PDA

View Full Version : Yep! Two of Kelsey's orangies are girls ... WARNING: "southern exposure" ;)

kimlovescats
07-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Just as I had originally thought ... two of Kelsey's six orangies are indeed female! Don't you agree?;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/P1030551.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/P1030552.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/P1030550.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/P1030549.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/P1030548.jpg

sirrahbed
07-29-2005, 10:39 AM
I would not recognize kitty anatomy at this age:) But these babies are just adorable - orange of course always catches my eye.

furrykidsmother
07-29-2005, 10:45 AM
I am not an expert, but they certainly look like little girl kitties to me. They are just precious!

skneisel74
07-29-2005, 10:48 AM
Well they are girls if I have ever seen one. And oh how very purrfect. I love kittens with their big eyes taking in all the world around them. Absolutly adorable!!!

kittycats_delight
07-29-2005, 11:35 AM
They look like girlies to me too. :) Hello pretty ones. lots and lots of kitty cuddles my beauties. :D

finn's mom
07-29-2005, 11:45 AM
Isn't it unusual for orangies to be girls? I've heard that they are usually boys....they're beautiful little kittens!

edited: ok, oops, i just read the other thread about the litter. ;)

smokey the elder
07-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Cute! (Oh, no, kitten purrno!:p ;) )

catnapper
07-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Awww... sweet little girlies! Out of all that orangie, a few were boung to be girls!

JenBKR
07-29-2005, 12:15 PM
They are so cute! I would have to say they are girls

kuhio98
07-29-2005, 01:21 PM
Bwwwwwwwwahahaha! I love it! "Southern Exposure"... :D :D

I take your word for it. You are a "kitty sex" expert. Me? Well, I called my kitty Tom for about 2 years until SHE had kittens. So, I'm no help.

sirrahbed
07-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by kuhio98
Well, I called my kitty Tom for about 2 years until SHE had kittens.
Lisa you cracked me up with THIS comment:D :D

Barbara
07-29-2005, 01:35 PM
Ok I think N1 could still be a boy:)

I know a cat who lived as Donna for a year before he became Don;)

catmandu
07-29-2005, 01:51 PM
THOSE TWO LITTLE MICHELLES,ARE SO SWEET,AND I WOULD SAY,THAT THAT IS PRETTY RARE,TO HAVE TWO GIRL ORANGIES,IN A LITTER,AS GIRL ORANGIES,I THOUGHT,WERE AS SCARCE,AS HENS TEETH,UNTIL,I SAW ALL,THE LADY ORANGIES,THAT HAVE BEEN,ON CAT GENERAL,THIS YEAR ,ALONE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1084.jpg

WELCOME BACK,KIM.

jenluckenbach
07-29-2005, 01:52 PM
2 girls.... (assuming those are two DIFFERENTbutts! LOL)

kimlovescats
07-29-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
2 girls.... (assuming those are two DIFFERENTbutts! LOL)

Ok Miss Smarypants ... let's see YOU hold up two little wiggly kitten tails and take a clear shot at the same time!!!:eek: :p
They are most definitely two different booties!:D

LaRana
07-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by kuhio98
Bwwwwwwwwahahaha! I love it! "Southern Exposure"... :D :D

I take your word for it. You are a "kitty sex" expert. Me? Well, I called my kitty Tom for about 2 years until SHE had kittens. So, I'm no help.

My cousin took her cat in for neutering & the vet called them in and informed her that that "Oliver" was in fact an "Olivia" and would need spaying, not neutering. She felt like an idiot, especially since she had cats before. :)

LeahMM
07-29-2005, 03:16 PM
I hate to burst your bubble but judging by the pictures they may very well be males.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/972/genderimg3lv.gif

kimlovescats
07-29-2005, 03:35 PM
I have no bubble to burst ... just 100 or more fosters having come through. I've seen a few kitten booties!;) Maybe I'll take a few male bootie shots ... if no one is offended?:p

kimlovescats
07-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Okie Dokie ... I went back for further observation .... LOL!

Here is the "girl" kitty behind:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/GirlKittenAnatomy1.jpg

Here is the "boy" kitty behind:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/BoyKittenAnatomy.jpg

Now, while I might still be wrong .... I would be pretty safe saying the first one is a girl ... unless "he" is a little undernourished at this point!:eek: :p

What do you all think?;) :D

sirrahbed
07-29-2005, 04:02 PM
heehee - I don't know a thing about kitty booties but THIS is educational. OK I took a CLOSE look and #2 does have more equipment than the #1 has:D Very...uhm...boy looking.

SHEESH - the things I learn on PT:D

LeahMM
07-29-2005, 04:05 PM
#2 is definately a boy. Congrats on your new kitties.:D

jazzcat
07-29-2005, 04:07 PM
ROFLOL!!!! I've never seen such! Honestly, I've never seen kitten "southern exposure". Okay, coming from someone who has never seen this before I say you probably have at least one girl there. A little Scout JR! AWWWW, I want another little orange girl!

***That doesn't mean anything Kim. I'm just rambling so don't start sending me adorable orange kitty pictures, Richard would kill us both!***

kimlovescats
07-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by LeahMM
#2 is definately a boy. Congrats on your new kitties.:D

Thank you ... but they're only mine to love for a while .... want one or two or three of them?:eek: :D

jenluckenbach
07-29-2005, 04:11 PM
I hate to burst ALL your bubbles, but I will pay $1000 if girl #2 (pictured on the first page) turns out to be a boy (or girl #1 for that matter). What you are seing as his "equipment" are his anal sacks. A boy's testicles would NOT be showing at this age.

Now go ahead and name those little ladies! :D

kimlovescats
07-29-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
ROFLOL!!!! I've never seen such! Honestly, I've never seen kitten "southern exposure". Okay, coming from someone who has never seen this before I say you probably have at least one girl there. A little Scout JR! AWWWW, I want another little orange girl!

***That doesn't mean anything Kim. I'm just rambling so don't start sending me adorable orange kitty pictures, Richard would kill us both!***

I know ... I wouldn't lay bets or anything ... one of those two might still be packing some ammo somewhere!:p I do think it is highly doubtful though! LOL!

Awww, Lori ... you take all my fun away!!!! :D

kimlovescats
07-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I hate to burst ALL your bubbles, but I will pay $1000 if number 2 turns out to be a boy (or number 1 for that matter). What you are seing as his "equipment" are his anal sacks. A boy's testicles would NOT be showing at this age.

Now go ahead and name those little ladies! :D

Ok... Now I'm confused... haha! You mean the first posting of pics as #1 and #2 ... right? So ... you still think they are both girls???

But you are saying, although we feel sure on the second SET of photos, that the 2nd picture is "definitely" a boy with Equipment ... that technically his equipment is not equipment after all? LOL LOL LOL> Anyone else lost now!!! :p

kimlovescats
07-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Ok... Now I'm confused... haha! You mean the first posting of pics as #1 and #2 ... right? So ... you still think they are both girls???

But you are saying, although we feel sure on the second SET of photos, that the 2nd picture is "definitely" a boy with Equipment ... that technically his equipment is not equipment after all? LOL LOL LOL> Anyone else lost now!!! :p

OK ... now I think I am understanding ... Jen, I don't think you have seen the SECOND SET of pics? Right? LOL

jenluckenbach
07-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats

OK, now I am lost. ROTFLOL

I edited my post above. I meant girl #! and girl #2 on the first page.

Now, was the boy pictured on this page actually one of those two original cats from page 1? Or was that another kitten to show what a boy looks like? [this is what I was assuming]

kimlovescats
07-29-2005, 04:24 PM
ROFLOL!!! I took two new pics to compare the anatomy of what I believed to be a female and a male! LOL!!!! I think the whole world is probably confused now!!!! :D :D :D

jenluckenbach
07-29-2005, 04:30 PM
I demand you go take a recount!!! :D somewhere in that pile of orangies there HAS to be a second little girl.

By the way, I haven't laughed this hard (at myself) in ages. LOL

kimlovescats
07-29-2005, 04:39 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! :D Forgive us everyone, while Jen and I get on the same page .... this could take a while ... ROFLOL!!!

There were and still are "believed to be" 2 GIRLS!
I went back and picked a "girl" sample, and a "boy" sample, later to have a kitty anatomy 101 lesson ....
Now, God willing, we are right on this ... and now all of PT knows how to sex a kitten, right?:D

jenluckenbach
07-29-2005, 04:45 PM
ROTFLMBO

There were and still are "believed to be" 2 GIRLS! went back and picked a "girl" sample, and a "boy" sample, later to have a kitty anatomy 101 lesson

YES! whew! That is what I thought.

OK. I meant that girl number 1 from the first page is a girl and girl number 2 from the first page is a girl and I'd pay large sums of money for someone to prove me otherwise.

LeahMM.......now what did YOU mean????? (LOL) :rolleyes:

#2 is definately a boy
I thought you meant #2 from the first page. :o

So, now that we all know that my mind is lost, could we all go out and find it??? hee hee

kimlovescats
07-29-2005, 04:53 PM
That's ok, Jen ... I needed a good laugh today! :D
Now ... who here wants to try and identify these six orangies, regardless of what sex they are, when they all start running all over the place??? You think people think I'm crazy NOW????:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

kuhio98
07-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Lisa you cracked me up with THIS comment:D :D

Deb ~ I was 9 when Tom/Tomasina came into my life. So, I can cut myself some slack. But, until these "Southern Exposure" pictures (that term keeps cracking me up), I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference.

I'm gonna call my boss (Sara) in Anchorage. A few months ago she told me she was on the lookout for an orangie female. They seem to be pretty rare around these parts. I'll let you know if she's still looking. Though, how we'd get one to Alaska...

DogLover9501
07-29-2005, 05:20 PM
This thread has cracked me up!

I know nothing at all about sexing kittens and I'm still confused, so I won't even guess :p

Originally posted by sirrahbed
SHEESH - the things I learn on PT:D

LOL My thoughts exactly!

rg_girlca
07-29-2005, 11:33 PM
I just love these 101 Lessons.

Those babies are so darn adorable. I usually have a soft spot for brown tabbies, but seeing all these orangies MAKES ME WANT ONE!!!!!!!

(OOOOPPPPPSSSSS. Did I say that out loud. Mustn't let hubby hear that.)

krazyaboutkatz
07-30-2005, 01:24 AM
LOL This thread sure is funny.:D No matter what sex they are, they sure are cutie pies.:) My Starr is a doublecrypt orchid so he also kind of looks like he's a female even though he isn't.;)