PDA

View Full Version : Kimlovescats NEEDS you NOW !!!

jenluckenbach
07-28-2005, 05:17 AM
Kim needs all the words of love, comfort and support that you can spare right now. She is in a depressive episode. And please believe me when I say that does NOT mean she is just sad......it means she is at the end of her rope. I have been there. A person in this state can not believe any good about themself. Everything is their fault in their mind. and they believe with all their heart that no one cares. Crying is simply a way of life right now and most of the time you don't even know why. You remember ALL the bad things from your past and they haunt you and you dig an even deeper hole of depression.

So everyone who knew Kim, please embrace her, pray for her, and mostly support her like you once supported me when I was so far down that I could not see the light.

jenluckenbach
07-28-2005, 05:24 AM
{{{{{KIM}}}}}

You are a good and kind person. You help the helpless without concern for yourself. You care for your family and friends to the point of leaving nothing left for yourself. You never purposely hurt another person with yout thoughts or words. The fact that some people interpret your words to mean something evil does not make it the truth. There will always be people ready to pick a fight or twist your thoughts into what they were not meant to say. You must blow them off as ignorant.

A severe depressive episode is a hard thing to get out of, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. And I for one will be right there beside you through the entire trip.

I know that you are having problems getting in to see your doctor, but once you do the process of healing can really begin. You need to just TRY to believe that you will be OK and will not always feel the way you do right now.

With ALL my love and prayers, PLEASE know that you are important and special.

catlady1945
07-28-2005, 05:26 AM

Pawsitive Thinking
07-28-2005, 05:32 AM
Dear Kim - I've been almost to where you are now. Please believe it does get better and it will for you too. You obviously have a very good friend who cares a lot about you so get medical help, take each day as it comes, try not to dwell on anything and most of all try to focus on what you have that is good right now - the love and support of your PT friends for starters! Take care sweetie xx

Logan
07-28-2005, 06:36 AM
Kim, as I have said to you before, there is so much good in you that has shown through, constantly, to all of us who have followed your good works with the cats, and with our fellow Pet Talkers. I think each and every one of us would only wish for happiness and peace to come over you. Please hang in there and know you are loved by so many.

Logan

Barbara
07-28-2005, 07:15 AM
Kim you are a wonderful loving and caring person. I wish you would come back here.

Kim we love you!!!!!

And how sweet of Jen to start this thread.:)

Christiansmommy
07-28-2005, 07:25 AM
Kim...please know that you will be in my prayers. I promise! Our God above hears your cries and it pains Him to see you so sad as well..."Cast all of your cares on Him, for He cares for you." Please keep that verse close to heart. I know it is hard to believe, and sometimes easier said than done, BUT...God won't let you carry a cross/burden that is too hard for you to handle. With Christ all things are possible...I believe that whole heartedly. I know when I get upset and am down, I sometimes turn on Christian music and the lyrics just seem to speak to me at the most opportune time...something that can only be orchestrated by Christ. Things WILL look up for you!!

(((HUGS)))

Robyn

christa
07-28-2005, 07:28 AM
Thank you Jen for starting this thread. Kim needs to *see* that we all love & support her.

Kim . . . I know you're going through a lot right now. It's not fair that you have to go through this. You're such a kind and compassionate person . . . You've done so much good in this world . . . You only deserve happiness & the best.

Love you Kim! Get to feeling better! Praying for you every day!

{{{hugs}}}

Karen
07-28-2005, 07:35 AM
Depression is an awful, horrible disease.
You, on the other hand, are a wonderful, caring person.
All the love you have given to all the kitties of the world is being reflected back at you right now. Maybe it, with sharp kitten teeth and wiley old cat persistence, chip away at that awful barrier called depression until rays of sunshine and love find you.

Remember that you are very special to us, to that precious grandbaby of yours and to so many people, whose homes are now graced by cats that you helped rescue. That is such a gift, and it keeps giving those homes love and laughter year after year.

See what great things you do in this world?

sirrahbed
07-28-2005, 07:50 AM
Jen - you ARE a friend and a sweetheart for starting this thread for Kim. I hope that this thread will stay active so that Kim can read it when she wants to - and that the replies will be loving. Someone in a depressed state - a very deep state - can have trouble taking what we consider "advice" or the hard truth - so try not to advise OK?? Wellmeaning advice is just too hard to bear when a person is at a real low. But, I do know that sharing the truth - even if it means "I don't know what to say" - will be rememered and appreciated after the person is feeling well again. A deeply depressed person might even attack in their pain - like an animal that is frightened. Yes it is not "realistic" but it is at the that moment - to the person doing it.

edit: I deleted the "novella" part of my letter to Kim....it was very long anyway

Pam
07-28-2005, 08:10 AM
Kim, after reading Debbie's post I now feel so inadequate to even reply. I can see that she, having experienced some of the feelings that you are probably having, is in a much better place to respond. It is always helpful to hear from one who has *been there.* When I am distressed about something I, like Robyn, turn on Christian music. The words always speak to me and help get me *back on track.*

I can tell you that I miss your posts and miss seeing that little granddaughter of yours. You will be in my prayers Kim, and there are lots of people who do truly love and care about you. ((((hugs))))

Randi
07-28-2005, 08:24 AM
Kim, I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling down. :( I hope you'll get through this and feel good again very soon!

Hugs from me and headbumpies from Fister. :)

catmandu
07-28-2005, 08:29 AM
KIM,I DONTKNOW,IF YOU WILLCOME,ONTOTHIS WEBSITE,ANY MORE,BUT WE WILL EMAIL YOU,AFTERWE GET BACK,FROM RIBFEST,WHERE YOUR TUCKERMAN,IS A REGULAR.
YOU,ARE SUCH A GOOD PERSON,KIM,AND YOU HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE,WHO LOVE YU,AND CARE FOR YOU,PLEASE KNOW,THAT WE CARE.IF,IT HELPS,MOOSE WILL COME BY,WITH ABBY,AFTER THE PARTY,AND MEEEOOW,TO YOU.
WE LOVE YOU,KIM.

catnapper
07-28-2005, 09:08 AM
Kim, you are indeed a wonderful person who thinks of everyone first. You have gone above and beyond the call of duty numerous times in many things..... from sending surprise gift packages in the mail, to coordinating the "catmandu computer fund" in secrecy, to just doling out advice to desperate people looking for answers to their cat issues.

You know how to reach me if you want to talk about anything. Remember you ARE special and you ARE loved and you ARE important!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-28-2005, 09:08 AM
Kim, please know that we all love and care about you. We only want the best for you and we miss you here on PT. I will hope and pray that you make it through this quickly and with as little pain as possible.

{{{hugs}}}

K & L
07-28-2005, 09:11 AM
Hugs Kim! You know how I feel since we've been conversing. Hang in there...many out here love and care!

Maresche
07-28-2005, 09:19 AM
Kim-- You are a wonderful person who does such good in the world. You have truly made your mark and the world is so much better off for it. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

anna_66
07-28-2005, 09:51 AM
Kim I know we don't talk but I just wanted to let you know that I'm here for you if only in thoughts. Your such a big and wonderful part of PT I hate to hear that your feeling this way.

Many {{{HUGS}}}
Anna

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Dear Kimmie!! He he, I love to call you this way, cause you're such a sweet person!! You always have such nice comments, I am always rushing to your threads here! I wish I could do anything for you, to prove how much I care for you. I understand you want to stay away from here for a while, but please do NEVER forget that so many people here REALLY do care a lot for you! I DO !!!!

Debbie, thanks for your personal story; you're such a great loving friend too!!

furrykidsmother
07-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Kim, I have thought of you often and have visited your Website a few times too! You are a wonderful, loving and caring person. Please know how much we all love and care about you and miss you! You will be in my prayer.

Shady
07-28-2005, 10:30 AM
I dont know Kim, but would like to offer my thoughts and well wishes.

No person deserves to be held prisoner of their own minds, I've never known depression so severe personally but have a couple of friends that have. It's no picnic, and it's a very serious situation, NEVER to be taken lightly, and never to be added to by the thoughtless, and sometimes hurtful words of those who dont know, you can do more damage than good that way. It's all about understanding and compassion, from those of us who are not in Kim's position.

Kim, I hope for your full recovery and that the doctors can make that happen as soon as possible.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

shais_mom
07-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Sending lots of pawsitive thoughts and well wishes and prayers your way.

kittycats_delight
07-28-2005, 12:27 PM
{{{{KIM}}}}

I know I was only here a short time before you left but you were always the sweetest and kindest woman. You are going through a very tough time but sweetie believe me you are loved emensely. You have done sooo many wonderful things. You are an awewsome woman. You have helped so many wonderful kitties get loving homes and saved them from a miserable and probably very short existence. You need to remember you are very special to sooo many people and soooo many kitties too. And if you can't remember yourself then we will remind you.

Hang in there Kim. Fight tooth and nail for you as we will be doing for you too. We will lend all support we can with prayers and lots and lots of love. Be well Kim. We love you.

Michelle

moosmom
07-28-2005, 12:41 PM
Oh Kim,

You are a wonderful, kind, thoughtful person!! We love you so much. Please hang in there and post whenever you feel like venting. We're here for you!

Edwina's Secretary
07-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Kim,

I am thinking of you and send my very best wishes....

Sara

Lillycat
07-28-2005, 01:38 PM
you are in my thoughts......wishing the best for you.....lilly

prechrswife
07-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Kim, I don't really have words right now, but you are in my prayers. (((((Hugs)))))

Denyce
07-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Kim,
You have always been someone that I have looked up to on here. I am sorry that things are so heavy for you now. Please know that there are many people in this world that love the light you shine.

Denyce

JenWhite
07-28-2005, 02:20 PM
Hello Kim. I haven't had the chance to interact with you, or get to know you yet. You sound like a wonderful person, I am sending (((HUGS))) and lots of warm happy feelings to you. Hope to see you around soon ~

Jen

chrangharris
07-28-2005, 03:13 PM
Kim,

WE LOVE YOU!! You are a sweet, wonderful, loving, and faithful person! You have taught me so much about standing up for my beliefs- even if they are not popular! You have more courage then I do in my little finger! We love you and we are praying for you!!

Love,
Chris

Laura's Babies
07-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Gosh, I got tears in my eyes and my heart is also crying. Kim, I MISS you! Please know we are all pulling for you, that you are loved, cared for and you do have a lot of worth, to a lot of people. May God lay his healing hands on you and heal you, I will be praying for you girl!! Laura

Rachel
07-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Kim, you are a sweetheart and you must now be the caretaker of you. There are far too few people in this world as good as you. Please realize how much you mean to the people on the board. That didn't just happen. You generated those positive feelings. Please strive to find those things that will help you find the joy of living once again. Little things sometimes can add up to a meaningful measure of improvement. We know that you can pull through. We all love you.

orangemm
07-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Kim, I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. We want you back!

I'm pulling for you!

Hugs,
renate

Grace
07-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Adding my prayers - so many people here praying for you, Kim. Hang tough - we're on your side.

rosethecopycat
07-28-2005, 05:45 PM
Kim-

I admire you and your caretaking of unwanted ones. We need more people like you, with a heart so big.

Please, get the help you need, reach out.

My prayers joining multitudes of others for you.

kimlovescats
07-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Hello friends .... it's been a long time! I have been lurking and missing PT for several months now, and although I am not emotionally *well*, and still have a long way to go yet, I am *back*. I have Jen Luckenbach to thank for that ... when I saw this thread this morning, I was so blown away, I was overflowing with tears, and every emotion possible. I can't tell you, Jen, how much your doing something like this means to me. ((((((HUGS))))))
I think sometimes it takes someone who has been in this very darkest of places, to really understand and help you to pull yourself back to a functioning level. Without going into a lengthy discussion on depressive illnesses, let it suffice to say that it is a very lonely place to be.

While I am still waiting for my new psychiatrist's appointment, which isn't until August 18th :rolleyes: .... I hope to be able to post here, but if I don't respond enough or at all to some of your threads, please know that I'm just trying to take it easy for a while.

I appreciate you all so much, and I have missed you. Your continued prayers for me during the coming months, would be very much appreciated. Seeing a doctor of this nature again after so many years, and the thoughts of being *tested* on all sorts of new medications again, is extremely SCARY!!!

Thanks again,
Love,
Kim

K & L
07-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Welcome back Kim!

sirrahbed
07-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Kim!!! :D :D
big (((((((HUGS))))))

Craftlady
07-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Good Luck with your new doctors and medication (s).

I would of responded earlier today but some idiot on a state road crew cut through fiber optic phone lines. This effected a county of 22,000 plus. No phones, cell phones (lines are connected to cell towers, so much for "wireless" term and Internet. This also effected 911 system. I hope no lives were lost because of these idiots error. 12 hrs later we were restored. It was a mess.

catnapper
07-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Welcome back! So glad to see you back here!

{{{HUGS}}}

catcrazylady
07-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Kim, I'm so sorry that things have gotten so bad for you again. I've been so busy and strung out this week with my new job that I haven't even turned on the computer until now!!!

I'm not sure what is going on but I'm glad you can see how much you are loved and cared for by many many people. I hope you know that I'm here for you whenever you need me.

You are in my thoughts and prayers Kim. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.

Tons of {{{{HUGS}}}} good thoughts, and prayers are being sent your way.

momcat
07-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Hi kim,
I know where you are right now. I've been in the hospital twice as an inpatient for depression. It's a very cruel disease because it takes everything away from you. There's no way to describe what depression is like; unless someone has been through it, nobody can begin to comprehend the turmoil and pain just boiling up inside. What really helped me through both times was the support and encouragement of my friends. Even after I was discharged and started outpatient treatment, my friends always made sure I got to the doctor and appointments with my counselor. Remember one thing, Kim... you didn't get to where you are now overnight so it will take time to get past this. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! Please count on my support 1 million percent. If things get to be a bit much before August 18, don't be afraid to call your local mental health hotline! Pm me ANYTIME if there's some way I can help you through. Prayers are being prayed for your recovery.....

Kimlovescats and Ptloveskim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jenluckenbach
07-28-2005, 08:08 PM
{{{{{Hugs for Kim}}}}}

Welcome home.

QueenScoopalot
07-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Kim you've been missed here! :( I'm glad to see you posting again, and want to give you a cyber (((HUG))) and let you know we're ALL thinking of you during your dark times..and light times too. :) Please realize we care..and thank you Jen for starting this thread. :)

captain
07-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Kim,

I am so glad you have come back to us!!

{{{hugs}}} always. You know, I really admire people who rescue and take in animals the way you do ......... you are a HUGE inspiration

kuhio98
07-28-2005, 08:39 PM
WELCOME HOME KIM!

It's here I first met you. It's here I fell in love with your kind and generous heart. It's here you BELONG! You are amongst friends. Please take anything you need from me. You need my energy, it's yours. You need my smile, it's yours. Whatever you need. We are here for you. Welcome back! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

kimlovescats
07-28-2005, 08:43 PM
My goodness .... thank you so much. I don't feel worthy of such a fanfare .... but I'm working on that!:rolleyes: I just hope I don't disappoint you all. I promise I am going to try my best to get well, come on AUGUST 18TH!:rolleyes:

Vermontcat
07-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Kim, it is so nice to see you back here again!
I have really missed you.
I just got back to Vermont last night and was asking the other Kim about you because I am so far behind on everything and only had time for a post or two.
I have so many photos to go through from my vacation but I hope to post some in the next few days.
Hugs to you Kim! You are a very special person who has done so much for so many cats and people too.
I so wish that I could have visited you out in mid-TN but unfortunately only got as far as the NE corner.

carole
07-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Dearest Kim, I just want you to know I really MISS you so much on PT, I had noticed your absences and knew before that life was taking a tough turn for you right now, I know there is nothing I can say that will really make you feel better, but please know that I care about you an awful lot, and I only wish for things to improve and that the deep dark hole you find yourself in right now will disappear and there will be a lovely rainbow instead.

You are a beautiful person with so much love to give, you have always been a really important member of PT and you are missed sorely by us all especially me, HUGS sweetie and I hope you feel up to looking at this thread, so you know how highly you are thought of and that we are here for you anytime, even just to let you know that we LOVE YOU.

kimlovescats
07-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Thank you so much, Carole. I am posting a bit tonight, and I have to say ... it feels GREAT! I just want everyone to understand that my doctor's appointment is not until August the 18th .... so I may disappear off an on again between now and then. I don't want to drag anyone else down .... so if I am feeling too low ... I will refrain from posting.

Kim

prechrswife
07-28-2005, 09:01 PM
It is SO good to have you back! ((((Hugs))))

carole
07-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Kim if you feel like it, please feel free to PM me anytime, I am always here for you OK.!!:)

jazzcat
07-28-2005, 09:14 PM
KIM!!!!!!

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

christa
07-28-2005, 10:22 PM
Welcome back, Kim! :) It's so good to see you back here again!!!

finn's mom
07-28-2005, 10:54 PM
Kim, I don't know you at all, nor do I have the slightest inkling of what depression is like. I am glad that you were able to see this thread that was started because of love felt for you. You obviously are a huge part of Pet Talk, and, I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel for you soon.

kimlovescats
07-28-2005, 11:50 PM
I truly, truly appreciate all of the wonderful words of love and support .... they help so much. I've missed being here so much too, and I'm so happy to be back. Several of you are sharing your own personal struggles with depressive illness, and it is a real support for me ... thank you. I will try very hard not to shut people out anymore, but that is just one of the aspects of feeling so low.

Love,
Kim

krazyaboutkatz
07-29-2005, 12:42 AM
WELCOME BACK KIM!!! I'm so glad to see you posting again and I've missed you being a part of PT.:) You've always been such a sweet caring person and I hope that your doctor's appointment will go well and that he or she will be able to help you. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-29-2005, 02:23 AM
WOW, you are back, Kim!!! That makes me very happy!!!I missed you so much here, it wasn't the same without you!!

Hey, don't be scared for August 18th....! That is our 26th anniversary day :) :) So, you see, things will go perfect that day!!!

Barbara
07-29-2005, 04:17 AM
Kim, I'm so glad you're back:D :D :D

I can understand that you are afraid to meet that doctor- but your acknowledging that depressive illness is a serious illness- not just a feeling or something- is so impressive a step!:)

We will do what we can to help you over the time until then:)

And now off to see your furkids:) :) :)

Killearn Kitties
07-29-2005, 04:44 AM
I'm so glad to know that you are reading and posting occasionally, Kim. I've thought of you often and I hope 18 August rolls round quickly for you!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-29-2005, 06:08 AM
So glad you feel up to posting from time to time - we're all here for you Kim :D :D

When you hit the bottom there really is only one way to go -UP!

furrykidsmother
07-29-2005, 07:28 AM
WELCOME BACK KIM!!!!

I was so happy to log on this morning and see posts from you! Remember that we are here for you no matter what. Even if you are having a down day and you want to vent this is the place to do it! We are here for you through good and bad!

catlover4ever
07-29-2005, 07:33 AM
Welcome Back Kim!!!! It's good to see you posting again.

My eyes did a double take this morning when I saw you had posted. You gave me a great big :D :D :D :D smile for the day. I missed you here and I hope that things are getting better. You are truely a beautiful person and given time things will get better. Trust in God...he won't let you down.

(((((HUGS))))

Rachel
07-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Thank you for checking in with us. It means the world to know that you mean to beat this thing. We know it won't be easy or quick but you will make it because you know how important it is that you do.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-29-2005, 09:05 AM
{{{BIG HUGS}}}

Welcome back, Kim! It's so good to see you again. :D

<happy tears>

smokey the elder
07-29-2005, 09:09 AM
Welcome back! Many 1000s of hugs for you are in an account to be drawn upon as needed! I hope that you will consider Pet Talk as a part of your therapy to come and lean on us all.

kimlovescats
07-29-2005, 09:24 AM
You all are so wonderful .... I can't thank you enough ... I am BLESSED to have you all!

*hands Debbie a tissue* Now STOP that, I've done enough crying the past few days to take care of ALL PT!:rolleyes: ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-29-2005, 09:26 AM
Can't beat a good cry!!! PT is truly a very special place - take care Kim, I feel I know you already.........

barncat
07-29-2005, 10:54 AM
I am very new to PT so I don't really know you. I know depression though. You have my "good thoughts" and wishes. It is hard. Take the time you need to take care of you as well as you would one of your cats. Sometimes my furry-ones have seemed like the only light in the darkness. Many blessings to you and know that you are always in good and loving company.

lighthouse
07-29-2005, 11:29 AM
Hi Kim,
I have depression too, and it gave me a boost just reading all the support you've gotten from PT. Thanks.

sandragonfly
07-29-2005, 12:57 PM
hey kim!!!

wow you're back... you've been missed and missed so much!

your name kimlovescats have been popping in my mind and now, it's really great to see YOU.

I know a lot of people here already offered you their shoulders but I'd love to talk and listen too!

come on, august...maybe you could post here more so august'd come faster! ;) :)

many & many hugs & holding you next to me until 18th..

gina & her the whole ark

ps; I hope to find some cat threads from you!

Denyce
07-29-2005, 01:54 PM
I too am not on here nearly as often as I was before but I am very glad to see you back. Do what you can and what makes you feel good. When it gets too much then back away....take care of yourself first. *big hugs* you are much loved.

Don Juan's mom
07-29-2005, 05:33 PM
Kim, I'm just getting to this thread now, but believe me I've been where you are now. If you can't hang on until your appointment on August 18, don't be afraid to bug the doctor's office or the clinic until you can get seen sooner!

I was just looking at the pics of the mom and babies you rescued. Remember, our kitties can be wonderful (if occasionally exasperating) therapists. And they need you.

I'll pray for you.

Liz

catmandu
07-29-2005, 06:40 PM
WE,THE FOUND CATS ALL KNOW,THAT YOU ARE A VERY GOOD MEEEOWMIE,BECAUSE,YOUR CATS,ARE ALWAYS TELLING US,ALL THENICE THINGS,THAT YOUDO FOR THEM.
AND EVEN WHEN WE ARE HAVING FUN,AT OUR PARTEES,YOU CAN TELL,THAT YOUR CATS,ARE GETTING HOMESICK.
AND MOOSE SAID,THAT YOU WERE SO NICE,TO HIM,THAT HE ALMOST STAYED,IN TENNESSEE.
WE LOVE YOU,KIM,AND WE ,AND ALL YOUR CAT TALKER FRIENDS LOVE YOU,TOO,SO PLEASE,DONT LET THINGS GET YOU DOWN,AS YOU HAVE THE LORD BEHIND YOU,AND WE KNOW,THAT THERE IS NOTHING,STRONGER,THAN OUR GOD.

WE LOVE YOU,ESPECIALLY MOOSE,THE MAGNIFICENT,YOUR CAT IN LAW!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/MichaelBoJJJ3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1053.jpg

kimlovescats
07-29-2005, 06:47 PM
Thank you all again, very much. I do appreciate all of the kinds words, encouraging thoughts and advice. I will definitely seek help if I feel worse before my appointment. Today has been a pretty good day .... I've had fun posting again, and sharing some of my babies! I have lots of pics to share, but I haven't slept much the past two nights. Some of you may or may not know this about certain mental illnesses ... but even sometimes days that appear to be happy days, can be overwhelming, and draining. My mind gets going sometimes and so full of thoughts and plans and jumping from one subject to another, that it interferes with my sleep and it physicallyl exhausts me. So ... simply not being sad, is not always *enough*. I don't mean to bore you with details, but if I can possibly help someone else see something within themselves that they need help with, then I figure it is worth sharing.

Hugs,
Kim

jenluckenbach
07-29-2005, 06:54 PM
My mind gets going sometimes and so full of thoughts and plans and jumping from one subject to another, that it interferes with my sleep

WOW. a light bulb went on for me. My mind does this to me too, but I never figured it a symptom of depression. My mind is constantly racing, sometimes good thoughts, sometimes bad thoughts, it is like there is no off switch.

But thankfully, sleep rarely eludes me. If my mind races at bed time a dose of simply sleep does the trick and I don;t need to use it very often at all.

You learn something new every day. :p

Have I mentioned that I am so glad you are back, Kim?

sirrahbed
07-29-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
If my mind races at bed time a dose of simply sleep does the trick and I don;t need to use it very often at all.

hey Jen - I am always trying to save money - especially on pharmaceuticals!! Simply Sleep by Tylenol is the same as Benadryl, Sominex and generic Diphenhydramine, The generic is available at places like Walmart for a fraction of the price. I bet you can get it for ledd than half. Hubby also uses this to sleep sometimes.
*cheep cheep*

Lightning SuperCat
07-29-2005, 07:40 PM
(((((Hugs for Kim)))))) I know what depression can do. My mom has it and my uncle does too. But hey are both fine. We all love, you and God loves you too. I hope you remember that. Glad you're back! :D
I'm praying for you!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Lightning SuperCat
07-29-2005, 07:47 PM
My mind gets going sometimes and so full of thoughts and plans and jumping from one subject to another, that it interferes with my sleep

Wow that happens to me too. I am always thinking and I can't go to sleep. I am supposed to have a banana and a glass of milk before bed to help me sleep. I have no idea what it does, but it works. I also read a book or listen to music to help pput me to sleep and distract me from my thoughts. ((((((((Hugs))))))))) again!

rg_girlca
07-29-2005, 08:16 PM
Welcome back Kim :D

Prayers, positive thoughts and get well wishes being sent out for you.

lynnestankard
08-01-2005, 04:03 AM
KIM! Lovely to see you again - hang on in there sweetheart - it sounds like the black tunnel is letting you go.
I do hope so.
Remember to count your blessings and cuddle those furries - they all know Meowmie is sick - I'm sure all cats have a real sense for depression - mine do.
Your so loved Kim - I'll just add more (((((Hugs)))) to the hundreds already sent your way.

Love Lynne xx

jenluckenbach
08-01-2005, 12:59 PM
HOW ARE YOU TODAY, KIM???

persianmom
08-04-2005, 05:54 AM
Welcome Back Kim I just saw this thread , You are fa wonderful person. You do so much for others. I will keep you in my prayers. I understand about being depressed. Lived that way for a very long time. So now wrap your arms arouond your self and squesses (spelling ) really tight. that a hug from me to you feel free to do that anytime you need a hug.
Love ya
Carol

Pawsitive Thinking
08-04-2005, 06:32 AM
I don't mean to bore you with details, but if I can possibly help someone else see something within themselves that they need help with, then I figure it is worth sharing.

You're not boring anyone - I think it is wonderful that even now you are thinking of how to help others! I still have a stash of Prozac for those "just in case" moments......Be strong Kim, you are obviously a much loved PTer!

mina'smomma
08-04-2005, 08:40 AM
We've Missed YOU!!! Welcome back.

Kim I was so worried when I came back from the honeymoon and saw that you had hit a low point while I was gone. I will be e-mailing you pictures of the wedding soon. I'm hoping to get them on disk by this weekend.

Welcome back my dear friend.

((((HUGS)))
From the newlyweds and their babies.

catmandu
08-04-2005, 08:48 AM
GCK,LOVES YOU TOO KIM,ABBY,TOLD HIM ALL ABOUT YOU,WHEN SHE WAS VISTING!!
HE SENDS YOU,HIS LOVE!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cfb4b0ba.jpg

HI,KIM,I LOVE YOU,AND HOPE,THAT YOU ARE FEELING, A LOT BETTER SOON.
I KNOW,THAT I AM.GCK!!!