PDA

View Full Version : It's A Small World After All

Edwina's Secretary
02-25-2002, 03:38 PM
Now, if everyone has that annoying song firmly in mind.....

I found out that the cat of one of my co-workers was CAT OF THE DAY! On December 18, 2001. His name is Tigger. What a small world!

(Tigger's person works out of her home in New Jersey so I see her maybe two or three times a year when she comes to HQ.)

Freckles
02-25-2002, 03:53 PM
That's great, but I'm curious how you discovered this PetTalk connection in the business environment. Is Tigger's person a PetTalker, too?

tatsxxx11
02-25-2002, 04:27 PM
Oh I have to go check him out!!

tatsxxx11
02-25-2002, 04:29 PM
Here's Tigger!!

http://catoftheday.com/archive/2001/December/18.jpg

tatsxxx11
02-25-2002, 04:43 PM
Oh, Edwina....I could scream! Now, I can't get that SONG out of my head!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Edwina's Secretary
02-25-2002, 04:52 PM
Freckles - I have a color printout of Edwina as COTD on my wall so anyone who comes by me knows about her. A co-worker who also has cats and has met Edwina was talking with Tigger's person who told her.....in other words...GRAPEVINE! She was in the office so when I found out and went over and we had a long conversation about our respective kitties. I asked, but no, she doesn't Pettalk!

Tats - sorry about that :D :D :D

Logan
02-25-2002, 05:04 PM
I especially remember him because he looks so much like the Tigger I had when I was growing up. Big ole orange cats!! Gotta love them!!!

This is a small world, isn't it? I think it is so neat that you found that little thing in common with someone in your company! Ok.....change the song now...."the wonderful thing about Tiggers, is Tiggers are wonderful things....their tops are made out of rubber, their bottoms are made out of springs...they're bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun......" Remember that one??? LOL!! :D

TheAntiPam
02-25-2002, 07:26 PM
It's a smalllll smallllll worldddddddd...

Almost 20 years ago, a friend and I went to Disneyland and got stuck on the "Small World" ride for 45 minutes. We were nearly insane by the time the ordeal was over...

The ride consists of large rowboats which float around a manmade canal. As you pass various scenes, the languages and costumes of many lands are displayed. And the song plays, over and over and over and over and.....

The boat ahead of ours got off the underwater track which moves the boats along. Our boat bumped into the first boat. Then another boat. Then another. Finally we had 12 boats in a line, all stuck because of the first boat.

The canal was too wide to reach from the boats. At last, a child in one of the boats jumped out and onto a platform, setting off a motion detector alarm. Security officers came out of the walls, and were very upset at the child.

When we explained how we all got stuck, they eventually pushed the first boat to get it started on track again. And, we all moved along and back to safe dry land.

After all these years, I think this scene would be the perfect start to a horror movie - They went in, but no one ever came out.....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

wolflady
02-25-2002, 08:44 PM
Oh, it is such a small world sometimes! LOL LOL You couldn't imagine my surprise when I discovered that AmberLee only worked about a block away from me!!! :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Freckles - I have a color printout of Edwina as COTD on my wall so anyone who comes by me knows about her....

Marius here....Color printout...color printout??? I would jus love a color printout of my little cat nip blossom signed by that velvet paw I long for!! =^..^=

gini
02-26-2002, 12:32 AM
I don't have a digital camera or a scanner (yet), but when I saw Tigger in December I about fainted.

Rascal looks EXACTLY like Tigger, right down to the nick in his ear.

Wish I could get a picture side by side with Tigger and then you could see the resemblance.

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I absolutely cannot stand the song "It's a Small World." I can't stand the song, the ride, the little dolls (no imagination, all identical, but in different costumes) and the worst part I recall is at the end of the ride there is a HUGE sign that says BROUGHT TO YOU BY BANK OF AMERICA!

About five years ago, my stepmother passed away and my younger brother was the executor of her will. He came to me and very very seriously said that he had found something that he thought I should have in his Mother's things. He said he just knew that it would mean a lot to me and I would treasure it.

Out of a bag he pulls a phonograph album.

IT'S A SMALL WORLD - THE ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK.

wolflady
02-26-2002, 12:01 PM
Gini, LOL LOL This gave me a smile this morning! I can only imagine the look on your face when the album was presented...:eek:

Originally posted by gini

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I absolutely cannot stand the song "It's a Small World." I can't stand the song, the ride, the little dolls (no imagination, all identical, but in different costumes) and the worst part I recall is at the end of the ride there is a HUGE sign that says BROUGHT TO YOU BY BANK OF AMERICA!

About five years ago, my stepmother passed away and my younger brother was the executor of her will. He came to me and very very seriously said that he had found something that he thought I should have in his Mother's things. He said he just knew that it would mean a lot to me and I would treasure it.

Out of a bag he pulls a phonograph album.

IT'S A SMALL WORLD - THE ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK.

fairlady68
02-28-2002, 11:16 PM
I loved that sweet picture of Tigger with his little arms folded in and "resting on his brisket." Cats are so adorable when they sit in that position ...