PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #117

catland
07-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Mario gave me a copy of the keys - so I'll open the place up. Sure seems quiet around here. Any ideas on a DOTD?

davidpizzica
07-27-2005, 01:33 PM
No ideas on a DOTD, but I'll put on a pot of coffee and give you a hand straightening up the place. I'm so happy, I could drink anything!!

lbaker
07-27-2005, 01:43 PM
In fond memory and a warm thank you to the "House of Orange" let's make Creamsickles! We had them as DOTD last year sometime and they were yummy. Sort of like a Pina Colada but with orange juice instead of pineapple juice. I'll rinse out the blender Julie, can you go out back and grab some fresh oranges off the tree? Get that silly smile off your face David and push that broom ;) :D

finn's mom
07-27-2005, 01:45 PM
I'll take a Creamsicle! Yum.

Killearn Kitties
07-27-2005, 01:48 PM
Ooooh, sounds good!! Can I have a little umbrella in mine please?

wolflady
07-27-2005, 01:49 PM
I'm up for a creamsickle!
Let's cheer for Kelly and the start of a new pain-free life! :D

**hugs**
Karen

lbaker
07-27-2005, 01:51 PM
Well as a matter of fact we just happen to have a slew of little umbrellas around here.... allow me :) First toast to Kelly :cool: cheers!

davidpizzica
07-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
In fond memory and a warm thank you to the "House of Orange" let's make Creamsickles! We had them as DOTD last year sometime and they were yummy. Sort of like a Pina Colada but with orange juice instead of pineapple juice. I'll rinse out the blender Julie, can you go out back and grab some fresh oranges off the tree? Get that silly smile off your face David and push that broom ;) :D Gee, Laurie is it THAT obvious??

catland
07-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Sure is handy having an orange tree here at Thursdays. What will they think of next? I just ran across some of my BBQ umbrellas the other day at home. :D

David - why are you so happy?:rolleyes:

Yes - to Kelly - may this be the beginning of better times for you:D

RedHedd
07-27-2005, 02:09 PM
LOL! I was reading a magazine the other day and they had a great idea for a drink called the "Watermelon Bomb." I IMMEDIATELY thought of Thursdays! LOL!

You cut the top off the Watermelon, smoosh up the insides - or gently slice through with a very sharp knife and then pour in the alcohol of your choice - vodka, gin, rum, tequila, etc., chill until time to party ... drill holes in the side to stick in straws (bendy ones would be good for Thursdays), set it in the middle of the party and let the fun begin! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-27-2005, 02:19 PM
I partook of one of those watermelon bombs once. Not pretty since it's really just straight booze with just a teensy bit of watermelon juice thrown in, but once you get past the first few sips......;) :rolleyes: :D

Here's to Kelly! <raises glass>

And here's to everyone else who is sick or having surgery or recuperating from something. We just found out that one of our best friends has prostate cancer. They think they found it early enough that they will be able to get rid of it. He's only 52, looks like 45, is finally in a fairly steady relationship with a wonderful girl (he's been looking for a long time and it looks like she just may be "the" one) and has a 16 year old son who recently got his driver's license and is having a blast at his first job - a lifeguard. Life is finally coming together for him after a few rough years....and now this. :(

Oh, oh....looks like Mario has gotten ahold of some watermelon seeds.....:)

lbaker
07-27-2005, 02:22 PM
It's too hot to cook so let's just do a pot luck thing with various nibblies. I'll start with some crostini with cheeses and some prosciutto. Gee David, your grinning and dancing with the broom instead of sweeping with it is a bit obvious don't you think :p :D What a fun idea with the watermelon ReddHedd, Mario will love you for it :D

momoffuzzyfaces
07-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Hi everyone!

4 catnip teas and a large cherry vanilla coke please.
Here's to Kelly! Hope she is pain free real soon!

Mario, stop spitting watermelon seeds at me!!!

Everyone, watch your step. We have a watermelon seed spitter among us. :eek: :D

robinh
07-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Can I offer you some hors d'oeuvres?

I have strawberries injected with a little rum and rolled in confectioners sugar or tomatoes injected with a little vodka & tobasco and rolled in kosher salt.

Mom was a barmaid and had some real interesting ideas for little hors d'oeuvres. :o

lbaker
07-27-2005, 03:01 PM
OH WOW! Those tomato things are devine! What a great idea :eek: I just may have to steal that one away. Here's another batch of crostini with some wild mushroom & cream topping... goes nicely with the 'maters. Now I want a Bloody Mary. Wait until Oggy-Flute shows up, I bet he'll have some yummy appitizers :cool: ooo ooooops! *bump* Gol durn those slippery watermelon seeds :mad:

Killearn Kitties
07-27-2005, 03:12 PM
The appetizers are a cut above this week, are they not? Yummy!!
I think I'll give the watermelon bomb a wide berth though!:eek:

David, what are you doing on the ceiling? I'm sure the Health & Safety people won't be happy about that!

davidpizzica
07-27-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by catland
Sure is handy having an orange tree here at Thursdays. What will they think of next? I just ran across some of my BBQ umbrellas the other day at home. :D

David - why are you so happy?:rolleyes:

Yes - to Kelly - may this be the beginning of better times for you:D Because on August the 15th, I'll be meeting Donna (moosmom) for the first time! She's driving to Connecticut to visit friends and on the way back, swhe;ll stop in Pittsburgh to visit me! A very mini PT meeting!

davidpizzica
07-27-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
The appetizers are a cut above this week, are they not? Yummy!!
I think I'll give the watermelon bomb a wide berth though!:eek:

David, what are you doing on the ceiling? I'm sure the Health & Safety people won't be happy about that! OOPS! Karen, I didn't know I was up there!

catland
07-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by david p
Because on August the 15th, I'll be meeting Donna (moosmom) for the first time! She's driving to Connecticut to visit friends and on the way back, swhe;ll stop in Pittsburgh to visit me! A very mini PT meeting!

That's great news! Somehow I get the feeling this is a PT meeting that the rest of us AREN'T invited to.;) :cool:

RICHARD
07-27-2005, 04:25 PM
hi everyone....

Today is the last day of my vacation, and what a vacation it was.

I am just about over my earache...

I just noticed all the great news we have been having lately....

People getting well, happiness in thier lives, space shuttles taking off with no problems.....

It's great to have some good news...

Thanks for opening up the bar for everyone Catland...

I hope everyone else is doing well and lets raise a glass for Kelly and T&P's freind, Seven astronauts and just good feelings all over the place.....

Let me pass out some umbrellas, a tray of treats and Catnip Tea and some more Creamsicles.....I hope everyone is staying cool.
These 100 degree days were killing me....

DONE!

Oh, before I forget..,..My CD drive is totally wacky.
I am going to transfer the BBQ pictures onto a floppy and post them..

I was waiting to go to work and do that...I don't want to take up time on anyone's computer...:o

Killearn Kitties
07-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
I am going to transfer the BBQ pictures onto a floppy and post them..

Oooooooh, scarey! :eek:

I'd better have another of those creamsicles, please.

Enjoy work tomorrow! Well, I hope it's not too bad anyway!!

RICHARD
07-27-2005, 04:45 PM
one creamsicle coming up..

DONE!!

What's so bad about work??

It makes me appreciate my vacations and gives me money to
save for next July......

dukedogsmom
07-27-2005, 06:15 PM
Hi all. I'll have a Mocha Mint slushie with an extra shot of espresso. Got to keep cool in this heat. Richard, glad to see you're out of hiding.

RICHARD
07-27-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Hi all. I'll have a Mocha Mint slushie with an extra shot of espresso. Got to keep cool in this heat. Richard, glad to see you're out of hiding.

One High Octane MM slushie with espresso...

Hiding???

You bet...this heat is killer!

zippy-kat
07-27-2005, 08:12 PM
It's rainy and cold annnnddd.... I JUST FINISHED MY PRESENTATION! Summer skewl is officially over! Woo! Now comes the hard part, waiting for grades. *bites nails* One more semester and it's all over with. *whew*

Can I have a mocha latte and *batts eyes* Laurie could we talk you out of some crabcakes and asperigussessessess? Pleassseee? Pretty, pretty plleaasseee???

davidpizzica
07-27-2005, 08:53 PM
(still walking two feet off the ground!) Could I have a DOTD?

DJFyrewolf36
07-27-2005, 09:29 PM
Hey yall!

Man, I wish I could have come in sooner...I was busy as heck all dang day :(

Anybody got something that will sit well on the stomach? I'm still feeling the effects of the flu.

It's great you're so happy David!!! I am really happy for you and Donna both :D

jennifert9
07-28-2005, 02:26 AM
I think Richard was passing out Popsicles earier....those can cure anyhting....

Randi
07-28-2005, 07:04 AM
I'd love to try one of those Creamcicles - and a catnip tea for Fister. :) Here's to all of you. Cheers! :D

Wish you could send about 10 degrees over here, we've had rain today, uff!!

lbaker
07-28-2005, 07:10 AM
psssst, Zipster - over here quietly please Before anyone else wakes up come on over here and set your teeth into these crabcakes and sperrygooses I fixed JUST FOR YOU for finishing up your classes I'm sure in your excellent manner :cool: By the way, did you catch David doing the "electric slide" with Mario yesterday :eek: He's going to be insufferable for the next two weeks :rolleyes: ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-28-2005, 07:18 AM
I am so ready for a large strawberry milkshake.....:p . You've got that too, Richard??:D
It is so hot and humid here; even the cats are panting!
On top of all, my back hurts because I had to clean up the washing room (the kids, most my son) had made a huge mess of it....! Awwwwwwwwww, thurdays....:rolleyes:

lbaker
07-28-2005, 07:25 AM
One strawberry shake coming up. Because this is Thursdays, after all, only made with fresh strawberries and homemade ice cream!! Nice breakfast eh? Cures what ails you every time :cool:

Killearn Kitties
07-28-2005, 07:56 AM
I could have sworn I smelt crabcakes! I must be wrong though because there is surely no favouritism here? I mean, no-one would EVER make a dish just for one person would they?????? It certainly doesn't smell like a strawberry milkshake though.

We could do with a few degrees of heat sent to us as well, Randi. The temperature plummeted after the weekend and I believe London recorded its coldest ever July day yesterday! Hope Vio brought plenty of warm clothes!

lbaker
07-28-2005, 08:08 AM
Well I did just make one cake for Tonya but there are a few crab quiche's just about ready Karen. Would you care for some? It's almost the same recipe and still made with Chesapeake Bay jumbo lump crab meat and Old Bay seasoning. Only the best will do for my friends :D

Killearn Kitties
07-28-2005, 08:43 AM
Oh well OK then, I'll have some of that please, Laurie. :D Sounds fantastic. Perhaps a chilled glass of whilte wine?

lbaker
07-28-2005, 09:08 AM
A chilled white wine is an excellent choice with crab quiche, but only if we hold our pinkies up ;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-28-2005, 09:23 AM
Gee, white wine and crab quiche for breakfast? Sounds like we live pretty good here at Thursdays. ;) :D I'll take a pass though. Just found out my 25th class reunion will be October 1st and I would like to drop a few pounds before then. So, how about some of Randi's yummy fruit and yogurt? Followed by the requisite coke.

How come this floor is so slippery? Oh, that's right, David was electric sliding all over and put some of that sand stuff down to make his slides easier. Hmmm....wonder what happens when sand and watermelon seeds mix.....;) :D

Got a busy day ahead, so I'll be pretty scarce. Weather is simple perfect here, which helped get me off to a good start for the day. Let's see if I can make it a good productive day while I'm at it. ;)

lbaker
07-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Sand and watermelon seeds? Sounds like a beach party to me!! Bingo anyone :eek: ? Finally the temps are going to only hit the 80's instead of upper 90's with high, high, gross humidity (like it's been all week) so today is looking good here too.

davidpizzica
07-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Laurie, Mario has been showing me some of his special moves! I better watch the watermelon seeds, they're slippy and I could go through the wall! Could I have a milkshake? I'm trying to cut the smiles down.

lbaker
07-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Strawberry? Chocolate? Vanilla? Name your poison David... all fresh ingredients available all day today. We want you to stay healthy. Quiche is ready, would you like some? WAKE UP GINI!!

davidpizzica
07-28-2005, 09:51 AM
LLaurie, I'll go for the CHOCOLATE shake and the quiche! Doing the electric slide gave me an appetite.

smokey the elder
07-28-2005, 10:46 AM
TGI Friday's used to make a mocha milkshake! I bet that would be good spiked with some Bailey's!:)

lbaker
07-28-2005, 11:02 AM
WOW, now you're talking Smokey :D

momoffuzzyfaces
07-28-2005, 11:17 AM
AHHHH!!!!
We finally have a cool down. Got down to 55 last night. I bout froze to death. It felt wonderful!!!! :D

Sorry to all you who are still having the temps in 100. I'll share our cool but don't you dare share that heat again. I've had enough of the 100s for this summer!!!

I'd love a cherry limeade and four iced catnip teas. And some nachos? :D (sorry I don't do crabby or fishie things)

Mario, why are you dressed like John Travolta in Grease?

:eek: :D

zippy-kat
07-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
psssst, Zipster - over here quietly please Before anyone else wakes up come on over here and set your teeth into these crabcakes and sperrygooses I fixed JUST FOR YOU for finishing up your classes I'm sure in your excellent manner :cool: By the way, did you catch David doing the "electric slide" with Mario yesterday :eek: He's going to be insufferable for the next two weeks :rolleyes: ;)

Awww thank, Laurie! You're the best! Sooo yummy - perfect on our Spring-like day. The weather's so nice; sunny and in the low 70s.

That Mario... *tsk tsk* QUITE a handful isn't he? Although I guess he was just helping David celebrate! Fun, fun, fun!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-28-2005, 02:27 PM
BARTENDER! THERE'S A MONKEY IN MY DRINK!

Mario! Get your hand out of my cherry limeade!!!!
You have a whole bottle of cherries just for yourself. You don't need to steal them out of my drink!

EEK! Where's gini? She seems to be the only one he'll listen to lately!:eek: :D

smokey the elder
07-28-2005, 02:41 PM
I think now's a good time for that Bailey's spiked mocha milkshake (I need to come up with a name for that...;) ) I've been crunching numbers all afternoon and my brain HURTS!:D

catland
07-28-2005, 02:57 PM
oh no, so many drink orders, so little time.

Smokey, one BSMM - done.

momo - I haven't seen Gini, maybe she's out buying more cherries for Mario.

DavidP - on chocolate shake - done.

lb - love the quiche.

T&P - who says you need to lose a few - you look mahvahlous.

KK - one white wine. done.

davidpizzica
07-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
BARTENDER! THERE'S A MONKEY IN MY DRINK!

Mario! Get your hand out of my cherry limeade!!!!
You have a whole bottle of cherries just for yourself. You don't need to steal them out of my drink!

EEK! Where's gini? She seems to be the only one he'll listen to lately!:eek: :D Sorry, Connie, Mario got all wound up teaching me the electric slide before Donna and I meet! Do you ever try to diaper Mario when he's doing the electric slide? It's not a pretty picture!!

gini
07-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Now look guys, I was out this morning doing "good works." (straightens halo, fluffs out angel wings - prances around a bit)

My recent Rotary project was to give dictionaries, thesaurus',
K-3 reading books and middle school books to HOLA or Heart of Los Angeles. It is a non-profit organization that has after school music classes, reading, art classes, computer classes etc. It costs $10.00 a year for a student - but if you don't have the money - it is free.

MARIO!! Dang it - you just threw a huge gooey watermelon all over me. WHAT? Quit strutting around? Mario - yes, you look adorable in my wings and halo.............you can have them.

Stripped down to a regular person then, I will have a creamcicle.........wonder how some of that Bailey's would go with it?

DAVID MEETS DONNA...............is that the name of a new novel?

davidpizzica
07-28-2005, 03:21 PM
No, Gini, it's for real! See the silly grin I have? August 15th.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-28-2005, 03:38 PM
:D Gosh, David, we need to put a rope on you and anchor you to something or you will float away before you ever meet Donna! :D

No, Mario, you can't hold the rope. I know you. You would forget and let go!!! Why don't you find Possum and tell her some more BBQ stories. I'm sure she'd like that! ;)

DJFyrewolf36
07-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Heeya again everyone!!

Work has finaly slowed a bit...I've been running around like a nut for the past two days! Geez, miss a day and you'd think the world had ended!!

My stomach is feeling much better today, although I don't want to push myself. Maybe a small slushie for me...and an umbrella too...it's flooding here!

davidpizzica
07-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
:D Gosh, David, we need to put a rope on you and anchor you to something or you will float away before you ever meet Donna! :D

No, Mario, you can't hold the rope. I know you. You would forget and let go!!! Why don't you find Possum and tell her some more BBQ stories. I'm sure she'd like that! ;) Connie, maybe you can tie me to the bar and feed me slushies!

Kfamr
07-28-2005, 07:46 PM
I have a craving for an frozen drink of some sort... Can I have a virgin slushie? ;)

Actually.. I plan on making some sort of slushies in a bit.. anyone want one? Bring your own alcohol. ;)

finn's mom
07-28-2005, 10:39 PM
I'd like a glass of red wine to help me sleep. PLEASE? ;) I'd open up a real bottle, but, my dad's already in bed, and, I don't know if he would be cool with me opening up the bottle downstairs....I need to ask him tomorrow if it's being saved for a special occassion...cuz, if not, I'm breaking out the corkscrew.....

Oggyflute
07-29-2005, 05:26 AM
Tell you what Kari, I'm sure there's a nice bottle of red behind the bar, why don't we just crack it and drink to good health.
Today was my last day at work, our business has been sold and I'm officially unemployed.:(

So now that I'm sipping on this gorgeous coonawarra cabernet, I'm certianly in the mood to cook. Nibbles are the choice? In that case how about a flashback to the seventies. I'll grab some prunes, wrap them in Bacon and throw them on the BBQ. :D (you could not go to a party 30 years ago and not see these served) I'll do some Honeyed chicken wings for the less adventerous.:)

Killearn Kitties
07-29-2005, 05:37 AM
Just ready for a barbie, Trev! Devils on horseback, isn't that what they were called? It will soon be 12 o'clock here, just time for that wine to breathe, then we can toast your prospects! :D

Oggyflute
07-29-2005, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
Just ready for a barbie, Trev! Devils on horseback, isn't that what they were called? It will soon be 12 o'clock here, just time for that wine to breathe, then we can toast your prospects! :D

You remember them!:D I actually had them again a few months ago and to my surprise found them quite delicious.

And Cheers!:) My prospects aren't too bad, though I'm finding that I either have too much experience or not quite enough.:rolleyes: I may have to dumb myself down a touch to get a foot in the door.:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-29-2005, 09:24 AM
Devils on horseback? I think I'll take some of the honeyed chicken wings instead. ;) :D

Another beautiful day here in Chicago, but again, lots of work to do. Kay, I'll take one of your slushies a little later - after my Coke is gone. ;)

Has anyone noticed that David is swinging from the ceiling fan with Mario this morning? Maybe we should try to get him down before he hurts himself........David I mean, we know Mario can take care of himself up there. ;)

davidpizzica
07-29-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm having fun up here! Whee. No,no, Mario! NOT THE SECOND SPEED!!

lbaker
07-29-2005, 01:18 PM
*SPLATT*
as he slides down the wall.......
uh oh, poor David that second speed will get you every time :rolleyes: ;)

gini
07-29-2005, 01:24 PM
David, is that you sliding down the wall? What's the matter with you? Mario - why are you laughing so hard???

Hey, I dropped by to tell you all that Kelly is going home today from the hospital. Isn't that great news?

Let's all toast to her good health and recovery!

I would like to have a pitcher of green slushies to go - gotta get some work done - so I will check back later!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by gini

Hey, I dropped by to tell you all that Kelly is going home today from the hospital. Isn't that great news?

Can I have a cherry vanilla coke? Oh, and 4 iced cat nip teas? We all want to drink that toast!!!!
Wonderful news indeed!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

lbaker
07-29-2005, 02:08 PM
HAPPY DANCE, HAPPY DANCE!!! :D :D

smokey the elder
07-29-2005, 02:17 PM
That's awesome! The "Furry nurses" can help her heal.:)

davidpizzica
07-29-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by gini
David, is that you sliding down the wall? What's the matter with you? Mario - why are you laughing so hard???

I would like to have a pitcher of green slushies to go - gotta get some work done - so I will check back later! How come the bar's spinning around and who broke the fan?

catland
07-29-2005, 03:28 PM
Now I need a drink. One of my favorite people where I work had the audacity to get himself a better job and will be leaving in two weeks. He's the sort of person I get to vent to in order to maintain what is left of my sanity.

David - SIT DOWN! YOU ARE MAKING ME DIZZY!

more happy dances for Kelly.:D

momo - one cvc and four icnt's - done.

Gini - will one pitcher be enough? Kfamr was kind enough to make some up - just add alchohol and stir. done.

T&P chicken wings - done.

Oggy - sorry about the job - here's to you and hoping that you find a better one.

dj - one small slushie with umbrella - done.

did I miss anyone?

DJFyrewolf36
07-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Thanks catland! TGIF and it seems like everyone is quite happy. :D Glad to see the pawsitive vibe around here.

dukedogsmom
07-29-2005, 06:43 PM
I discovered something wonderful tonight so I've got a big pitcher for everyone. Watermellon Margaritas. They are so tasty and you get a big slice of watermellon in your glass, too. I wished I could get one to go. So, enjoy! This was my first taste of watermellon this summer because they have been so expensive. What better way to get it than with a tasty Margarita?

lbaker
07-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Val, please tell me it was a seedless watermelon! We have enough of those slimy seed things on the floor.. although - hmmm - it does make the electric slide work easier :rolleyes: Any cantalopes in your neck of the woods yet? yummmy! Sweet corn should be coming in soon too. I do love the produce this time of year :D

dukedogsmom
07-29-2005, 07:42 PM
It wasn't seedless but it only had about 3 seeds. Sure wish I could have another one. We've had cantalopes and corn already. It's about time for them to end, I think. Do you ever buy the Ranier cherries? They are the white ones and are only available for 2 weeks in July each year. They are to die for. They are very expensive but so worth the money.

lbaker
07-29-2005, 08:02 PM
Gotcha with the white cherries and raise you TWO white peaches :D ;) eeeyyyeee doggies!

gini
07-29-2005, 09:22 PM
mmmm- FREESTONE PEACHES! Just love those.

A watermelon margarita huh? Mario - get over here honey, have I ever got something for you to try.

Fresh white corn - fresh picked - one of my all time favorites - maybe we could snag some and put it on the BBQ?

RICHARD
07-30-2005, 05:24 AM
hi everyone....

sorry about dropping in so infrequently lately..I have been kinda distracted....

I can see those winds 'o change have been blowing lately and i am wondering about investing in a kite.

:confused:

WATERMELON MARGARITAS???

MMMMMMM!!!:D

dukedogsmom
07-30-2005, 02:57 PM
I'm just about ready to have my CHICKEN pot pie. It's cooking now. How about something good to go with it? Maybe some Wild Vines Raspberry Zinfandel? That stuff is cheap but it tastes so good! My SIL calls the sweet wines soda pop wines. That's the only ones I like, though. Merlot is just way too dry.