PDA

View Full Version : Do your dogs challenge the lawnmower??

Buddy Blaze Lover
07-27-2005, 01:07 PM
A very random thread...;)

I was just mowing the lawn yesterday, and Blaze loves to come out and "chase" it around for a while. He always keeps his distance, but it's sooo hilarious to watch him make sudden jumps towards the lawnmower (we have one that you push) and stare at it like it's alive! He also sometimes chases the grass that flies out! lol!:D So...are your dogs scared or love the lawnmower?:)

Jamieejo85
07-27-2005, 01:12 PM
they are both really scared of it!! really scared of the vacuum cleaner too:D :rolleyes: :D

Lexi_Lover
07-27-2005, 01:16 PM
No, she just ignores it, it doesn't bother her.

LeahMM
My Aussies like to grab the tires. My mower is a rider.:)

Samantha Puppy
Samantha does what you described Blaze does. Which doesn't make any sense. She'll challenge the big, loud lawnmower but cowers at the little vacuum.

Kfamr
07-27-2005, 01:17 PM
Simba likes to try and go after it, but we keep them inside while mowing the long for their safety.

luvofallhorses
07-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Nope, but Buster attacks the vacume :rolleyes:

finn's mom
07-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Finn's never been near a lawnmower, so, I have no idea how he'd react! I know he runs from the vacuum. I have to put him out on the patio, cuz he peed the last time I vacuumed. ;)

IRescue452
07-27-2005, 01:23 PM
I never let the dogs stay out when I mow the lawn. There are too many accidents with lawn mowers and dogs for me to be comfortable. They aren't phased by the noise though.

Almita
07-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Chiquis he growls at it to think he is a tuff handsome dog and with Muneca it is so funny ok the lawnmower chases her and then she chases it. It is so funny.

pitc9
07-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Buddy follows me around the yard as I am on the riding lawn mower and Sierra runs to the other side of the yard. She hates it VERY much!

beeniesmom
07-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Beenie is inside when the lawn is done but she absolutly LOVES to attack the vacuum!

PJ's Mom
07-27-2005, 02:39 PM
Neither of mine will chase the lawn mower. The vacuum on the other hand... :D

JenBKR
07-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Roscoe doesn't bother with the lawnmower, he just has to be on whatever side of the yard that my husband is on whenever he is cutting the grass. However, Roscoe is terrified of the vacuum cleaner. Don't ask why, since the lawnmower is much louder...maybe it's the person on the other end?? :( :(

ParNone
07-27-2005, 03:42 PM
No, I don't mow with mine outside anymore. I use to when Murph and Maddie were younger, because they'd just hang out on the patio, out of harms way. Or so I thought.

One day I mowed over a rubber red ball, that I hadn't seen, when picking up their toys in the yard. It went flying out of the mower at warp speed. I had just enough time to notice Murph ducking as it went over his head, before I had to hit the dirt too. Because after it sailed over his head, it ricocheted off the house and headed straight for me. Just missed me.

If it had hit Murph, it probably would have killed him, so no more mowing with the dogs outside for me.

Par...

Pam
07-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Par your story points up just how quickly freak accidents can happen. For that reason my dogs are inside when mowing is being done. Years ago a friend of mine told me a very sad story. Her brother had been mowing the lawn and a stone flew out from under the mower, hit the pole on their cyclone fencing and ricocheted back into his eye. It cost him his sight. I know those kind of things are freaky but they do happen.

My two each behave differently around the vacuum cleaner. Bella pays it no attention at all. Ripley often tries to bite at the light and barks. LOL! :rolleyes:

Chilli
07-27-2005, 03:55 PM
We usually don't have the dogs outside, mainly because they like to pester anyone who is walking around the neighborhood. Frisk is just fine with it, we have both a riding and a push mower. I'm only allowed to use the riding lawnmower because I am banned from the push because of what I did with it last time.. Anyway, Frisk always wants to get in my lap and ride with me on the lawnmower, he loves it! :D
We have never had Ethan out while we were mowing, but he would most likely be terrified of the noise.

JenBKR
07-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by ParNone
No, I don't mow with mine outside anymore. I use to when Murph and Maddie were younger, because they'd just hang out on the patio, out of harms way. Or so I thought.

One day I mowed over a rubber red ball, that I hadn't seen, when picking up their toys in the yard. It went flying out of the mower at warp speed. I had just enough time to notice Murph ducking as it went over his head, before I had to hit the dirt too. Because after it sailed over his head, it ricocheted off the house and headed straight for me. Just missed me.

If it had hit Murph, it probably would have killed him, so no more mowing with the dogs outside for me.

Par...

Aaah that's scary!

Vette
07-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Im too afraid to moew with any dogs lose. Kirby is always in his crate when ever the lawnmower is in use.

Tollers-n-Dobes
07-27-2005, 09:10 PM
My dogs are always put inside while the lawn is mowed for their own safety just incase something were to happen....

gemini9961
07-27-2005, 09:41 PM
My 2 are inside while we are mowing but Maggie likes to challenge the vacuum, LOL.

cocker_luva
07-28-2005, 12:04 AM
jesse doesnt care, she'll sit in the driveway, away from the mower.