PDA

View Full Version : free spay/neuter

newowner
07-27-2005, 09:45 AM
i heard that you can mail off for a free spay or neuter, they send you a certificate or something? anyone heard of this??? and who does it

Lobodeb
07-27-2005, 10:11 AM
I would check with your vet and also your local animal shelter. They should be able to point you in the right direction. Some vets have discounted rates, and some shelters might do it for free.

Good luck.

Craftlady
07-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Most shelters have the "Friends of " organization that runs things. They usually have certificates available for so much off for a spay (I got $25 off from a local shelter group). Also, there are programs/events for low income families to get free or reduced spay/neuters. Allot of times they are associated with moble clinics. Rescue groups in your area check them out. I would first contact your local shelter they should be able to direct you to various programs.

catmandu
07-27-2005, 02:48 PM
I HAVE NEVER HEARD,OF THIS,IN THE HAMILTO AREA,OR I WOULD HAVE SCRATCHY,DONE,SO THERE ARE NO LITTLE SCRATCHIES,RUNNING AROUND.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/CaseyDigby.jpg

PLEASE PRAY,FOR POOR LITTLE DIGBY,THE BLACK,AND TAN PUP!

JenBKR
07-28-2005, 09:45 AM
A lot of times if you get your animal from a shelter they will give you a free coupon to use their vet or will reimburse up to a certain amount. Also, our Petsmart often has low cost clinics every couple of months, for shots and spay/neutering. Good luck!