PDA

View Full Version : Baby Shower Games

animal_rescue
07-28-2005, 01:03 PM
My mom is throwing her friend a baby shower and I was wondering if you guys would know of any games to play?

luvofallhorses
07-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Well what I did at my best friend's baby shower is you write down the baby's name on an index card or a small piece of paper and make words out of the baby's name in a certain time.

Another thing we did is see how many paper clips you can get out of a bowl of rice without looking, also timed.

and the last thing we did was someone stands behind you with a bowl and you get cotton balls out with a spoon without looking and also timed.

These were pretty fun games to me anyways and another game was you had closepins(you get 5) and you have to keep your legs uncrossed at the whole baby shower and if someone sees you cross your legs, they get one of your closepins.

Sirrahsim
07-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by luvofallhorses
These were pretty fun games to me anyways and another game was you had closepins(you get 5) and you have to keep your legs uncrossed at the whole baby shower and if someone sees you cross your legs, they get one of your closepins.

Along those same lines but you lose the clothespins/necklaces/whatever if you say "Baby".
I lost in about 5 minutes at my last baby shower:rolleyes: :D :D

luvofallhorses
07-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Don't feel bad I lost mine in 10 mins :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
07-28-2005, 01:26 PM
I went to a baby shower last Saturday. Games played including....a selection of baby food with the labels removed. Person who guessed the most correctly won. Ribbon. You cut a piece that you think corresponds to the size of the mother's belly. Closest wins.

I did not win anything....:( :rolleyes: :(

luvofallhorses
07-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Oh another one is they had is you get one close look at the babies needs(pacifiers, thermometer(spelling?), diaper creme, etc.) and you have a minute or more to write down what you saw.

joanofark
07-28-2005, 01:42 PM
We usually have a bottle filled with M&M's and everyone over the age 12 has to geuss how many there are. Once you have everyones numbers you count how many M&M's are in the bottle (or you can do it before;) and whoever is the closest gets a prize (usually lotion, bubble bath, ect.):)

:)

Lobodeb
07-28-2005, 01:54 PM
One of the games that my mom and I are talking about for my shower is called "The Dirty Diaper Game." What we're going to do is melt 5 different mini candy bars in their own diaper and have people guess what kind of candy bar it is. Another game we're gonna play is called "My water broke." We're going to freeze little plastic babies in ice cubes. Each guest will get an ice cube and a drink of their choice. The first person's baby to melt completely out of the ice wins because their water broke.

There are also some really cute paper type games at babyshowerjunction.com. They're downloadable for $4.95 (I think) and you can print as many as you like.

Karen
07-28-2005, 01:56 PM
The last baby shower I was at, the sister who threw the shower asked the new momma Amy a series of questions, fill-in-the-blanks. We all got handed a sheet with the questions, and has to put what we thought her answers would be. Everything from questions about her childhood to what she was feeling then, to momhood questions. Whoever got the most answers right, won. It was fun, and we all learned a bit more about Amy, too!

Quizzes based on children's stories and games ...

Who can list the most lullabies, or who knows all the exact words for a common lullaby

chrangharris
07-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Another fun games is for people to guess how big around the Momma to be is (either by inches or cutting a string). You then measure the belly and the closest to being right wins!

You can also do gift bingo. Give everyone a bingo card and have them fill in what gifts they think she is going to get that day. As she is opening presents, people can play bingo. The first few to get bingo wins. It is fun because you are doing something else while the presents are being opened!

animal_rescue
07-28-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks everyone! We're going to use some of those!