PDA

View Full Version : Kitten Saved At Work Today

K & L
07-28-2005, 06:40 PM
A gentleman came in to me and said he found a kitten that fell through the grating and was hanging by it's neck. He got it and put it in a box. I ran over there and it was about a week old at the most! We went and bought KMR, bottles, etc. and one of the night shift ladies took it home! Another saved kitten. It was adorable (but aren't they all)!!!

momcat
07-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Bless that wonderful gentleman for getting the baby out of the grate, bless the woman who took the baby in, and bless you for helping it all happen! Another PT happy ending!!!!!

Karen
07-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Awwww! We love happy endings! Silly kitty, and hooray for all its saviors!

K & L
07-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Awwww! We love happy endings! Silly kitty, and hooray for all its saviors!

It appeared mom cat may have been moving these kittens and dropped this baby. It fell through the grating but it's head wouldn't go through. I don't think mom cat could retrieve it. We kept it there for a while (not in the grating but a box) to see if she would return, but she didn't. Being so young we couldn't leave it long without food and warmth.

catnapper
07-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Poor little thing. Good thing it was found and rescued!

catmandu
07-28-2005, 08:09 PM
THAT WAS GOOD,OF THAT FELLOW,TO GET THAT KITTEN,INTO GOOD HANDS,AND WE PRAY,THAT THAT KITTEN,WIL HAVE,THE OPPURTUNITY,TO GROW,INTO A WONDERFUL CAT.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture591.jpg

kimlovescats
07-28-2005, 08:12 PM
What a close call ... poor momcat must have tried frantically to free her baby ... how sad. Thank GOD for you and the man who saved this baby though.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-29-2005, 09:15 AM
What, no pictures? ;) :D

Sounds like you've really had your hands full lately, but it sounds like kitty found a wonderful home! There's no way the night shift lady is ever going to be able to give him up after bottle feeding the poor little tyke. :D

Pawsitive Thinking
07-29-2005, 09:24 AM
A gentleman indeed - piccies needed (kitty not him)

K & L
07-29-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
What, no pictures? ;) :D

Sounds like you've really had your hands full lately, but it sounds like kitty found a wonderful home! There's no way the night shift lady is ever going to be able to give him up after bottle feeding the poor little tyke. :D

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera here with me so I wasn't able to get a picture. I'm going to check again today to see how the kitten is doing. YES, my hands have been full and I'm pretty stressed. With my Dad passing and all it just hasn't been a very good month for me.

sandragonfly
08-16-2005, 10:33 PM
gee, how amazing when right place at right time just happens! glad someone could rescue him!

how's he doing so far if you have seen/heard him? he's so adorable!! looks like dante when dante was at that age. :)

how many cats/kittens total do you have now? (except pearl) :D

lvpets2002
08-17-2005, 04:36 PM
;) oh how good for the saving of the poor little baby - good job

catfamily
08-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Oh My God!! My heart dropped when I read hanging by it's neck.Poor little things can get hurt so easy.Thanks to the nice man and you for saving the poor little baby :) :)

Lightning SuperCat
08-18-2005, 12:43 PM
ohhh, that is so sad!! poor kitty!! I wonder what he was looking for down there, maybe lost fishies? :p I was all worried when you said it was stuck by the neck, I was all worried it was hurt! I am glad that it was rescued, and I hope that they find a good owner soon! :D