PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!

CattleDogMom
07-29-2005, 10:26 AM
I don't know if any of you will remember me. It's been a couple of years since I have been on here.

When I was last in here I had 2 cats and an Aussie Cattle Dog. Well, he was raised up and sent to a farm to herd cattle. He is much happier now.

Since then we have adopted a sweet little female Aussie Shep. She will be staying with us forever. She was malnourished and abused by her previous owner. I am working with her and she will be fine though. She is extreemly pettite! I have never seen such a small Aussie Shep before. But the vets assure me she is just a tiny girl, and healthy as can be! She does need a bit more meat on her bones, though. When I got her she was going bald inthe back, but now her beautiful Blue Merle coat is as thick as EVER!

We still have the Siamese and the Norweigan forest. We also "rescued" another cat that was emaciated and needed a family to take care of him. After many sleepless nights of worry, special feeding needs and hundreds of dollars in vet bills due to all of the infections he had, he is a healthy Manx cat.

Now, the BIG news as to why I have been gone:

If any of you remember, my husband is in the Army. WELL, I joined the Air Force too. I just got home from Lackland AFB, TX. I will be home now for a while. As for my hubby, well, he is in Kuwait for a year.:(

But he comes home today on 14 days leave and he get's to meet our little Moon Beam (Aussie Shep) today for the FIRST TIME! He named her Moon Beam over the phone after looking at her 1 great big blue eye in some pictures!

Well, I hope these last couple of years have been good to all of you. I plan to be in here much more often again, now that I have the time!

Love to all,
Crystal

Pawsitive Thinking
07-29-2005, 10:28 AM
Welcome back

Karen
07-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Welcome home, welcome back. Glad you and he are both safe, and welcome Moon Beam!~

When do we get to see pictures?

What's your AF posting/job?

lv4dogs
07-29-2005, 10:44 AM
Welcome back! Thats great news that you are both safe.

Now when do we see pics? I'm getting an Aussie pup in the begining of September. They are great dogs!

Suki Wingy
07-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Hi! I am new since you were gone. I would love to see pics!

CattleDogMom
07-29-2005, 01:26 PM
Okie dokie!

Here is a few pics of her when I adopted her...such a proud moment!

CattleDogMom
07-29-2005, 01:26 PM
another

Lexi_Lover
07-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Welcome back! :) Moon Shine is adorable! :) I have an Aussie-nephew name Kaeko! :) Here is his picture...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/saddle_up24/IMG_0812.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/saddle_up24/d35ff046.jpg

We hope to see many more pictures in the future!

anna_66
07-29-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm glad to hear that your boy is on a farm doing what he was born to do:)

And wow! A new addition...she's beautiful! Can't wait to see some more pictures of her!

You joined too hu? Wow...congrats!
Glad hubby gets to come home and visit for a while, have a good time and talk to you later:D

luvofallhorses
07-29-2005, 01:51 PM
I am also new when you left, your new addition is just beautiful. His/her eyes are breath-taking! I love bi-eyed dogs, more pics please! ;)

lv4dogs
07-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Awwww she's so cute! Her prick ears give her looks a lot of personality. I love the name too!

Jadapit
07-29-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm also new when you left. Your new addition is beautiful!:D Love those eyes...

crsvstang
07-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Welcome back! Moon Beam is beautiful! Congrats!

shais_mom
07-29-2005, 05:40 PM
I was wondering what ever happened to you!
Welcome back!
Kudos to you for joining the Air Force!

CattleDogMom
07-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Here is a pic of Bobby, the manx we rescued, too...........

dukedogsmom
07-29-2005, 09:02 PM
I don't think I remember you but welcome back! I got to see Lackland AFB when I lived in TX. That is the one near San Antonio, isn't it? I love the name Moon Bean. That is so cute the way she got named. I'll be glad when Iraq is just a very sad and bad memory. I have deep respect for the people in the services. I don't think I'd be brave enough to do that.

CattleDogMom
07-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Yes, the one in San Antonio...

Thank you for your appreciation, too. Ther eare those who treat us like we're murders....

Question for the Aussie Shep people...

What type of brush should I use on Moon Beam? I have tried a regular brush...didn't work, I tried a slicker...worked eh, so so...

What about a shedding blade? Any suggestions?

CattleDogMom
07-29-2005, 10:16 PM
ok, I looked in an Aussie Shep book and it says start with a blade to get the dead coat out and finish with a slicker.

bckrazy
07-29-2005, 10:37 PM
^_~ welcome back! Moon Beam is gorgeous!! She's sooo cute and tiny, she reminds me of my friends Miniature Aussie, Tickit. You're awesome for rescuing her! Its always good to see more herding dog people :p... I don't think I was here when you were last. I have a little BC boy named Gonzo, he would luurve Moon Beam!

For the brushing thing, I dont know about Aussies, but I Border Collies have similar coats. I usually use a pin brush and a slicker. I literally get out 5 pounds of hair with the slicker.. ughhh undercoats are such a pain.

:) I agree with Val, you and your husband are incredibly brave and awesome people!

jesse_3
07-29-2005, 10:49 PM
Hey! I'm new to PT after you were gone too!

My name is Steph and my dogs nameis Jesse:) And Welcome back!

That is so awesome that you rescued two furbabes that needed help! I think that it is wonderful that you and your hubby did that!

Steph and Jes

CattleDogMom
07-29-2005, 11:05 PM
We're having fun now!!!!!

I would rescue them all if I could....I have even rescued birds and chickens!!! My husband says we have a ZOO not a HOME! He says my heart is so big that it's going to drop right out of my tiny body...I just love animals and I can't wait to be one in another life, that's all.

Oh well, that's the way it goes, huh? I got on the list at the country SPCA yesterday to take in fosters until we can find a home for them...I do love the babies! I plan to use the GI Bill money I earned for school towards schooling/degree in Vet Medicine or Zoology.

binka_nugget
07-29-2005, 11:14 PM
Hi Crystal! I'm so glad to see that you're back! I was just thinking about you the other day. How are the kids?

Moon Beam is absolutely beautiful!

CattleDogMom
07-29-2005, 11:23 PM
BINKA!!!BINKA!

How ya been???

And anne! I remember her too!!!!

The kids are great, my eldest is 12 now, can you believe it? My middle boy is 11 and both are in Jr High now...uggh!
The youngest is almost 9.
:eek:

And how are you??? and your fur babies???

I'm attaching a pic of my hubby meeting Moon for the first time today!!!!

GoldenRetrLuver
07-29-2005, 11:25 PM
Hey Crystal! I've been wondering where you've been for a while now. So glad to hear from you. Moon Beam is beautiful and I'm looking forward to seeing many pictures of her. :D

WELCOME BACK!

CattleDogMom
07-29-2005, 11:37 PM
Good to see ya hun!

Hey, let me tell you what happened to me 2 nights ago...your name reminded me of it...

I was driving home with my boys when I heard a lady screaming on the sidewalk and I look over and a pit bull was tearing her GR apart! She was walking her dog and this pit ran out of the yard and attacked it. This poor GR was screaming and bleeding! So I pulled over and ran to help, but the pit's owner ran out too and he got the dog off and beat his own dog right there!

So he left and put the dog in the house and I told the lady she needed to call the police and make a report but she didnt' have her cell, so I went back to my van to get mine for her. When I walked back to her the pit owner was back there acting all concerned. I tried to hand her my phone and he took a swing at me to try and knock my cell out of my hand! WHOA! that's assult!

So I went back to my van and called the police MYSELF! No wonder the dog is hostile! If the owner is hostile the dog learned it! I would even bet he taught it to the dog. Otherwise pits are just as loving as any other dog!

So the guy tried to fight me and was calling me every name in the book and his wife was trying to fight with me too! He was just upset because he knew his dog was in trouble!

So the police came and they wanted to know if I wanted to press charges. I said I wanted him at least fined for not having the dog properly confined to the yard...they live right across the street from an elementary school and city park! Everyone with kids and dogs walks through there to get to the park.

But can you believe it????? The GR owner took him to the vet that night. I don't know the outcome though.

binka_nugget
07-30-2005, 02:28 AM
Aww.. the poor Golden :(

I'm really good. I just graduated and now I'm finally getting to do all the stuff I've wanted to do. I love all the time I get to spend with the dogs now. :D

I think you left just before we adopted our second dog. We rescued another Sheltie from the Animal Shelter that I volunteer at. He was neglected and grossly underweight. He's well loved now and could stand to lose a few pounds. :p Both of them are great though.

It's really good to see ya again! :D

Cincy'sMom
07-30-2005, 07:18 AM
Welcome Back, Crystal!!! Congrats onthe new additions!! they are both gorgeous!

CattleDogMom
07-30-2005, 11:11 AM
You were still in High School last we talked!

And you just had Kai and he was still a pup!

So are you working? In college? Traveling???

I'm STILL in college. It's going alot slower than I had thought, but I'll get there. It's so hard with working full time...I'm active duty right now, the kids and being the only parent here right now.

If things go right, I'll be able to start the Vet Tech Program in February. After I finish that I will have my A.S. degree and be eligable to take the test for RVT. And if I get deployed, they will hold my spot open for me.:cool:

CattleDogMom
07-30-2005, 11:12 AM
Hiya Cincy's mom!

How are ya!:D

binka_nugget
07-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by CattleDogMom
You were still in High School last we talked!

And you just had Kai and he was still a pup!

So are you working? In college? Traveling???

I'm STILL in college. It's going alot slower than I had thought, but I'll get there. It's so hard with working full time...I'm active duty right now, the kids and being the only parent here right now.

If things go right, I'll be able to start the Vet Tech Program in February. After I finish that I will have my A.S. degree and be eligable to take the test for RVT. And if I get deployed, they will hold my spot open for me.:cool:

Wow. You're one busy mom! The Vet Tech program sounds exciting!

I'm working in a busy movie theatre now. Not a glamorous job but it pays well enough for now and I have a blast a work.

No college plans just yet. I have my eye on a couple dog training programs though. I'd really like to open up my own dog training, daycare and grooming business. :D

CattleDogMom
07-30-2005, 11:53 PM
OOoooOOOoooOOOoo!

That would be a great business to have!