PDA

View Full Version : Posting music file

tatsxxx11
02-25-2002, 06:32 PM
Question....I tried to attach a music file the other day. The file wasn't "rejected," but when I submitted the reply, nothing was there! I noticed Tonya attached an IrfanView wav file in Oliver's Ode thread. I do have IrfanView, but for imaging only; no plugins. Can't unzip them! I tried to attach a KaZa file. Any suggestions?

Paul
02-25-2002, 09:37 PM
   I think it will work now, if the file ends in ".wav".

You may attach files in any of the formats that end in .gif .jpg .png .txt .jpeg .bmp .wav .mpg .mpeg or .mov . Up until a minute ago .wav .mpg .mpeg .mov were not in the list. If anyone would like to upload some other format please let me know.

Paul

zippy-kat
02-25-2002, 09:39 PM
Actually, I just linked it to a music file I found on the web. (Exactly like you would do a pic.)

Mine pulled up from winplayer...not sure what Irfanview is...:confused:

Thanks for asking though!! It would have been much easier to upload the file! lol (I searched for dayz for that file on the web & actually used KaZaa to find the artist. lol)

Paul~ Thanks for allowing us to upload the diff. formats! What is the 'size' limit for these types of files?

Paul
02-25-2002, 09:45 PM
   Both attaching and linking should work now. The file size limit is about 60k.

A lot of programs create or modify .wav files. It should not matter which ones were used.

Now, I realize I left the most popular format mp3 off the list.

Paul

sammi
02-25-2002, 10:08 PM
Yikes!!! What are you guys talking about??!!! LOL:confused: :confused:

aly
02-25-2002, 10:14 PM
Shoulda asked me Tonya, I have that cd :)

Sandra - try downloading Winamp and having all sound files open through that program. Its free and easy to use. You can find it on www.download.com