PDA

View Full Version : Kelly update - Wednesday 3:00 p.m.

gini
07-27-2005, 05:23 PM
My phone rang and lo and behold it is Kelly!! She was calling because we sent her some flowers.

She sounds weak!!

THIS IS IMPORTANT! She has asked that we not call her until she tells me it is alright and I post that it is alright.

Kelly is in a lot of pain - it sounds as though her first night was pretty bad. Only Kelly would apologize to the nurses for bothering them!

Today they had her up walking - she is supposed to do that three times a day - along with drinking some liquids - but the Dr.'s told her to go easy on the fluids for now. She also has a catheter so one of the basics is out of the way! She said the walking wasn't a problem - it was getting out of bed that hurt so much.

She just woke up from a nap when she called me and she said that she is feeling "just a bit better"..........................

Her Mom will go to the hospital directly from her work and be there late afternoon.

The experimental drug she is on - is a double blind..........no one knows what she is getting except the pharmacist - who only knows Room # such and such - no more. Apparently the drug company provides both a placebo and the drug to the pharmacist and even he does not know what he is dispensing........it could be either. So no one knows - not the Dr. or the nurse. She thinks this experiment will only be for the duration of her hospital stay. At any rate, she gets two of these a day.

I am not really clear on all of this so please forgive me.

Neko - she said she received your flowers along with Karen's (wolflady) and her big white kitty. She keeps the kitty on her stomach and swears it is making her feel better!!

She did, last of all, ask for all of our prayers that her pain will ease.

I could tell just by talking to her that it will be a day or so more before she feels better to talk on the phone or even receive visitors aside from her Mom.

So let's continue to pray for this sweet girl that these are her final pains of healing.............and a joyous life ahead of her!

luvofallhorses
07-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Poor Kelly :( We love you, Kelly! I hope you're better soon! (((hugs)))

Daisy and Delilah
07-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are still with you Kelly!! We wish you all the best and hope you're on the road to a better quality of life. You certainly deserve the best sweetie!! After the initial pain from surgery, everything should be ok!! {{{HUGS}}}

Love, Terry, Daisy, and Delilah

zippy-kat
07-27-2005, 05:56 PM
I am so sorry to hear the "paper cut" isn't *just* a "paper cut." :(

Stay strong, dear friend. You're in my constant thoughts and prayers!

RICHARD
07-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Poor Kelly,

I'd rather be Pastuerized than Catheterized...:confused:

Thanks for the up date...:)

jenluckenbach
07-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Praying for the pain to go away NOW!!!

wolflady
07-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the update Gini! I'm so glad that my kitty is bringing some comfort. There's just something about cuddling a stuffed animal that makes you feel better :)

Continued prayers and healing vibes are being sent. Pain, pain...go away!!!

**hugs**

furrykidsmother
07-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Prayers still heading your way Kelly! Hope your recovery is quick and the pain eases soon!

anna_66
07-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Thanks for yet another update Gini. I hope that she does feel better, and very soon.

Love ya Kelly:D

sirrahbed
07-27-2005, 08:06 PM
((((HUGS)))) to sweet Kelly (gentle hugs so as not to hurt )

Logan
07-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Thank you for keeping us updated, Gini. I think rest is exactly what she needs and she'll have plenty of time to talk while she is at home recovering. I know the flowers and definitely the "kitty" are brightening her day. I mailed her a card to her home tonight, so it will be waiting on her when she gets back there.

Logan

rg_girlca
07-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for you Kelly, that you will be pain free very soon and that you have a full and speedy recovery.

AlleyCat
07-27-2005, 10:22 PM
Oh Kelly, I'm sorry to hear you are back in the hospital again! I hope you are feeling much better soon !!!

shais_mom
07-27-2005, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the update Gini - I will wait to call her until you give the go ahead.
Sending her my love!

K9karen
07-28-2005, 12:34 AM
Oh Yuk! Please reassure Kelly that the first few days are the worse, but it does get better! As horrible as it is, walking is the best thing to get the blood flowing to the wound. And I agree, getting in and out of those awful beds is torture. Poor thing. I hope she's getting the real medicine so that she'll be forever 100%! Please give her my love .

neko1
07-28-2005, 06:02 AM
Thanks so much for the update, and I'm glad she got my flowers! I hope she feels better soon.

(((HUGS))) Kelly

Pawsitive Thinking
07-28-2005, 06:47 AM
Bless her! Thanks for the update - we are all thinking of her

krazyaboutkatz
07-28-2005, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the update Gini.:) I'm so sorry to hear that Kelly is in so much pain.:( I'm sending her many more prayers and positive thoughts. Please get well soon Kelly.

ramanth
07-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Poor dear. :( :( I hope her pain subsides soon. *hugs* to her.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-28-2005, 10:26 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated, Gini!!

I am sorry to hear that you are in such pain...:( . Getting out of the bed is the worst isn't it!! I will never forget the day after my major back operation 2 years ago: the nurses wanted me to get out of the bed the day after the operation already :eek: !! The scar was oh so painful, and my spine felt so sore, so I just passed out!! But, if they say it is good for you, better do it then. This first days are terrible, but look forward to the great painfree days you will have!!
Take care honey, I am sending you my biggest hug!!
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif

smokey the elder
07-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Get better soon!

ChrisH
07-28-2005, 01:19 PM
Poor sweet Kelly. :( Sending you many gentle hugs and much love along with the continuing prayers & positive thoughts.

Gini, thanks so much for the updates.

Chris

Rachel
07-28-2005, 02:58 PM
I wish that hospital had those e-cards. Can't you imagine the big old pile of them that we would generate? The candy stripers would have to get a wheelbarrow to haul them up to her room.

Your right ChrisH, those hugs are going to have to be gentle, aren't they?

Thanks, Gini. I hope you will have another uppydate for us soon.

catlover4ever
07-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Kelly, I'm sorry to hear that you are in such bad pain, but know that as time goes it will get better and you are on the road to recovery. (((light, gentle hugs)))

gini
07-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Hi everyone, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I won't call Kelly until later today when I can be sure that her Mom is there to answer the phone.

If possible, then I plan on going to see Kelly at the hospital................I sure hope she is feeling better today!

wolflady
07-28-2005, 04:14 PM
I hope so too, Gini. Be sure to say hi to her for me if you go to see her! :)

**hugs**

momoffuzzyfaces
07-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Lots more prayers on the way Kelly!

Feel better soon. You are missed lots!

kimlovescats
07-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Send Kelly my love! ;)