PDA

View Full Version : Cat's point of view needed

Pawsitive Thinking
07-27-2005, 04:10 AM
Could you please tell your meowmies what are you favourite treats/toys? I want to get something special for Brody so thought I'd come to the expurrrrts!

kilbarchancats
07-27-2005, 04:39 AM
Tom says his favourite toy is an emery board, its all nice and scratchy and he has a special glittery one too for extra excitement.

Candy doesn't play with dolls much but she is a little nip addict - lol, it sends her so crazy we call it her "Cattabis".

Max - HUH - he doesn't have a playful bone in his body that boy. hey, you would think he was 100 and not only 4!!:rolleyes:

munchy-wise you can't go wrong with a nice tin of tuna to please all three or some cooked chicken or turkey. The two boys might have other favourites snackies that would go down a treat, but miss fussy-pants is another matter. Yup, tuna, chicken or turkey for three happy furry licky-lippy faces:D :D :D

jenluckenbach
07-27-2005, 05:51 AM
All the foster babies say that their favorite play thing is their OTHER kittens! ;) :D

Pawsitive Thinking
07-27-2005, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
All the foster babies say that their favorite play thing is their OTHER kittens! ;) :D

Great idea!!!! :D

dukedogsmom
07-27-2005, 06:39 AM
For treats, Whiskas Temptations in the yellow bag. Doogie will come running when he hears that bag rattling. He's had all kinds of fancy toys and he loves things like bread ties :rolleyes:

catnapper
07-27-2005, 07:20 AM
My kids love the little fluff balls. Here's Pouncer "helping" me box up a few to send to someone.... they didn't all make it to their intended destination
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/kimmel101/Cats/nawtee_packer.jpg
They are fake fur puffs, and EVERYONE loves them. Angeleyes was just goign nuts playing with one. I don't think you can get them in the UK, so I'd be happy to have a gft swap with you and send you some!

JenBKR
07-27-2005, 08:38 AM
For food treats, Whiskas temptations. Favorite toy...one of those laser light thingys. When I open the drawer that I keep it in, both cats come flying in the room and start looking for the light. They LOVE that thing! You should see Katie chasing it around the room...too funny! :rolleyes:

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-27-2005, 08:54 AM
A laser toy, fake mice, and lots of those furballs! The furballs are not available here either. Maya still plays with an old red on from Sydney!!

JenBKR
07-27-2005, 09:02 AM
What are those furrballs and where do you get them?

Donnaj4962
07-27-2005, 09:11 AM
My Sasha LOVES milk rings! She has quite a stash as the neighbors even save them for her! She can put her little face in the container that they are in and she pulls one out, drops it on the floor, and starts to play! She will throw it in the air and chase it when it rolls. Her favorite game though, is "kitty hockey". She loves for me to slide the milk rings across the linoleum floor so that she can chase after them! It is a game we play almost every night! Tabitha is 17, and doesn't play much anymore. She does occasionally enjoy a milk ring. And she loves to snuggle with any toy that has catnip in it!

catmandu
07-27-2005, 09:36 AM
THE FOUND CATS,AS WELL,AS MANY,OF THE PET TALKER CATS,LOVE THE ANIMAL WELFARE ASSOCIATON MICE,AND BALLS,AS THEY ARE JAM PACKED,WITH CANADIAN CAT NIP.AND THEY LOVE THE CATNAPPER PEACOCK FEATHERS,AND THE SQUEAKING MOUSE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/CaseyDigby.jpg

WE ARE PRAYING,FOR LITTLE DIGBY.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-27-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
I don't think you can get them in the UK, so I'd be happy to have a gft swap with you and send you some!

Sounds good to me - how would this work?

catlover4ever
07-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Hi, Gracie here and I want to let you know that I just love feathers....especailly this feathery thing on a string that meowmie calls Da Bird. I think she got it from cat claws http://www.catclaws.com/cattoys.html#54 I love to bring this toy into her when she is sleeping and play with it on the bed, but for some reason my toy keeps disappearing when I do this and I can not figure out where it keeps going. ;) This toy sounds lke there is a birdy in the room with me and I keep jumping all over the place to try and catch it.

Here I am with my toy.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid173/pa9d75c802b32651a684673c282de20c6/f3b89d44.jpg

I love to carry it all over the house.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid173/p1e79537aa33009e111744fdc1344360d/f3b89d4b.jpg

Lobodeb
07-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Sammy doesn't play, the lazy fatty. Payton on the other hand will play with anything that moves. This morning he had a blast with a q-tip and a cotton ball. He also loves milk rings and twisty ties. If you were to "invest" in a toy, I would recommend either the laser light or the feathers on a string. He will jump like a maniac to get either one.

prechrswife
07-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Favorites around here--milk rings, q-tips, the "red dot" (laser pointer), and 2 little stuffed toys that came out of cereal boxes.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Thanks guys - that's given me loads of ideas! May try the red dot first as it will be something that is just for me and my kittie to play and the "rotten" dog can't rip it to shreds

JenBKR
07-27-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Brody's Mum
Thanks guys - that's given me loads of ideas! May try the red dot first as it will be something that is just for me and my kittie to play and the "rotten" dog can't rip it to shreds

LOLOL So true!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-27-2005, 11:01 AM
Just ordered one! Hooray for ebay.........

Lobodeb
07-27-2005, 11:05 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention that Maggy loves to chase the dot too! But you're right, she can't catch it. She does, however, love the feather on a string, so beware! ;)

RedHedd
07-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Whiskas Temptations in the yellow bag - those are the chicken flavor and the M's go INSANE for them.

Toys - little, teeny-tiny furry mice are the favorites for both cats. The kind that instantly disappear under and behind furniture. :D Mitzi likes anything that crackles - cellophane, those plastic strips from bottles, the crackly plastic shopping bags. My two also LOVE it when I set open magazines or newspapers on the floor - they go floor surfing. I have a fun time dragging them around and watching them slip and slide across the floor.

Randi
07-27-2005, 11:29 AM
You may not believe it, but Fisters favourite is an old piece of string. He loves to chase it around the flat, me in front. :rolleyes: He also loves catnip toys - in any shape or form. And he's got quite a taste for Temptations, lucky I brought some back from USA. :)

janelle
07-27-2005, 12:57 PM
It's amazing what that cat toy site gets for a little piece of felt. LOL :eek

My kitties love the mouse in the circle toy. Not sure what it is called but they have had it since they were kittens and still play with it. They have worn off the fake fur on the back of the mouse. They keep trying to get the mouse out of the ring circle but never have. They keep trying though. LOL The mouse keeps goimg around and around but never comes out.

Simon loves the balls with the bells inside. But I had to tie a leather strap on it and make it move. I pass it in front of him and around then up in the air. He will watch it and then jump up to catch it. Lots of times he does catch it too and he loves that.
I see him getting the pattern down and then he moves in for the catch.

Chianti loves her nylon string on a stick. You can't see the string but you can feel it. She chases it when I move it around and then I let her take it and she bats it around the floor and chases after it.

They seem so like those toys they liked from kittenhood. Never get tired of them.

I got da bird for them but I have to fly it for them and they can't play with it alone. I like the toys they can play with for hours by themselves. They don't need me to be in the mood to play with them that way.

Don Juan's mom
07-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Zerlina and I were playing with an old shoestring this morning. She also enjoys a feather-on-string toy. But I think her favorite toy is any unlucky fly that gets in the house. :rolleyes:

Don Juan is getting a little lazy (at 5 1/2) :rolleyes:, but he likes chasing Zerlina and occasionally a peacock feather. And he still has a "special relationship" with a FatKat chipmunk stuffed with catnip. :D

Liz

Pawsitive Thinking
08-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Red dot arrived today (in a mouse shaped casing) - Brody already showing an interest so I think it could be a hit!

JenBKR
08-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Let us know how he likes it!

Lightning SuperCat
08-01-2005, 01:28 PM
I just got to this now!! But Lightning likes any kind of kitty treats and for some reason, the people food he tries to steal are grapes, apples, tuna (duh) and frozen veg's. He is really weird. :rolleyes: His favorite toys are his stuffed animal koala and lion. He plays with them all the time. He also likes catnip and bubbles. Did you know they make catnip bubbles? But they are $3 for a small bottle and it's only $1 for a bottle of regular twice the size! Whatever. His also likes to chase flies and ants. :D

momcat
08-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Hi Brody!
I love my mousie and have a lot of fun chasing him around and hiding him in my secret places. But my very favorite thing to play with is Q-tips. I even know how to get them out of the box. Only problem is that I can only play with them when Meowmie is there because she's so afraid I might swallow one or get hurt somehow. I also like to play in the bags when Meowmie goes food shopping.

Your friend,
Groucho

Pawsitive Thinking
08-02-2005, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by JenBKR
Let us know how he likes it!

She seems to be very interested but hasn't chased the dot - yet! Going to have a little play every day until her confidence is built up. She spent most of her kittenhood avoiding the manic puppy so I will have to "teach" her how to play - then I will try some of your other suggestions ;)

DJFyrewolf36
08-02-2005, 04:22 PM
My two like the usual: milk rings, bits of plastic, boxes lol. The two actual toys they love though is a little stuffed catnip pillow and a mini tennis ball. They will actually fetch the tennis ball!

Pawsitive Thinking
08-03-2005, 06:16 AM
I will have to "teach" her how to play

Any suggestions how I go about this would be much appreciated! "Training" and "cat" are words that are normally put together ;)

JenBKR
08-03-2005, 08:22 AM
Any suggestions how I go about this would be much appreciated! "Training" and "cat" are words that are normally put together ;)

What does he do when you use the pointer? Does he look at it and follow it at all? I usually slowly drag the light across the floor to get their attention. Now though, as soon as I open the drawer both cats come running!

Pawsitive Thinking
08-03-2005, 09:37 AM
She showed some interest when I was taking it across the wall this morning............I think she'll take a while to follow it with anything other than her beautiful eyes

JenBKR
08-03-2005, 09:48 AM
Probably, that's how it started with Katie. Have you tried it on the floor? That's when Katie goes nuts. Also, you might want to turn off some lights so that the laser light shows up better. Good luck!

Pawsitive Thinking
08-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Will give it a go - she is quite a timid baby but has learnt to come to me for cuddles the minute she hears Tobey disappearing out the door!

JenBKR
08-03-2005, 09:53 AM
LOL that is exactly like Katie. She is getting better around Roscoe but she always feels better when I put him outside!

grybai
08-03-2005, 10:00 AM
Everyone likes fake mice, especially Josephine the kitten and the dog (oddly enough) who fight over them. They also love bits of crinkly plastic, especially when I'm trying to sleep.
:o

Pocky's favorite is probably the turboscratcher.

Tuna and Josephine are both obsessed with my ordinary duster- it's not even a feather one! Tuna also adores shoelaces, on or off my shoes. :D