PDA

View Full Version : Movie critics please............

carole
07-29-2005, 05:40 AM
I just checked my email and found I had won a double movie pass to see Cinderella Man, as it is our wedding anniversary next week, thought we would go to the advance screening on the sunday, just wondered what anyone thought of this movie, now don't tell me too much about it, I have read what it is about, but would love some PTer's opinions on whether it is good or not, please rate it on a 1 to ten basis, ten being the best of course, thanks in advance.:)

finn's mom
07-29-2005, 05:42 AM
I've heard it is excellent. That it is a good heartfelt kinda movie. I haven't seen it, yet, although I really want to. I've heard that it would make me cry. :)

carole
07-29-2005, 05:48 AM
OK Well I gotta wait until sunday august the 7th, a special screening, so will let you know all about it.:)
Did you see The Interpretor?

finn's mom
07-29-2005, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by carole
Did you see The Interpretor?

Not yet. I've never been a fan of Nicole Kidman's, but, I really enjoy Sean Penn. So, I'm going to check it out at some point. But, it wasn't one I needed to see right away. ;) Have you?

elizabethann
07-29-2005, 07:50 AM
I heard Cinderella Man was a very good movie. It's got rave reviews (especially for Russell Crowe). I want to see it when it comes out!

I saw The Interperter and thought it was a very good movie.

I want to see March of the Penguins and Must Love Dogs this weekend. I wanted to see Stealth but it appears it didn't get good reviews (but neither did Must Love Dogs).

:)

sirrahbed
07-29-2005, 08:57 AM
I have not seen Cinderella Man but the reviews make it sound like the perfect anniversary movie. How nice to see a special screening:)

carole
07-29-2005, 10:25 PM
Like you Kari I love sean penn as well, and also am not particularly fond of Nicole, Sean did not let me down in this movie either, and Nicole actually kept her clothes on lol, I quite enjoyed the movie, saw it on video here at home, I thought it was pretty good.:)

K9karen
07-29-2005, 11:37 PM
Carole, I haven't seen Cinderella Man, but my brother said it was one of the best movies he's seen! Enjoy it! Happy Anniversary!

finn's mom
07-30-2005, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by carole
I thought it was pretty good.:)

That's what I keep hearing. I'm sure I'll see it, sooner or later. ;)

carole
07-31-2005, 09:40 PM
I am just a bit worried I might not like the movie, as it is about boxing, and I am NOT a sports fan, of course I realise it is much more than just that, but those parts might bore me, oh well its a freebie and an evening out, something we are much in need of, we are going to head of to the hot spas in Te Aroha and then have a cheapie meal out and off to the movies.