PDA

View Full Version : I just got back from Chicago!!

rizzy
07-29-2005, 10:58 PM
Hey PT! I have been in Chicago for the past 6 days on a Missions trip with my church. It was amazing! I loved it there. We did a lot of really neat things. One day we repackaged (sp?) damaged food, we cleaned a school for Cabrini Green, served food at a soup kitchen, and sorted through all of these clothes. The weather was incredibly hot but it was fun. We didnt only work we also went to the Navy Pier, Chinatown, Mag. mile (michigan ave.), an African American history muesum and I rode on a subway train, and public bus for the first time. The experience was awesome and it was just incredible! It meant so much to me and I grew more with the Lord and it was just an amazing week and I wanted to share with you so thanks for listening.:D

luvofallhorses
07-29-2005, 11:05 PM
It sounds like you had lots of fun! :)

K9karen
07-29-2005, 11:44 PM
"Chicago is..my kind of town...." Glad you had a good time! great city, great people! (and great food!)

Suki Wingy
07-30-2005, 10:23 AM
Glad you enjoyed it here!

Randi
07-30-2005, 10:33 AM
It sounds like a wonderful trip you had. :D

Ginger's Mom
07-30-2005, 10:35 AM
Sounds great. :) I am glad you enjoyed it.

Toby's my baby
07-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Sounds like you had fun Rachel!!

Rachel
07-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Hey, Rachel, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and found satisfaction in the mission you accomplished. You must have seen the extremes of life in the big city. I hope you didn't get a kink in your neck from looking up at the big buildings, which is what happens to me when I visit Chicago.

Buddy Blaze Lover
07-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Sounds like you had an awesome time Rachel!!:D I just went with my youth group on a conference trip a few weeks ago, and gosh, I grew a lot too, and it was SO fun!!!;) Glad you're back!!;)

Anita Cholaine
07-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Seems like you had a great time...I'm glad you enjoyed it!:)

bluekat
07-30-2005, 02:32 PM
Sounds like fun! :D I was just in Chicago 2 weeks ago..I love it there.

rizzy
07-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Hey, Rachel, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and found satisfaction in the mission you accomplished. You must have seen the extremes of life in the big city. I hope you didn't get a kink in your neck from looking up at the big buildings, which is what happens to me when I visit Chicago.

Lol, the buildings were incredible! Did you get to see them at night all lit up? Its beautiful. But yeah walking down the street looking at the buildings I almost ran into things!lol:D It was a lot of fun.

Sounds like you had an awesome time Rachel!! I just went with my youth group on a conference trip a few weeks ago, and gosh, I grew a lot too, and it was SO fun!!! Glad you're back!!

That is so awesome what kind of things did your youth group do?

jesse_3
07-30-2005, 11:09 PM
Everyone, I heard it ALL on the phone! I think that I am all talked out now, luckily the phone died:p J/K!!!!!!!

Steph and Jes

rizzy
07-31-2005, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by jesse_3
Everyone, I heard it ALL on the phone! I think that I am all talked out now, luckily the phone died:p J/K!!!!!!!

Steph and Jes

LOL! I wasnt even finished...:p :rolleyes: :)

furrykidsmother
07-31-2005, 12:02 PM
Glad that you had such a great time!

jesse_3
07-31-2005, 09:33 PM
Hey, tell everyone about the rude restaurant! That was SO funny!

Sorry, forgot to add this, I'm glad that you had a GREAT time! I really am! I hope that I didn't sound too much like I didn't care, I felt HORRIBLE!!!!!! You know that though:)

Rachel, we are all glad to have you back too. Jes, Sally, and I all REALLY SUPER missed you! Don't ever stay gone that long again!

Steph and Jes

Lobodeb
08-01-2005, 02:57 PM
What? Rudeness here in Chicago? :eek: I refuse to believe it. :rolleyes:

Glad you had a good time here. :)

rizzy
08-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by jesse_3
Hey, tell everyone about the rude restaurant! That was SO funny!

Steph and Jes

Oh, she is talking about Ed Debevics. We went there for my birthday on Wednsday. The theme of the resturant is to be rude. It was so much fun!:D Has anybody else eaten there? Or did anybody else get the Worlds Smallest Sunday?:p :D

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by rizzy
That is so awesome what kind of things did your youth group do?

Oh we did a ton of stuff! Lots of praise and worship (with this REALLY great band!) and talks, as well as social time! I made a lot of new friends too! We also had sports and a dance as well, so it made everything really fun!!:D;)

rizzy
08-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Sounds like you had a great time:D I dont know about you but I just **LOVE** being with my youth group;)

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by rizzy
Sounds like you had a great time:D I dont know about you but I just **LOVE** being with my youth group;)

Yup, I had an awesome time!!! Oh me too, my youth group rocks, I love each and every kid in it!!!:D:D:D