PDA

View Full Version : Safe or stupid?

RICHARD
07-30-2005, 05:56 AM
Russians queue for Putin tattoos

Russians are reportedly queuing up to have images of President Vladimir Putin tattooed onto their bodies.

The new craze for tattoos of the Russian leader is sweeping the country with people in Siberia especially queuing up to have their bodies adorned with the President's name or face.

Josef Radimov, from the city of Omsk, said he had decided to get a tattoo of Putin's face on his shoulder because it made him feel safe.

He said: "Having a tattoo of President Putin is very fashionable at the moment and all my friends have them.

"Being able to look down at my shoulder and seeing our President there all the time makes me feel more confident and safe."

Putin is one of the country's most popular leaders of all time and some people have gone even further than just getting tattoos to show how much they like him, reports the Moskovsky Komsomolets newspaper.

One man in Omsk recently even changed his name to Putin out of respect for the Russian leader.

--------------------------------

LOLOLOLOL,

And to think that I could have had a John Kerry tattoo...
:confused: ;)

Actually
a gal I know has GWB tattooed on one thigh and Dick Cheney on the the other one.....It took me a while to figure out Willie Nelson was standing in in between the two.....:confused:

KYS
07-30-2005, 07:32 AM
:confused:

Now I can see a person's mother being tattooed on your
body but the President????

I would not want Kerry, Cheney nor Willie
permanently tattooed on me neither. ;)

Pam
07-30-2005, 07:37 AM
That is bizarre! :eek:

JenBKR
07-30-2005, 07:50 AM
Personally, I would prefer a flower or butterfly, but hey, that's me. Let's hope they all still like this president in 10 years!

joycenalex
07-30-2005, 09:13 AM
i've been thinking about a small paw print over my heart, but, umm putin? kerry?

finn's mom
07-30-2005, 09:51 AM
I think anything you are passionate about is an appropriate tattoo for you. I'd love to be that passionate about my president. I kinda think that's the way it should be. I wouldn't get a tattoo of anything that big anyway, but, I don't think it's stupid. :)

Lady's Human
07-30-2005, 12:23 PM
Just what I'd want for a tattoo.....a pic of the ex head of the KGB.

:rolleyes:

kuhio98
07-30-2005, 01:07 PM
Richard ~ You've got me thinkin. If American's tatooed themselves with the President's face... Every 4 (or 8) years, we'd have to decide, which body part to put the face on. The "body part decision" could be based upon how highly (or lowly) you feel about him. :p

I mean, you wouldn't put a tatoo of Bush and Clinton necessarily in the same "geographic location", would you?

I'm thinking of a body part to stick Bush on but I think Clinton would fit into a whole different region. :eek:

RICHARD
07-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by kuhio98

I mean, you wouldn't put a tatoo of Bush and Clinton necessarily in the same "geographic location", would you?

I think we have to save that area for Cheney.:confused: :eek: