PDA

View Full Version : Skin Care

MariaM
07-27-2005, 10:55 AM
Lately I've been getting very frustrated with skin care produtcs. Can you all please tell me what you use, as far as cleansers, moisturizers, face wash, scrubs, masks, lotion, the like?

I need to find products that actually WORK. I just dont' want to spend a bunch of money (which I don't have) on things that will just be rubbish. So, what products do you use, and which brand names?

Almita
07-27-2005, 10:59 AM
I use clean and clear it is an orange like gel and it turns to foam I use that and it takes away my pimples but it just makes my blackheads ready to pop so I use that is it really good and i use a cream that is like foundation but it is a cleanser also it is from Mary Kay.

lv4dogs
07-27-2005, 11:02 AM
My face is really sensative so I can't use much on it. I can & do use nutrogena proiducts with no affects & I LOVE the stuff.
I use the cleaner & facial moisturizer for sensative skin.
I don't use any scrubs or masks or anything like that.

finn's mom
I'm in the process of checking out a line of products called Arbonne. I may actually look into being a consultant (kinda like Mary Kay), I have to try some more of the products first, though. They have some really cool stuff, and, I'm hoping to get some of their stuff that will help with acne prone skin. I got a five day trial of some of their anti aging stuff from a party that my mom went to, and, i love it. even though i don't necessarily see a difference in the anti aging part, my skin is clearer already. It's all natural, botanicals, etc....not tested on animals at all. And, the more I read, the more I'm finding that when it says "this product not tested on animals", the more I'm finding that it really just means the final product. And, all the steps leading up the final product usually are. Ugh. I just really hope I like this stuff, because I really am tired of using stuff that's not natural and is tested on animals. It's not cheap, but, you hardly have to use any at all each time....I love what I've tried so far. And, I'll let you know if I start using any other products or if I decide to be a consultant. :) I have never really tried anything that worked well for my skin, though, so, I'm hoping this stuff will.

Pawsitive Thinking
I use witchhazel foaming face wash or johnsons exfoliator then synergie moisturisers and a little eye gel. Don't look bad for 85 (shame I'm only 40 ;) )

ooops I use Garnier moisturiser (its my age)

JenBKR
07-27-2005, 11:24 AM
I like Mary Kay products, also clean and clear. I have sensitive skin, so I have to be careful. I have this Mary Kay moistiorizor (sp?) for oily skin that works wonders (I have combination skin, may not work for you if you have dry skin)

finn's mom
07-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by JenBKR
I like Mary Kay products, also clean and clear. I have sensitive skin, so I have to be careful. I have this Mary Kay moistiorizor (sp?) for oily skin that works wonders (I have combination skin, may not work for you if you have dry skin)

Is Mary Kay mostly botanicals? Do they test on animals at all? I have a friend that sells it, I need to ask her. But, I thought I'd see if you knew the answers to those. Cuz I'm not sure when I'll be able to get in touch with her, and, I'm curious....

edited: i just did a quick search and it looks like they permanently banned animal testing back in 99. i'll look more into it later, to make sure that's correct. ;)

binka_nugget
07-27-2005, 11:26 AM
I dab on extra virgin olive oil for acne whenever I need it. I haven't been using it regularly but it worked really well overnight for me. My brother has been using it every night and there has been a huge difference for him.

elizabethann
07-27-2005, 11:27 AM
I use DHC. Here's the link:

www.dhcskincare.com

I swear by their products! I use to have horrible skin until I found them (via some womens magazine)! I use their foaming facial cleanser and their acerola gel. It's kind of expensive but well worth it. They're based out of Japan but have a store in San Francisco. I think you can contact them and ask for free samples. Not sure. I know you can get up to 4 free samples with every order you put in.

Good luck!

:)

RedHedd
07-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Depends on your skin type. Mine's always been oily, but now that I'm <ahem> older, it's getting drier. I use L'Oreal NutriPure cleanser (hard to find), Oil of Olay alcohol-free toner, ROC Retinal Coresxxion deep wrinkle defense day and night moisturizers.

Jamieejo85
07-27-2005, 11:41 AM
i use clean and clear morning burst..its great

Samantha Puppy
07-27-2005, 11:55 AM
I use Clinique 3-Step skin care. It's got a bar of soap, a toner and lotion. Been using it for... oh, I don't know... 10+ years now.

:eek: Good Lord. I'm old.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-27-2005, 12:13 PM
I use glycerin soap to help with my acne. I've tried just about EVERY product out there and nothing has ever worked better. I very rarely get pimples now. Jordan (wolfsoul) was the one who suggested the glycerin soap to me.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-27-2005, 09:21 PM
I use the Proactiv Solution: Renewing Cleanser, Toner, and lotion.

popcornbird
07-27-2005, 09:35 PM
It depends on what skin type you have, but, Vitamin E oil works wonders in 'clearing' dry-normal skin. I don't believe it should be used on oily skin though. I used to have so many pimple scars that resulted from teenage acne, and NOTHING would help in clearing that. I've been using Vitamin E oil every night for about a year now, and my skin has become so clear I can't believe it. Seriously.....its results have been amazing on my skin, and the more concentrated the oil, the better it works. Of course I use other products too........lotions, etc., but the Vitamin E oil is by far, my favorite. That, and shea butter........and btw, shea butter also works wonders in moisturizing dry hair.