PDA

View Full Version : Just got home from the ER with Misha!

chrangharris
07-30-2005, 09:32 AM
We just got back from the ER with Misha. She was sitting on my lap and decided to test gravity out! She went diving off my lap, head first- I just couldn't move quick enough to catch her. We called the nurses line and since she was having problems crawling, the nurse said to take her in. We were at ER for several hours watching her and the Dr. checked her out. She finally started crawling normally and even took 4 steps by herself! The Dr. gave the go ahead to take her home and some things to watch for. She isn't allowed to nap for more then 2 hours at time. For the next 2 nights we need to wake her a few times at night to make sure she is ok! Thank God it wasn't worse!

Lexi_Lover
07-30-2005, 09:35 AM
OH jeez! That must've been quite the experience! :( Poor Misha! I hope shes alright! Feel better soon! (((((HUGS)))))

finn's mom
07-30-2005, 09:38 AM
wow, i hope everything will be all right! you guys were lucky!

sirrahbed
07-30-2005, 09:41 AM
What a fright!:eek: Head first onto the hardwood floor as well - oh my but so glad she is fine. I bet you have that lump in your throat still?? It is amazing how babies can bounce - but also those times when they are hurt. This is the first big BOO BOO for Misha and glad it had a good outcome. FOUR steps and in the ER!:rolleyes: :D

Soon you will be in BIG trouble at home. Time for grandpa to check out more baby proofing - soon to be two grandbabies in the house at times:eek: :D :D I think I have forgotten what it can be like. I am still picturing Misha and feeling MY heart speed up and I was not there. WHEW!

Watching your baby hurt is something you never forget.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-30-2005, 09:44 AM
Oh my, that must have been such a shock :eek: :eek:
Happy to hear she is okay!!

Toby's my baby
07-30-2005, 10:42 AM
I am glad she is all right!! Does she have a big bump on her head now?? Glad something terrible didnt happen!

kuhio98
07-30-2005, 10:42 AM
Misha! Don't frighten your mommy and daddy and all your aunties that way! I'm so glad everything turned out all right. And for you experienced parents out there ~ why, oh why, do kids do this head dive thing? I've seen it over and over. It seems to be a very normal thing. I wonder why they do it?

Chris ~ I'm so glad she's back home safe and sound. What a fright!

Kfamr
07-30-2005, 12:03 PM
That's so scary. :( I hope everything will be fine with her.

Cataholic
07-30-2005, 12:38 PM
That must have been so terrifying for you! Thank God things were all right. Note to Misha- hardwood floors are named that for one reason- they are HARD! Your poor little noggin, your poor parents.

Feel better soon!

luvofallhorses
07-30-2005, 01:17 PM
:eek: I am glad to hear she's okay! (((hugs)))

Karen
07-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Glad Misha is okay, oh, it's so scary when these things happen. You must have been sooooo relieved when she began walking normally again.

Oh, Misha, be careful, okay? Too many people love you and worry about you. Can't damage that precious noggin, honey!

Anita Cholaine
07-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Poor girl... I'm glad to hear that she's okay....Lots of hugs for her.....

Sirrahsim
07-30-2005, 05:17 PM
oh no!! I'm so glad that she is ok:eek: :) Don't do that Misha!!

petslover
07-30-2005, 09:16 PM
Poor Misha. I am glad she is okay though.

krazyaboutkatz
07-30-2005, 09:22 PM
How scary.:eek: I'm so glad to hear that she's alright. Please take care.

Craftlady
07-30-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm glad she is ok.

persianmom
07-31-2005, 10:02 AM
I glad she is doing good. I think they go head first because they are top heavy. We need pictures of the frist major BOO-BOO. Of course she does this when we are going to take her in to have year old pictures taken at the mall. 4 steps in the ER. She must of want to run for cover the men in the white coats are coming. :D :D :D
Love ya Mom

catnapper
07-31-2005, 10:47 AM
How scary! Glad everything turned out a-ok. :)

rg_girlca
07-31-2005, 02:14 PM
Oh yes, how I remember those days. They can be very scary.

I'm so glad that precious little Misha is okay.

((((((HUGS)))))) to mom & dad.

NoahsMommy
07-31-2005, 10:21 PM
Glad Misha was OK...how scary for you though!

Hugs,
Kelly :)