PDA

View Full Version : Splurging for my kitties .... here's hoping!!!

kimlovescats
07-29-2005, 09:50 PM
OK, I finally broke down and bought Science Diet for all of my cats .... however, the feedings will no longer be an all-you-can-woof-down-and-barf-right-back-up buffet! They will now be measured and dispensed to each cat accordingly .... not gonna be wastin' this food! Now, let's just hope they all like it!;)

Craftlady
07-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Sd is good stuff. Good idea not to free feed. To expensive to barf up again. LOL Free feeding ended up putting weight on our gang. :(
SD didnt agree with Skinny's tummy so we changed over to Nutro been on it for almost 2 yrs. Actually I like it better potty doesnt stink near as bad as when they were on SD.

kimlovescats
07-29-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Craftlady
Sd is good stuff. Good idea not to free feed. To expensive to barf up again. LOL Free feeding ended up putting weight on our gang. :(
SD didnt agree with Skinny's tummy so we changed over to Nutro been on it for almost 2 yrs. Actually I like it better potty doesnt stink near as bad as when they were on SD.

NOW you tell me that! Hubby and I were standing right in between the two ... SD and Nutro ... and I went with SD, because it was on sale. Oh well, it's got to be better than what they have been on ..... maybe next bag I'll try Nutro. I really wanted to buy it from our TSC anyway ... but they were already closed, and we needed food TONIGHT! So, PetSmart was the only option. :rolleyes:

sandragonfly
07-30-2005, 01:00 AM
oh you don't like petsmart?

I wish you all kittens good luck! hope that new food will work well with all of them. :)

it's a really good food brand for all of my cats but it made one of my (13) cat fat! heh.

hey kittens, be good..don't barf!

Craftlady
07-30-2005, 04:34 AM
Our TSC carrys very little for cats. If I want anything they dont carry, they will order a pallet full for me. NOT
They carry for dogs, horses, and other farm animals.

jenluckenbach
07-30-2005, 05:34 AM
What is TSC?

Good luck with the new food.

Craftlady
07-30-2005, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
What is TSC?

Good luck with the new food.

TSC = Tractor Supply Company

catnapper
07-30-2005, 07:18 AM
Good luck Kim! My guys didn't like the SD too much, but htey ate it (while it was the only choice they had, they figured they'd better eat it! :D )

We feed them Nutro here too. Go to their website and sign up for coupons -- they're good coupons for $1 and $2 off.

JenBKR
07-30-2005, 08:16 AM
I feed both of mine science diet, they LOVE it and it works really well for them. I was feeding them MaxCat before, but got a coupon for a free bag of science diet, so I figured what the heck and tried it. I mixed it in with the MaxCat, but when the SD was gone I went back to straight MaxCat, but Katie followed me around the house meowing very loudly for a week before I figured out what was wrong. She wanted more SD! So I switched. They are both very healthy. :)

QueenScoopalot
07-30-2005, 08:26 AM
I frequently buy (if you have a Costco nearby) Kirkland brand which is word for word identical to the Science Diet. ;) I brought a bag in two days ago, and thought it was in a "rodent" proof area.....but nooo! :rolleyes: It was chewed through in three different areas of the bag! :eek: The dogs were dining from the easy access bottom corner, and Annie was perched on top dining from the top corner....her head inside the bag! :rolleyes:

kuhio98
07-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Our three only eat Science Diet crunchies. They love it (especially Halo and Pepper). I've never bought Science Diet canned stuff for them, though. Oh, and once Cammie went on Science Diet crunchies, she is much less likely to clear a room when she does her business (if you know what I mean). :p Keep us posted on how your babies deal with the change.

catmandu
07-30-2005, 09:37 AM
I TOO,WILL BEING GETTING,THE SCIENCE DIET,AT PETCETERA,6 20 POUND BAGS,AS I WILL THEN QUALIFY,FOR A FREE BAGS,AND THE SALES REP,GAVE ME,THIRTY DOLLARS,WORTH,OF COUPONS,AND ITS,ON SPECIAL.SO THE 7 BAGS,WILL COST ME,ABOUT 189 DOLLARS,WHICH,IS AN EXCELLENT PRICE.
AND THE CATS ALL LOVE SD,ALTHOUGH,I HAVE A FEELING,THAT THEYWILL MISS ,THIER NUTRO COMPLETE CARE INDOOR,I FEEL BAD,AS THEY LOVE,THE INDOOR FOOD.MAYBE,ILL GET THE 17.5 ADVANCE PROTECTION.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos842.jpg

kimlovescats
07-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Well, it's such a tough call .... pros and cons both ways ... but at least I know they are getting a premium food now. I am going to try really hard to keep them on one! Sometimes when you are feeding 20 or more cats, it's easy to wanna grab more for your money!;) I never get super cheapo stuff, but they seem to have been liking the Purina Indoor Formula for a while now. It's just that hubby and I have about had it with runny, smelly poops. Like I mentioned (I think) before .... I am also in a "cage and patrol" mission of everyone's poops. My Fuzzy Girl had a horrible tapeworm infestion, but I am THRILLED to report that she had a PERFECT poop last night! YIPPEE!!!!

Gina - I do like PetSmart .... they just tend to be expensive! I think (hope) that the TSC (Tractor Supply COmpany) will be a tad less expensive ... but the main thing too, is that TSC is much closer to my house! CONVENIENCE counts in a big way for me!;) :D

Craftlady
07-30-2005, 01:52 PM
I have a "pet perks" card from PetSmart. They put allot of stuff on sale on regular basis and when they swap the card you can save.
TCS has Nutro for cats but in the smallest bag which is way more $ than what I can get it at PetSmart. We buy the 20 lbs bag which lasts us 2 months so $28 or so thats not bad to feed 3 opps now 4 kitties. :) Now for dog food they carry the HUGH bags. I would use TCS if we had a snow storm or extreme bad weather and couldnt get up to Florence to PetSmart.

Decent shopping for us in 26 miles up north in Florence. PetSmart, Lowes, Home Depot, Best Buy and a big mall. It's just a way of life around here in the sticks to drive 30 mins to get something. Even after 7 yrs of living here, it still agravates me. LOL I miss my hometown of Akron where in 2 mins I was at BIG shopping.

LaRana
08-01-2005, 09:25 AM
I've noticed with Science Diet on both my cat & dog that if they have any "accidents" their poop is never runny (unless they are sick of course) nor does it leave any liquid behind after cleanup so it won't stain your carpet. Science Diet is good stuff for our babies, especially if they are indoor babies.