PDA

View Full Version : Sms.ac

petslover
07-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Is anyone on this website? Its where you can send text messages to anyone on your phone.. My friend just invited me to it, but I don't know. It says something about sending charges to your mobile phone. I don't want to sign up and my bill be outrageous.

Does anyone know about this site?

DJFyrewolf36
07-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Most phone companies charge per text message unless you have it included on your plan. I know Cingular charges $0.10 per message. It can add up real quick!!

Also, with most of those sites, they end up charging a monthly subscription charge on top of everything. Be careful and read the fine print!

petslover
07-28-2005, 02:39 PM
yeah I have text messaging package on my phone. I was wondering if sms.ac website makes it more expensive? because I would like to join it if it only charges for messages, but I don't want to sign up for it and get my bill in and its outrageous haha.

DJFyrewolf36
07-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Like I said before...(you posted while I was editing hehe) sometimes those sites can nail you for hidden charges for a subscription, plus the phone company can hit you for some other extra garbage too. I'd just read the fine print and be careful to make sure what exactly you're signing up for.

petslover
07-28-2005, 02:44 PM
Yeah, sorry i didn't see it. haha

but yeah, I don't think I'm going to do it. Just sounds to fishy. haha!

I get 50 text messages a month for 2.99 with cingular, but I don't trust this website. unless someone else tells me otherwise. haha!

Lobodeb
07-28-2005, 02:51 PM
I would strongly advise against it. My hubby and I joined it because he had family that was on it from out of the country. They have a very small group of people on it and they publicly display your profile so people are CONSTANTLY asking you to be their buddy. I'm not sure if they charge since my phone is paid for by my work.

No one besides my hubby that I knew was on it. It was a waste of time. I hated getting the stupid requests of people asking to be my pal. They offered no way to make my profile private, either.

petslover
07-28-2005, 02:56 PM
oh okay! sounds like a waste of time then.

Thanks for responding. so I wouldn't get into something I didn't want. haha