PDA

View Full Version : Jasper is VERY sick !!

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-27-2005, 02:06 AM
My guinea pig Jasper is VERY sick!! I will be taking him to a vet in half an hour;
I am so afraid that he is dying.... :( . His eyes look weird and wet, his fur is all dirty instead of nice and clean, he doesn't drink or eat. Normally he goes nuts for some fresh salad leafs, or a carrot. Now, he doesn't even come out of his little wooden shelter. he is making weird noises too.....:(
My poor baby, please don't die, you are much to young and dear to me!!!!!

jenluckenbach
07-27-2005, 05:52 AM
Poor baby Jasper. I hope the vet can make you feel better.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-27-2005, 07:17 AM
The vet said he didn't look very well; but he couldn't find anything specific, but a diarhea . As Jasper is already 3; the coming 2 days will be crucial. First I have to force-feed him. I bought a little bottle with babyfood (fruits, and lots of vitamins). I have to inject this with a syringe into his troat. Poor boy:( . Then same thing with a syring filled with water, enriched with vitamin C. Jasper also got some antibiotics. He HAS TO get better in 2 days, or he cannot be saved....:eek: :( . Please, keep my sweety in your thoughts!!

We just had a first feeding-session! He did well and swallowed half of the food. My lab......:rolleyes: is all dirtywith spilt food and ... "stuff" from his butt...:eek: . I had a towel on my lab, but he moved so much , so the towel fell on the ground.... ! Oh well, my skirt is in the washer already:D

Randi
07-27-2005, 08:41 AM
Poor little Jasper. :( Hope he makes it!

Will be sending good thoughts and keep my fingers crossed.

finn's mom
07-27-2005, 09:31 AM
Poor Jasper. It's hard when they're not feeling well. I hope it's only temporary.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-27-2005, 10:17 AM
I just had a look, and he is stillinside his "hiding house". He did not drink nor eat...:( ; Guess I will have to "force-feed" him again this evening :( . I hate to hurt that sweetie, but it is for his own good.....:( :(

jenluckenbach
07-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Come on Jasper, you can get better! I Know you can!

Logan
07-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Oh Lut. :( I was at your website this morning, believe it or not and was going to ask you about Jasper and Billie since we don't hear as much about them.

I do hope Jasper will be ok. We will keep you both in our prayers.

Logan

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-27-2005, 02:43 PM
I just gave Jasper his second "treatment". He did much better! Of course, he still hates being forced, but he didn't spill as much as the first time, and swallowed most of it! Come on Jasper, make mommy happy and get better soon. Mommy loves you so much:)

sirrahbed
07-27-2005, 04:09 PM
I am sorry that your Jasper is sick, Lut:( But - force feeding him may be just what it takes to make him feel so much better. I doubt that it hurts him even though he may not like it!!

Get better soon little Jasper!

jenluckenbach
07-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Come on Jasper, I am praying for you.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-28-2005, 02:38 AM
Here are few pics taken last night, with the cats around too!

my poor sick boy
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/jas1.jpg

look sis, that rat is in our box!!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/jas2.jpg

lemme see!!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/jas3.jpg

listen, Jasper, this is just a "one-time-event" okay? That box is MINE!!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/jas4.jpg

Jasper seems to be a little bit better today. Runs around a bit. But still no drinking or eating....:(

Sonia59
07-28-2005, 04:49 AM
Oh Lut, I hope Jasper is getting better and better!:(
I had two Guinea pigs and I know how these animals can be loving and cute and very talkative with humans!

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-30-2005, 04:51 AM
He is getting better! When Sonia was here yesterday, he even came out of his hidyhole; This morning I saw him eating hay!! Yippie, my sweety Jasper is better!!
Let's hope he dosn't get a relapse; that would be dramatic for him:(

jenluckenbach
07-30-2005, 05:07 AM
Such good news! :D

Logan
07-30-2005, 05:48 AM
Lut, this is wonderful news!!!! I know you have been worried sick, and we have been too. Keep us posted and give Jasper a gentle pat on the head from me, please. :)

sasha the cat
07-30-2005, 12:56 PM
Oh, mew! My KatMa and I just learned Jasper is ill. We wish him a speedy recovery.

Jasper, I know force-feeding and meds are yucky:mad: [what is happening to me as we speak] but take my advice:

Let your Momma do everything the veterinarian recommended. Mew-meeee0w, I resist each time but my KatMa insists. And, you know what? Even though I hiss and meeeow:mad: it all goes down the hatch and then I feel stronger.

We are pulling for you dear little Jasper.

Uabassoon
07-30-2005, 03:34 PM
I'm happy to hear that he is doing better! I wish him a speedy recovery.

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-01-2005, 03:58 AM
Oh no:eek: ,he is worse again!! He doesn't move a millimeter, takes no food or drinks at all. He feels cold to me too:( . What is wrong with my sweetie??? I did everything the vet said; he just doesn't get better.

I just phoned another vet; maybe she can do something??? I hope so, as I can see he is hurting, and that hurts me to the bone too :( :(

Any ideas?

http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/jas1.jpg
Jasper, last summer:)

jenluckenbach
08-01-2005, 05:27 AM
I am so sorry, Lut. :( Guinea Pigs are such delicate creatures. I have no help for you about what could be wrong.. Prayers that he gets better and the new vet can help.

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-01-2005, 10:51 AM
RIP sweety Jasper:( :(

I will post more on Pet Memorial:( :(

jenluckenbach
08-01-2005, 01:13 PM
I am so sorry. :(