PDA

View Full Version : How to get a good picture?

nsweezie
02-25-2002, 01:12 PM
My kitty Clyde just hates having his picture taken. I don't think that we have one good shot of him, he is either hiding, or won't look at the camera, or if he is looking he has a petrified expression.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a nice photo?
I have pictures of Scooter everywhere, as he loves to be photographed, but I would like some of Clyde too.
Louise

Logan
02-25-2002, 02:35 PM
Louise, what sized camera are you using? Perhaps if you don't have a small one that you can conceal until right when you're ready to snap, you might try a little disposable one. That way you could keep it in your pocket until you're ready to get that picture.

Poor boy....mine are such hams that they don't even flinch when I get out the BIG camera!! I ought to keep a disposable one in each room of the house though to catch those perfect shots that always get ruined when I have to dig out the camera bag, etc. I've seen it done at wedding receptions, a camera on every table, maybe we should do the same thing in our homes!!! :D

Former User
02-25-2002, 03:19 PM
Have you let your cat sniff the camera? And show him that the camera isn't anything to be afraid of.
I've taken tonz of pics from Casper and Kitty, now they don't pay any attention to the camera. Maybe you should just keep taking pics all the time (of course if you don't have a digital camera, then it's going to be expensive :rolleyes: )

Gio
02-26-2002, 03:34 AM
if you don't have a digital camera, then it's going to be expensive

Don't I know it! :D I usually take TONS of picture hoping to get at least a few good ones! You can'timagine how many "backside views" or half cats, or pics of cats that look like demons I have collected over the years:D

And some are just easier to photograph than others (in my case it's often strays or other people's!)

Good luck, and remember that we want to see the results.

Randi
02-26-2002, 09:54 AM
We're lucky to have a digital camera, so we can delete the bad ones and Fister doesn't mind at all. He's not the least bit afraid of the camera. We try to get him in the right light and the right positions. John loves to take pictures when he's washing, he can look really funny with one paw sticking out and sometimes seem to have forgotten what he was doing - staring into space! :rolleyes:

I think it's a good idea to let him sniff the camera and let him get used to it.

Good luck with it!! :) Let's see him when you succeed!

wolflady
02-26-2002, 11:38 AM
I tell ya, digital cameras are great!! I'm desperately in need of one since my trusty ol' 35mm broke recently:( My hubby brought home a digital camera from his office a couple of weekends ago, and even though it's an older one...it took quite good pictures!
http://www.photogra.com/galleries/35928/curr/6498739_20020221_121948_20020221121948.jpg

The nice thing about digital cameras is you can delete any photos that didn't come out so good, like Randi said...and keep snapping until you get a good one!!!! Good luck and be sure to post the results!! LOL :D

Former User
02-26-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Randi
he can look really funny with one paw sticking out and sometimes seem to have forgotten what he was doing - staring into space! :rolleyes:

LOL, Casper and Kitty do that sometimes too, they look really goofy then :D :D :D