PDA

View Full Version : Cats and Reality TV

kilbarchancats
07-30-2005, 06:20 PM
How awful is this....

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=1518

poor little kitten was introduced for ONE HOUR only!!! to the UK Big Brother house, which is presently ongoing at the moment. How entertaining - I don't think.

the wee soul barely looks old enough to have left its mum, yet they see fit to expose it to a load of screaming and mostly non-cat loving strangers in the name of entertainment. Imagine!! Watching the live footage, you could see how confused and scared it was, I was outraged.

channel 4 deserves to be inundated with each and every complaint that it has been.

catmandu
07-30-2005, 06:32 PM
THAT IS A REALLY BAD IDEA,PUTTING A LITTLE KITTEN,LIKE THAT IN A HOUSE,FULL OF PEOPLE,THAT ARE ENCORAGED,TO BEHAVE,AS BADLY,AS POSSIBLE,TO WIN,A LOT,OF MONEY.

ITS NO WONDER,WHY OLDER PEOPLE,LIKE MYSELF,ARE DROPPING CABLE TV.

DID THEY SAY,WHAT HAPPENED,TO THAT LITTLE BABY?????

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos854.jpg

kilbarchancats
07-30-2005, 06:46 PM
no, I haven't managed to find anything else out about it, other than that there have been a load of complaints.

Its an insult enough not to even be told the puss's name. It was just the cutest thing and I would have stolen him/her in a minute so hopefully a good home and a happy life are the end of the tale....I would absolutely enjoy all the mischief and micey/birdy fun that would ensue.....much scratchies and wet nosy rubs

momcat
07-30-2005, 09:28 PM
Who's "brilliant" idea was that? That was definitely poor! Such an adorable baby thrust in with those dreadful people. I can't begin to tell you how outraged I am right now!!!!! Hopefully baby's tv debut will result in a loving, caring furever home.....

smokey the elder
07-31-2005, 07:24 AM
What the h-e-double hockey stix are they thinking??:mad: :(

orangemm
07-31-2005, 08:07 AM
I think this borders on animal abuse and cruelty.

What they won't do to an innocent animal for ratings.

Sickening.

rg_girlca
07-31-2005, 12:38 PM
That kitty is the most adorable widdle thing I have ever seen.

Stupid, stupid people to do this just for ratings. Well as far as I'm concerned, it obviously worked against them.

I'm glad this poor baby was there for only an hour, mind you, too bad he was there at all.

Lightning SuperCat
07-31-2005, 01:07 PM
What an adorable kitty! that was such a stupid idea for them to do that.