PDA

View Full Version : Dog Talk

MHMama
08-09-2001, 08:55 PM
I just got a very interesting book called Dog Talk by Robert Taylor (no not the deceased actor).
It starts off telling you that your dog is a decendant of wolves (Carrie is right) then it explains how they evolved and the best part, the book tells you what different looks, positions etc. mean. Like the tail, it tells what each position the tail is in means. It also goes into training.
It is published by Globe Digests/American Media Mini Mags, Inc. 5401 N.W. Broken Sound Blvd. Boca Raton, FL 33487. I found it at a Walmarts at the cashier's line. Not a bad book for $2.59.
MHMama :)

KYS
08-09-2001, 11:35 PM
MHMama,
Can't beat a $2.59 for a good behavior book. :)
If your interesting in Dog Behavior,
The Dog's Mind by Bruce Fogle DVM is a excellent book.
I just bought "On Talking Terms with Dogs: Calming Signals by Turid Rugaas.
It's a VERY thin paper back-book for $9.99, but it explains canine language along with how to understand it and also
use it.
A couple of my friends who are
into behavior/training recommend,
The Dog listener, by Jan Fennell, but I have not read it.

jackiesdaisy1935
08-10-2001, 04:49 PM
Both books sound wonderful, I just got a book that I am going to read it is called
"Dogs Never Lie About Love" by Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson, he was the author of "When Elephants Weep". It says Reflections on the Emotional World of Dogs.
I will let you know how it turns out.
Jackie

BPlovebug
08-10-2001, 05:28 PM
moo moo cachooo lalala you rock pet peoples uhh to lazy to read your stufff but i felt bad that only to people posted a reply!!

e-mail me at [email protected]

~chantelle~ :p :p :p :D :D :D :) :)

MHMama
08-10-2001, 06:38 PM
Chantelle,
Your mother is calling.

Angels3
08-10-2001, 09:08 PM
Thank you for the book titles that everybody has recommended here. They sound very interesting & I'll be checking them out.