PDA

View Full Version : Good thoughts for me if you have a moment

furrykidsmother
07-27-2005, 09:24 AM
Had to go for my annual Mammogram yesterday. Did 2 films of each side then decided she wanted to take one more. I said now you are scaring me and she said sometimes the pictures look the same and an additional one needs to be taken and that she would prefer to do it now than to have me come back. It was the side that I have already had a biopsy done on (3 years ago and it wasn't cancer), so maybe it is just because of the scar tissue. Anyway, it will be a few days before I know the results and I am a bit scared, so if anyone could send a few good thoughts my way I would appreciate it. Thank you!

finn's mom
07-27-2005, 09:35 AM
Good thoughts coming your way....

Barbara
07-27-2005, 09:35 AM
I know about mammograms that are difficult to interprete. Some of us have a less transparent breast than others (e.g. me:( ).

But up to now there was nothing and that's what I hope for you too:)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Good thoughts speeding their way to you!!

JenBKR
07-27-2005, 10:51 AM
Good thoughts and prayers headed your way

furrykidsmother
07-27-2005, 11:12 AM
OK, now I need to ask for prayers if you could. I just got a call from the Radiologists office. They found something "abnormal" and want me to come back for another film and maybe an ultrasound. They think it might just be normal changes in the tissue, but now I am scared and they can't see me until Monday.

luvofallhorses
07-27-2005, 11:16 AM
Prayers on the way! (((hugs))) I hope it isn't anything serious. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

JenBKR
07-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Aah, now they make you wait. That's the hardest part. Many prayers coming your way.

moosmom
07-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Furrykidsmom,

Here's hoping and praying it's nothing.

((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

Donna

sandragonfly
07-27-2005, 11:49 AM
sigh..I wouldn't like to wait a bit either! eh, monday seems too long..

hey, listen to me survivor, try to not worry or be scared, there's always a reason for everything what you get, good or bad. and look at the good side at either side. if it's bad, you're a survivor and it would get better! (and more friends!) ;)

well, let's hope it will be not the little evil lump! you go away...!

((holding you by my side until monday)) - I would do that in our life! hang in there, furrymother. xo,

gina :)

crsvstang
07-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Sending good thoughts your way!!

Almita
07-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Prayers on the way from me!!!

catnapper
07-27-2005, 02:18 PM
{{{HUGS}}} How scary. Lots of prayers coming your way.

furrykidsmother
07-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts, prayers and hugs. Yes, it is scary! I am very scared, but it helps to know that others are thinking of you and sending good thoughts and I know my Mom is praying hard for me too, so I am trying to not let my mind wander to far, but having to wait 5 days isn't going to be easy.

Barbara
07-27-2005, 03:49 PM
Do the ultrasound! It is expensive but it gives much better evidence. I do it too in addition to the mammography every 1 and a half year. Having a texture of tissue that doesn't make it easy to see what happens it is worth the money.

And I still think it will be nothing!:)

dukedogsmom
07-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Try not to worry. I just had my first one done and had to go back for retakes and a sonogram. I hope it will be alright.

furrykidsmother
07-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Thank you everyone! I appreciate all your good thoughts! They are a comfort to me. I'm still scared, but you all are helping me!

anna_66
07-28-2005, 09:53 AM
I went through something similar not too long ago and it turned out to be a big fat nothing! So I hope the same thing happens for you too:)

King Spartacus
07-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Oh no! The waiting is horrible... I had a cancer scare myself a few years back... They suspected I had leukemia, and I had to wait 7 days for the result... By the end of the week I was going CRAZY! And then to be told that the results was inconclusive! They wanted to do more tests... I said "forget it", called my mom, she booked me an appointment back home (I am Scandinavian)... I packed a bag, told my boss, jumped a plane, and went home. Next day I took tests there, the next day after than the doctor called me personally and told me not to worry, it was a blood infection, but it was curing itself... didn't even need antibiotics...

So, I shall keep you in my thoughts and prayers, not just that the results come back clear, but also now in this awful waiting time! Hopefully it's just a "freak" piccie, picking up on your scar. All the best to you.

Hugs from Sylvie

kittycats_delight
07-28-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm sooo sorry Amanda. I know the waiting and not knowing is worse than knowing. If you knew atleast you could prepare yourself. All fingers, toes, paws and whiskers crossed it's nothing. Monday is a long way off and I believe if they really thought it was sooo serious they would squeeze you in earlier.

Lilith and Vixen send lots of headbumpies and whisker kisses
and great big {{{HUGS}}} from me.

furrykidsmother
07-30-2005, 03:58 PM
Thanks again everyone! I just can't seem to get my mind to concentrate on anything else. I don't believe they are making me wait this long. I can't sleep and when I do I have nightmares about it. It is only Saturday and I can't believe I want my weekend to go by so quickly, but I want to know, yet I am afraid to find out.

petslover
07-30-2005, 09:08 PM
Hey. I'm sorry I just saw this. I'm sure hope its nothing, but I will put you in my prayers. God Bless You.

krazyaboutkatz
07-30-2005, 09:28 PM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. I also had a scare last year and it turned out to be a nodule so now I may have some scare tissue too. My mom is a breast cancer survivor so I've been having mammograms every year for quite a while now. I know that the waiting is the hardest part. I'm having my annual mammogram in August and I'm already dreading it. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Cookiebaker
07-30-2005, 10:02 PM
Best wishes that Monday will come quickly and that it will be nothing!

{Hugs}

rizzy
07-30-2005, 10:24 PM
I am sorry I just saw this thread now because I have been gone all week. Just remember that God is with you, He is always with you. I will keep you in my prayers that it's nothing. God is right by your side;):)

king2005
07-30-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm sending good wishes your way.

I kindo what its like. Cancer is in just about all of the females on my mothers side. My great grandmother had it down below. My grandmother had it down below, my mother had it down below & just last summer, my younger sister had it down below. My sister called me right away & told me she had cirvical cancer.

I freaked out cause I know I'm gonna get it one day. SO I went to the clinic the next day & talked to the Dr. The clinic isn't supose to do the pap, unless its an emergency. The Dr. saw how freaked out I was & I told her about the family history & she agreed I needed it right away. So she approved the pap for me & did it right then. She was so nice, she said she would call me no matter the answer. & she did :) it was good news, I'm just fine :)

I hope its the same for u (the good news part) :)

furrykidsmother
08-01-2005, 01:57 PM
Thank you all for your good thoughts, hugs and prayers. They seem to have worked, for now anyway.

The ultrasound was fine. The mammogram still has a slight questionable area, but the technician believes it is just natural changes in the tissue. He recommends a re-take in 6 months. So, sigh of relief for now anyways!

Thanks again to everyone! Maybe I can get some sleep tonight, I can hope anyways!

JenBKR
08-01-2005, 02:01 PM
Yea! What a relief!

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-01-2005, 02:02 PM
That's great news!

I am sure you will enjoy a well-earned good night's sleep tonight!

Cookiebaker
08-01-2005, 02:14 PM
awesome update! :) Whoo hoo for you! :D

krazyaboutkatz
08-01-2005, 09:21 PM
This is excellent news!!!:D

kittycats_delight
08-01-2005, 09:24 PM
That's great Amanda !! Those PT prayers are just amazing huh? So glad things are normal. :D

(((AMANDA)))

Michelle

sandragonfly
08-01-2005, 09:34 PM
yeea! (let's hope they're right! for another six months.......) :D

I'm glad monday's over and sweet dreams!

((amanda)) :)

cyber-sibes
08-01-2005, 09:39 PM
Good news! remember to beathe...

jenluckenbach
08-02-2005, 06:01 AM
I missed this whole thread. :( I am sorry about that. But very glad that everything turned out fine.

persianmom
08-02-2005, 06:42 AM
Good thoughts and prayers coming your way

sirrahbed
08-02-2005, 07:05 AM
Such a long wait but I am glad that you have good news! I also have had several breast biopsies and one lumpectomy now - all benign - but several scares where a "suspicious" spot is watched but so far has been scarring or the like - I pray it is the same with you and that the followup will prove to be precautionary. I wonder if this is quite usual with women like us?? The spots that are difficult to interpret due to biopsy?? The waiting - oh yes - so hard!!! But all is well with you, thank God:)

furrykidsmother
08-02-2005, 09:20 AM
THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
08-02-2005, 10:58 AM
YIPPEEEE!!!

Barbara
08-02-2005, 11:00 AM
The combination of mammogram AND ultrasound usually gives reliable information, so it IS excellent news:D