PDA

View Full Version : Took a shower with Marty and Alex

animal_rescue
07-30-2005, 11:31 AM
Last night, when I went to take a shower. I somehow got the thought of bringing Marty and Alex in there with me. I had been meaning to give them a bath anyways, since I had already given Shaggy, Maggie, and Mandi a bath earlier that day.

Marty and Alex were so good in the shower! Better than outside baths or in the bathtub, our shower is seperate from the bathtub and has a glass surrounding. They just sat there while I showered then I gave them a bath, it was surprisingly quicker than anything other bath I've ever given them!

So I must know has anyone else taken a shower with their dog(s)?

Bigyummydog
07-30-2005, 11:54 AM
That's how MAXIMUS and Pressley take a shower. Press just changes the shower head to the hose type. Our shower is in the tub, so that's more room for both of them. The both use the same shampoo and conditioner. Suave coconut scent. It was actually MAXIMUS' , but Press likes it too.

Kfamr
07-30-2005, 11:57 AM
Yep, we've done it. :)

I've been in a hurry to bathe one of them, always needing to shower myself aftwerwards, so I just bring one in the shower with me. Usually Kiara or Simba, Nala takes up too much room. ;)

Kiara always comes in the bathroom with me when I shower. She likes to nap on the bathroom rug until I'm done.

finn's mom
07-30-2005, 12:09 PM
When Finn was being house trained, I wouldn't leave him unsupervised for very long. So, when I would go into the bathroom to shower, I would bring him in there with me, instead of crating him. He would always get in with me. ;) He doesn't get in with me anymore, but, I usually just put on my bikini and get in the bath with him and then shower afterwards with him still in there. Just to make sure he gets doubly rinsed. :) It's crowded, though, he's big!

Suki Wingy
07-30-2005, 12:10 PM
Yes, it was the only way I bathed Niño untill my dad got really mad about all of the fur clogging up the drain so now I'm not aloud.:(

finn's mom
07-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Suki Wingy
Yes, it was the only way I bathed Niño untill my dad got really mad about all of the fur clogging up the drain so now I'm not aloud.:(

They have those little plastic drain covers that allow water, but, not fur to pass through....they're cheap and you can get them anywhere. I use one for Finn, and, it doesn't clog the drain that way.

beeniesmom
07-30-2005, 10:23 PM
oh yes, that is how I bathe Beenie (and now Frankie too). Today was bath day for both of them.

Lexi_Lover
07-30-2005, 10:36 PM
If Lexi needs a bath. She comes with me! Otherwise, I onyl turn the shower light on, and leave the bathroom light off and she sleeps on the rug in front of the shower. Its her alone time and she can sleep. Its also quiet and kind of soothing with the water! :)

manda99
07-31-2005, 05:04 AM
When I had shower doors that's how I'd bathe Smokey. But with a curtain there's no keeping him in there with me...

Tweety_Pie
07-31-2005, 11:00 AM
I always bring Honey and Taffy in the shower with me!:) They seem to like it better than being bathed in the tub!

buttercup132
07-31-2005, 12:21 PM
i tried it today when my parents where gone, it was hard getting him in at first but after he liked it he just sat there i think he liked it better than having a cold hose bath outside

mruffruff
07-31-2005, 01:06 PM
Manda99, you need a special bathtub tether. It suctions to the sides of the tub so you can connect your dog to it and the dog won't jump out of the tub. I bought one for our shelter from DrsFosterSmith.com. :)