PDA

View Full Version : Back from surgery at Mayo, *UPDATE*

Toby's my baby
07-29-2005, 08:29 PM
First of all, please excuse all spelling mistakes, I only have one hand to type with.

Second of all, thank you everybody who prayed for me, it really means a lot to have all of you here and to have all of you to talk to, I love everyone of you.

The surgery went well, and the doctor thinks he fixed it permanently. The released the nerves, then he took a piece of fat from my thumb area, and layed it over the nerve to protect it. My growth plate on one of my bone has closed up, but it hasnt closed on the other bone in my arm. If the other bone keeps growing, when the other bone cant, I will have to have surgery to take a segment of bone off of the growing bone, to keep my arms the same lenght. I also have a cist (sp?) in on of the bones, but the doc said it was nothing to worry about. I get my HUGE cast off on the 10th of August, and my stitches out then too.

jesse_3
07-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Glad to here that it went well.

That is A LOT of typeing for one hand! You did good with the typeing though;)

Hoping for a speedy recovery Beth!

Steph and Jes

dukedogsmom
07-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Great news! Glad to hear it was a success. I'll bet you can't wait for the 10th to come. I know it must be hard typing with one hand.

luvofallhorses
07-29-2005, 08:34 PM
I am so glad it went well. I hope you get to feeling better and I hope August 10th comes quick for you. (((Hugs)))

Rachel
07-29-2005, 08:36 PM
Oh, that is good news. I do hope that cast is not too uncomfortable, but at least you don't have to wear it that long. I hope your recovery goes as well as the surgery did.

finn's mom
07-29-2005, 08:37 PM
Thank you for the update, I'm glad it went well!

Lexi_Lover
07-29-2005, 08:37 PM
YAY! Glad to hear you're back and doing better already Beth! :) Quick Recovery and Pain-free prayers! (((((HUGS))))) to you! :)

-Paula

Toby's my baby
07-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks everybody!

Just to give you a taste of how I am feeling... I have only taken one pain pill since i got home, and thats because my mom force me to take one before I went to bed, this morning, because she didnt want me to wake up with terrible pain. :p

Ginger's Mom
07-29-2005, 08:57 PM
I am glad to hear that you are doing so well. I hope the recovery is quick and relatively pain free.

K9karen
07-29-2005, 11:57 PM
That's great that you're in so little pain! Glad to hear the surgery went well!

sandragonfly
07-30-2005, 01:41 AM
hey beth..

how's your wrist/hand doing now...?

I hope your doctor (better be) is right! that it is "fixed" for good. I'm glad it's over and have it healed then you could ride-all-you-want saddlegirl! ;)

take care, take your hand easy.. hugs,

:) me & my ark

joycenalex
07-30-2005, 09:22 AM
glad to hear you're out of the hospital and doing well.

furrykidsmother
07-30-2005, 09:48 AM
Glad to hear everything went well. Speedy recovery to you!

chocolatepuppy
07-30-2005, 09:58 AM
Good to hear things went well Beth! You'll be back to two handed typing in no time! :D

Toby's my baby
07-30-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
hey beth..

how's your wrist/hand doing now...?

I hope your doctor (better be) is right! that it is "fixed" for good. I'm glad it's over and have it healed then you could ride-all-you-want saddlegirl! ;)

take care, take your hand easy.. hugs,

:) me & my ark

It's doing great! I am so sick of only haveing one hand to type with though. I guess I'll have to but up with it for a while. I dont know if I have told you all this yet or not, I forgot to tell you, but we are getting a new horse, probably tomorrow. I will make a thread in Pet General, and you all can read about it there. :)

-Beth

cyber-sibes
07-30-2005, 09:51 PM
Glad to hear they did a wonderful job at the Mayo clinic! Heal quickly!