Hi all,
The following petition needs to be read, and signed if you
chose to. Please send to all you know and we also need letters
addresses are provided.

Montana Shelter-Animals Beaten & Frozen to Death
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/petition.cgi?id=2889

sammi
02-24-2002, 07:54 PM
How can something like this be taking place in a place that should be caring for the animals? Do you have any past newspaper articles from this that we can download? How can they get by with this?????? I have not signed it yet but will with some more information. This is terrible beyond words.:mad: :mad: :mad:

lizbud
02-24-2002, 08:21 PM
ilovehounds,

I have read read these reports and have signed the
petition. If these people have nothing to be ashamed
of, I would think that they would be more than happy
to let people come into the shelter and see things for
themselves...

sammi
02-25-2002, 12:24 PM
http--www.libby.org-WesternNews-welcome.html

Look under Letters to the Editor/Editorial

delidog
02-26-2002, 10:04 PM
hi angie!!!! signed and sent!!!broke my heart reading this...i cannot even imagine....i cannot stand the thoughts....thanks for posting...i hope that everyone signs!!!

AdoreMyDogs
02-27-2002, 07:05 AM
I signed.

Serra'sGhost
03-07-2002, 09:25 PM
I signed it. And I'll do it again and again. People like that need to be...:mad:arghh:mad:...anyways...I signed it.
Sarah and Ghost

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-07-2002, 10:01 PM
I signed, and I am going to be mailing a lot of letters soon. This truely breaks my heart and I am going to lose a lot of sleep over this :( . Hopefully with some prayer and you wonderful people here at pet talk maybe we can make the difference for those poor animals.

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-07-2002, 10:06 PM
I AM MAD TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAN I AM SOOOOOO MAD THAT SOMETHING LIKE THAT IS HAPPENING SOMEWHERE AND PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT IT AND IT HAS NOT BEEN STOPPED YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

rg_girlca
03-19-2002, 06:11 PM
I signed and emailed it out to my friends to sign also. I could not continue reading the whole report as i could not see through my tears. It breaks my heart to still hear of this kind of cruelty that goes on with these poor innocent animals who are here to give us nothing but unconditional love. I hope we can make a difference.:)

anna_66
03-24-2002, 03:49 PM
I signed, I can't believe what I just read. Where was this at, anyone know? It says Lincoln County, but where?

Corinna
04-09-2002, 05:19 PM
I just read about this here and I live only about 35 miles from Libby. The problem in libby right now is that they are worring about the asbestis for humans. Not a reason for this but it is the truth. Lincoln County is the upper northwest of Montana.It is split buy mountain ranges so part of it is on the Canadain border it's kinda of a weird way of having a county. to get to part of it you drive thru Flathead ( I live there) about 60 miles.
I have heard good news about our shelter it now has joined with the local PAWS group so no more kill shelter.They are also raising money to build a pet center. It will have a play park and adoption area. Place for local trainers to teach from and it's on about 15 acres . They are inlisting the help from celbs whom own homes here in the valley. The only thing that bothers me is they are bad mouthing our spay and neuter task force. They claim we arn't willing to help, we have tried so hard to get them to let us help in the past and got treated like crap. So we built our own place and now they are steamed, cuz we are taking funds from they supporters.People wanted to help who are we to turn them down. There is plenty of unaltered pets for both of us to take care of. I don't get it.The plans for the new place sound like some of the places you see in California that are more like pet hotels.
I will try to see if I can find out any thing more on the Libby case. if i can I'll post it for all to see.

delidog
04-09-2002, 09:39 PM
thanks for clarification....if you hear anything...please let us know!!!