PDA

View Full Version : Well here's how we did...

Crikit
02-25-2002, 08:25 PM
Are you ready for it?

No I'm serious you really have to be prepared for this one...is everyone sitting down? ;)

Well out 4 events Smudge got second twice :D :D :D ...that's right, it's our best showing as far as placements go.

We were entered in all four events on Sunday both rounds of regular agility and both round of jumpers, which is just jumps and tunnels. And we took second in both rounds of regular agility, I mean yes there were only two dogs in our catagory but the dog we were running against was an aussie who was way faster then Smudge, and we could have been eliminated.

But I'm very happy with two seconds it's the best we've done, we actually had our first clean run which he's never done before, and he recalled every single time that I called him which made me really happy.

In jumpers we did fairly good to only missed a couple of jumps on the first run but he was doing so good that I didn't want to force him to go back. The second run we sort of fell apart which I am chalking up to lack of sleep for both of us (Didn't get much sleep friday due to worrying about Winter, and saturday I didn't go to sleep until I knew that Winter was sleeping soundly and not whimpering...both nights Smudge was kept up by all the noise we were making and all the moving around) and to tell you the truth by the end of the day I just wanted to go home and see how Winter was doing...part of me thinks it was the same for Smudge.

All combined though the agility group that I'm in cleaned up, we got like five or six fluffys (it's what we call titles...it's all thanks to one of the memebers whose scottish) and quite a few placements in the top four :D :D :D :D

Now all I can say is I can't wait until the trial in March :D

aly
02-25-2002, 08:40 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-25-2002, 10:08 PM
WAY TO GO SMUDGE!!!!!!!!
We are so proud of you! :D

kobieeli
02-25-2002, 11:37 PM
Fantastic teamwork, you two! I'm very proud of Smudge and his kicking some booty on the course...:)

Former User
02-26-2002, 02:37 AM
GOOD JOB SMUDGE!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you got extra treats for that!!!

Gio
02-26-2002, 03:28 AM
Well Done!!!

lizbud
02-26-2002, 01:08 PM
GREAT JOB SMUDGE & CRIKIT

That's what you call 'grace under pressure'...
Hope Winter's feeling better also. Congrats !!!

ShepherdLover
02-26-2002, 01:11 PM
Wow that's great! What kind of competition did you do? Because if you do AKC, then you need to go back over the jump if they missed it.

Well you did better than me at my first agility trial!!!

sammi
02-26-2002, 01:50 PM
Way to go!!! Congrats. :) ;) :)

Hbrika
02-26-2002, 02:59 PM
Whoo I am jealous Congrats :)

jackiesdaisy1935
02-26-2002, 03:57 PM
Congratulations Smudge, I think everyone here at PetTalk was rooting for you, how could you miss with all those good wishes.
We are so proud of you.:D
Jackie

tatsxxx11
02-26-2002, 04:24 PM
WHAT A TEAM!!! Congratulations to Smudge and Crikit!!! AWESOME JOB!!

Sudilar
02-26-2002, 08:11 PM
HOOOOORAYYYYYYY!!!!!

Heather Wallace
02-26-2002, 08:18 PM
Well done, we are all really happy for you!!!!!:)

Crikit
02-27-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by ShepherdLover
Wow that's great! What kind of competition did you do? Because if you do AKC, then you need to go back over the jump if they missed it.

We compete in NADAC and AAC, although we've only done NADAC at the moment. Smudge isn't allowed to compete in AKC or CKC because he's not a pure breed dog, actually Winter won't be allowed to either because even though she's a purebreed she can't be registered in Canada, don't ask it's this stupid thing they have..

Anyhoo thanks for the congrats guys I'll pass them on to Smudge :D :D :D

Dixieland Dancer
02-28-2002, 10:39 AM
CONGRATULATIONS on your first showing. I am glad it was so successful! Does the NADAC give ribbons and titles? I am not familiar with them since we show only in AKC events. And most importantly did you treat Smudge with his favorite food for doing such a good job?

I usually save the really special treat (a nice juicy steak bone with lots of meat still on it) for when they complete a title.

ShepherdLover
02-28-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Crikit

We compete in NADAC and AAC, although we've only done NADAC at the moment. Smudge isn't allowed to compete in AKC or CKC because he's not a pure breed dog, actually Winter won't be allowed to either because even though she's a purebreed she can't be registered in Canada, don't ask it's this stupid thing they have..

Okay! That's cool! Yea, that's the thing about AKC and CKC, your dog has to be purebred. If you want to do Winter in AKC, you can get an Indefinite Listing Privilege (ILP) (http://www.akc.org/registration/ilpex.cfm). Well, have fun in your next competition!!! :)

Crikit
02-28-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer
[COLOR=blue] Does the NADAC give ribbons and titles? I am not familiar with them since we show only in AKC events. And most importantly did you treat Smudge with his favorite food for doing such a good job?

Yes NADAC (Which stands for North American Dog Agility Council, in case anyones wondering) gives out ribbons and titles, it's blue for first, red for second, yellow for third, White for fourth (Smudge has three of those from our first two trials) and if you qualify for a leg of a title you get a purple and then once you get the title you get a purple and white fluffy. And of course Smudge gets lots of treats and lots of praise when we're finished the course, even if he doesn't do all that well...okay well except for once when he went straight in to the kennel but that was because instead of doing the course he ran off in search of dad :o and with Winter she'll end up getting a few tosses of a b-a-l-l or toy (had to spell the b word in case she's fiqured out how to read ;)

Oh and Shepherdlover thanks for the info, to bad I can't use it...Wint's not registered in the states either...and well there aren't a lot of AKC events in Canada.