PDA

View Full Version : Sally has Limes Disease!!:(

rizzy
07-29-2005, 10:47 PM
I have been gone for about a week and so thats why I havent posted this yet. Sally has been sick since tuesday. She didnt eat or drink in 3 days and she has lost weight. Her eyes look really big and are bloodshot. I cant even look at her when I pet her:(! We did take her to the vet though and she ate canned food and did drink some water. She has eye and ear medication and some pills to take. So if you could just keep her in your prayers and that she gets better soon. I feel so bad.:( I wasnt planning on posting a picture but I can if anybody has advice and needs a pic. Thanks for everything.

jesse_3
07-29-2005, 11:07 PM
Sally! No! I'm ready to cry!

Sally will be in my thoughts and prayers!-It's all right hon, just remember, Jesse and I are fighting for you along with Rachel!

Steph and Jes

dragondawg
07-31-2005, 05:23 PM
is very effective against the tick borne rickettsia organisms. A three week treatment cycle should clean out the rickettsia. My one puppy was asymtomatic but recently found to be sero positive for ehrlichiosis. She's in her final week of treatment, and seems fine with being "forced" to consume peanut butter with the pills inside (yummy). ;) Of course her little brother gets the peanut butter free. :) Note doxycycline can not be given with diary products. So my usual method of hiding pills in cheese would not have worked out too well. Puppies don't care.

The danger in the tick diseases is if the owner passes off the acute stage to some other illness and the symptoms subside. Then the disease can become chronic, slowly cause damage to internal organs (i.e. especially the kidneys), and cause joint inflamation via an auto-immune reaction.

If caught and treated in the acute stage one should expect a quick recovery with no permanant side affects.

Pam
07-31-2005, 07:03 PM
My Bella also had Lyme disease a few years ago. It was before I had started her on Frontline and before receiving the vaccine. The first thing I noticed was a limp that began abruptly one morning. I thought she sprained something while running outside. She had none of the other symptoms that you mentioned. The vet tested her and she came up positive for Lyme's. It is treatable thankfully when caught early. Fingers crossed and lots of Get Well Wishes for Sally!!

Pawsitive Thinking
08-01-2005, 06:30 AM
Poor little cutie - everyone here sends love 'n' licks to you Sally