I saw your other thread and Begira is GORGEOUS!

Don't worry too much yet because four days isn't really that long for kitty introductions. It can take months for everyone to settle in and adjust.
I'm sure his howling is caused by his confusion and the move. Give him time and all the love he will allow and he will settle in. Bringing home a new kitty is like bringing home a new baby. Forget sleep!!!;) :D :D

rg_girlca
07-31-2005, 12:47 PM
I know how frustrating this must be for you, but you know that poor Baqira doesn't realize right now what is happening to him. To all of a sudden be taken away from the only home he has ever known, to an unfamiliar place, must be so upsetting to him.

Please have a little more patience with him as he needs more time to adjust.
Is there any chance that you can keep him in your bedroom at night so he doesn't feel so alone?

I'm wishing you all the best with this beauty.

aprilynn
07-31-2005, 03:37 PM
I got out the feather wand about 5am ish........ brought him in my bedroom and we played for about an hour... when he was done he simply went under my bed and went to sleep....

Him and Ellie touched noses today - they were just fine for a bit and then she pounced on him and he growled.. she hissed... and they went in seperate directions...... Macy and him just ignore each other but there's no hissing or growling with her.

Keeping in my bedroom all night wouldn't work - my room is VERy small - my bed just barely fits in it... and whenever I close a door he cries... we leave our bedroom open for the cats though... Ellie likes to sleep on my pillow with me.

Shady
07-31-2005, 04:22 PM
He's lost and confused, homesick so to speak, probably frightened beyond belief..

He needs attention and reassurance that he's home and he's welcome there. Probably why he went to sleep after playing with him.

He's so beautiful, just have patience, I think you're farther along than you think if the other cats arent picking on him, and vice versa.