PDA

View Full Version : question about advantix

caseysmom
07-29-2005, 09:26 AM
I have a question about advantix. I just bought a one month supply for bubba and casey because we are going camping.

I am a little worried about casey because she gets sick easy, has anyone's dog gotten sick from this? The last time we went camping at the ocean both dogs came home with a few ticks so I am trying to avoid this.

Bubba has had advantix once and had no problem.

ParNone
07-29-2005, 09:39 AM
Hi Caseysmom!

I never try anything new on the dogs, while out camping, because you never know what their reaction might be.

I would put any flea/tick prevention on a few days before we leave, so if there's going to be problems, it'll be while we're still at home.

Par...

caseysmom
07-29-2005, 09:41 AM
Well we are leaving today...I should have done it yesterday or wednesday but I wanted to give them baths first. I think I will just take the tweezers:D

Lexi_Lover
07-29-2005, 09:42 AM
Could you put flea collars on them, just while you're up there? :confused:

lv4dogs
07-29-2005, 10:37 AM
Advantix can not be used on cats so be careful not to get any on them.
IF I remember correctly when it first cam out most vets reccomended not to even use it in a home where there is cats but I THINK that they now say it is safe to use in a home with cats as long as the cats don't come into contact with it while it is wet. BUT I'm not certain but I really think that is what I heard.

caseysmom
07-29-2005, 12:05 PM
Well there are no cats in our house so thats not a problem.

Chica
07-29-2005, 10:45 PM
I use Advantix on Chica. It doesn't bother her one bit! I want to keep her safe from mosquitos, tics, and flees.:)

K9karen
07-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Nope.. haven't had any problems with Logan. I just have to remind myself to do it early morning outside before she romps around on my bed. It's a little stinky and she fights me when I put it on. But then, she hates being wet anyway.