PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone guess the city?

Randi
07-27-2005, 06:35 AM
Here's a photo I took somewhere on my way back, can you guess where?

(for those who haven't seen the last posts, guess before you look!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/LA%20July%202005/Chicago-coastline.jpg

catnapper
07-27-2005, 07:26 AM
No idea. The water's such a pretty turqouise so it definately can't be anywhere along the Deleware, New Jersey shoreline! :D

elizabethann
07-27-2005, 08:12 AM
Is this in the US? I'm guessing Miami or Daytona?

finn's mom
07-27-2005, 09:07 AM
I don't know, it doesn't look US to me, but, I'm sure I'm totally off. Any hints? :)

Almita
07-27-2005, 09:35 AM
for me looks like italy but i'm not sure or is it in the US??

Barbara
07-27-2005, 09:38 AM
I doesn't look like Italy as there wouldn't have been a city with these checkered streets so close to the sea.

Thus I suppose it's the US. Can't get any closer.

Randi is this a real question- i.e. would you like to know or is it just a puzzle for us?

For all puzzlers: Randi flew from LA to Chicago and from Chicago to Paris- so she could have seen a West Coast city, a lake Michigan city or an East Coast city:D

Edit: by looking at a Chicago map I think it could be a view of Lake Shore Dr. in the direction of Montrose Harbour: Sara, waddya say?

Randi
07-27-2005, 09:51 AM
LOL! It's a "puzzle" for you guys. :D I know for sure (almost) that 2 PTalkers will be able to tell which city it is!

Barbara
07-27-2005, 10:02 AM
Read my last lines Randi- it's not only Debbie and Sara:D

furrykidsmother
07-27-2005, 10:05 AM
There appears to be some smog hovering over this city, so I am going to guess it is somewhere in California. Maybe Long Beach (?). I have been away for many years so I am just guessing.

Rachel
07-27-2005, 10:22 AM
Doesn't look like enough tall buildings to be Chicago.

Randi
07-27-2005, 10:31 AM
This is interesting! :D Does it really take a European to guess it right?? Yes, Barbara, it IS Chicago!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Randi
Yes, Barbara, it IS Chicago!

My first immediate reaction was Chicago because I knew you flew out of here, but I didn't recognize it at all. Where's the Sears Tower? Where's Soldier Field? Where's the Amoco building (or Aon I guess it is now)? Where's Navy Pier? I'm thinking this view is all South of the main city and that's why I didn't recognize it. :o Seems I need to reacquaint myself with the city. ;) :o :)

Randi
07-27-2005, 11:19 AM
Debbie, I was probably slow and it's half way out of town, but I thought you'd recognise it. It also could be sharper. At least we didn't run into a thunderstom, athough it was expected. :)

Edwina's Secretary
07-27-2005, 01:45 PM
I know, I know....of course by now you have already solved the puzzle.

Many years ago I took my niece on a trip. She was about 10. We were flying back and she told me we were almost to O'Hare. I thought we couldn't be! I looked out the window and sure enough...there was the skyline. Her response to me was "I know my Chicago!" And now she lives there.....:D :cool: :D

kuhio98
07-27-2005, 01:50 PM
My first thought was that it was Chicago but the sand threw me. I don't know why (because I've been around the Great Lakes before), but I didn't expect to see as much sand as is in the photo.

Suki Wingy
07-27-2005, 02:23 PM
I can't see the picture!:( I probably would have guessed right after hints because I see the Chicago shoreline so often.

Barbara
07-27-2005, 02:57 PM
I thought it could be Chicago as the city is so close to the water.
And Ã_n my office I have the AMC Chicagoland Atlas.

It is so detailed that you can even see the little beaches North of the peninsulas.

The area is North of the centre, this is why you aren't seeing the highrises. You look the shoreline from North to South and that first peninsula is Montrose Harbour:)

I'm so proud I found it:o