PDA

View Full Version : My ring came today . . .

christa
07-28-2005, 01:45 PM
I got my ring today . . . I ordered a silver band to wear as a thumb ring from freejewelryclub.com.

All I can say is . . . I see why they're giving this stuff away for free! It wasn't even worth the 6 bucks shipping!

First of all, I can hardly believe it's sterling. It's really dark to be sterling silver. Then, it's all scratched up . . . and the edge is really rough & jagged . . . almost looks like where they broke it from a mold.

It really sucks.

Oh well, guess that's just my luck.

My mom always said, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is!

Karen
07-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Huh, the stuff I ordered from there was much nicer than I thought it would be ...

Try polishing it?

Is it stamped .925?

Kfamr
07-28-2005, 01:56 PM
I was really looking into buying something for my mom, but after seeing this and the fact that (I believe Staci's?) the stone in one of the rings fell out, i'm not too sure anymore.

I wonder if it's just the rings?

ramanth
07-28-2005, 02:06 PM
How odd! I'm really happy with the ring I ordered.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/misc%20images/IMG_5739.jpg

The prongs appear to be intact. Of course over time, any ring prong will wear down, hence taking it to a jeweler to be checked.

moosmom
07-28-2005, 02:08 PM
I ordered 2 pendants and haven't gotten them yet. I like Kimmy's ring alot. I guess I'll just wait and see when I get them.

finn's mom
07-28-2005, 02:09 PM
That sucks! My ring is perfect. It's exactly like one I had before, that I know cost over $35. It's smooth, bright, comfortable, and, definitely sterling silver. I'm really sorry that your ring wasn't a nice one. :(

ramanth
07-28-2005, 02:11 PM
I suggest sending them an email via the card that comes with the jewelry. Perhaps they'll reimburse, let you pick something else, or replace it?

sirrahbed
07-28-2005, 02:20 PM
sorry to read that Christa - I have ordered and received one ring and it really is pretty and looks great. It is similar to Kimmie's. I have been watching the black and silver thumb-type rings and hoping to get one in a smaller size. I wonder if the etched jewlery is not as nice??

christa
07-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
I wonder if the etched jewlery is not as nice??

It's not etched . . . just a silver band. :eek:

PJ's Mom
07-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Like this one? (bad picture coming. :p )

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b223/meiglan/IMG_0020.jpg

I got mine and it was very shiny and pretty. It's scratched now because I'm really rough with my rings. :o

dukedogsmom
07-28-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm really happy with my pendant. It's very nice and is even prettier than I expected. Sorry yours is messed up. I would just email them and see what they say.

anna_66
07-28-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm really sorry to hear the quality of the ring you received was bad. The two pieces I got last week were great!

If I were you I'd definately let them know and tell them you want a replacement.

shais_mom
07-29-2005, 12:34 AM
yup it was me that the stone fell out.
I LOVE THE pendants and necklaces.
I have one of the oxidized bands and the oxidation is already coming off.

Kay
I would stick with the pendants and/earrings rather then a ring.