PDA

View Full Version : This was in the news today...

CattleDogMom
07-30-2005, 01:01 PM
Foul-mouthed British parrot banished by embarrassed keepers

Foul-mouthed British parrot banished by embarrassed keepers LONDON (AFP) - A foul-mouthed parrot previously owned by a lorry driver has been banished from public areas in a British animal sanctuary after repeatedly embarrassing his keepers, they said. Barney, a five-year-old Macaw, is now kept indoors at Warwickshire Animal Sanctuary in Nuneaton, central England, when outsiders visit after abusing dignitaries with swearword-littered insults.

"He's told a lady mayoress to f..(expletive) off and he told a lady vicar: 'And you can f... off as well'," sanctuary worker Stacey Clark said. Nor did the forces of law and order escape, she added. "Two policemen came to have a look at the centre. He told them: 'And you can f... off you two wankers'."

Clark said sanctuary workers believed Barney either picked up the phrases from television or was taught them by his previous owner, a lorry driver who emigrated to Spain. "He does say 'Hello, big boy' and 'Thank you' when you give him a biscuit," she added. "But it's mainly naughty words and always to the wrong people. We're trying to teach him not to swear. Macaws are very intelligent birds."

wolfsoul
07-30-2005, 05:39 PM
LOL...that's funny.

We haven't seen you around PT for quite a while! Nice to have you back.

Suki Wingy
07-30-2005, 08:33 PM
Ha! That is funny! But they couldn't REALLY get mad at a macaw, could they?

CountryWolf07
07-30-2005, 10:59 PM
LOL.. wow..

jesse_3
07-30-2005, 11:13 PM
LOL!! I think that it is funny:D

Ha! That is funny! But they couldn't REALLY get mad at a macaw, could they?
That is what I was wondering:cunfused:

Steph and Jes

CattleDogMom
07-30-2005, 11:57 PM
Hey Wolfsoul...

I don't know if you saw URL=http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84877&perpage=10&pagenumber=1]this thread[/URL] or not but it explains my absence.

Hope you're well and time has been good to you.

CattleDogMom
07-30-2005, 11:58 PM
I don't know why that didn't work...

here it is:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84877&perpage=10&pagenumber=1