PDA

View Full Version : Cat Food Recommand?

Accord
07-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Hey Guys, I was wondering if u can tell me what's the best cat food you would recommand? Snowshoe/Buggy has whoooo! Stinky poop. And its killing my nose everytime I clean it. He's eating the brand called 9Lives Roasted chicken Smoked Salmon.

Sorry I haven't been on here for quite a while. Just been helping my mom, with an illness she's having, the injuries she's been in and surgery recovery. She's been going through a lot, and I've been there for her all the wayy through. Its tough.

I'm starting college this fall, and I don't have a dang clue of what I want to do as a major. Plus we are moving in 7 months. We've been busy like crazy. So ill check in at times when I'm free. I hardly ever use my Sidek!ck. So keep in touch

PS: the pits are great! They are BIG! Happy pups. All updated with their shots. All lives!

Take Care
Em

catmandu
07-29-2005, 06:27 PM
I WOULD SAY,NUTRO MAX COMPLETE CARE,OR SAVORY RECIPES,OR THE SCIENCE DIET RECIPES,WHICH EVER ONE,IS ON AT A GOOD PRICE,AS THEY ARE BOTH PREMIUM FOODS!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/MichaelBoJJJ3.jpg

Abby&Buddy'sMom
07-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Chicken soup for the cat lovers soul...adult light formula(abby is a bit chubby;) ) because i believe it is a really good food for them to have, and only the best for my two babies:D

sirrahbed
07-29-2005, 06:46 PM
hmmm....stinky poo can mean a parasite. Could that be it? Does Buggy have any diarrhea? If not, Nutro is supposed to be so well digested that kitty will poo less:D It's pricey but folks here use it and mine like it as well. I have seen Nutro Max Complete in the regular grocery stores, too

Accord
07-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Ok ill keep my eye out for that... He's poop is diareha... Has his shots... Very active.

Abby&Buddy'sMom
07-29-2005, 07:06 PM
You may want to read my other post for it contains a link to compare different brands of cat food, so you can make an informative decision on what is best for your kitty:)

Craftlady
07-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Accord
Ok ill keep my eye out for that... He's poop is diareha... Has his shots... Very active.

Diarreha could mean parasites or very sensative tummy. Allot of store brands have alots of fillers (corn by products) that irritate tummys. Please watch the diarreha closely because your kitty could dehydrate very quickly.
I would not let the diarreha go unchecked for more than couple days . A vet should do a stool testing on a sample which will tell them if it's parasites (thus antibotics will be needed).
Stress can cause runny potty. Also drastic change in food.

Accord
07-30-2005, 12:24 AM
Thanks guys, ill keep an eye on the stool. Its not watery wet one, it shapes round but not splaty. He's drinking water. I agree its food intakes. And I should get a Dr. Pet of the Day reommandation cat food for him. It sounds possible he has inflammitory bowel diease. Thomas O'Malley has that, and was on Science diet for 12 yrs. Did pretty good. So ill do the same for Buggy. Expensive yes, but worth the love for animals.