PDA

View Full Version : 4:15 pm - KELLY UPDATE #2

gini
07-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Let's put this post in "Kelly's color".........

I just talked to the floor nurse who told me that Kelly has been awake off and on - and that her Mom is at her side.

She said overall - SHE IS DOING GREAT!

How is that for good afternoon news?

CEDARS SINAI HOSPITAL

8700 BEVERLY BOULEVARD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90048

Kelly and I agreed that we would talk to each other Wednesday morning - because I didn't want to disturb her today - too soon!

Please p/m me if you want her room number
at the hospital.

luvofallhorses
07-26-2005, 06:23 PM
That's great, get well soon Kelly! We're pulling for you!

♥

Krista and the furbabies

zippy-kat
07-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Awww GREAT NEWS!

Gini, tell her I said "HI" please! I will call and check on her but it probably won't be until Thursday afternoon/evening.

I'm so happy my friend is on the mend!!!!! :D

Uabassoon
07-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated Gini! I'm so happy to hear that she is doing well :)

Corinna
07-26-2005, 06:44 PM
Glad to hear things went well. Hope it will get rid of so much of here pain.

wolflady
07-26-2005, 06:58 PM
That's great news! Thanks for the afternoon uppie-date! :D I'm glad that she's doing well and that her mom is there. Hopefully my little gift arrived :)

Tell her hello from all of us, and I'll try getting in touch with her tomorrow or Thursday, depending on when she feels up to getting phone calls.

**hugs**

dukedogsmom
07-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Glad to hear she's doing so well. You might want to keep her location private, as anyone can see this. People that want to call or visit could pm you. Tell her we all said hi and glad that she's recovering great from her surgery.

Cincy'sMom
07-26-2005, 08:15 PM
Glad to hear Kelly is doing well. She is in our thoughts.

anna_66
07-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Good news Gini! I'm glad to hear she's doing well:D

gini
07-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Several people are asking me about sending Kelly an email. This absolutely gigantic hospital that takes up several city blocks - does not have the email service that we have used in the past with others.

However, it has the world's greatest doctors that were able to hone right in on Kelly's problem - where other doctors failed!

Daisy and Delilah
07-26-2005, 09:24 PM
So glad to hear you came through the surgery so well sweetheart!! We're pulling for your complete and speedy recovery here in Florida. Get well soon and be pain free from now on. You're in our constant thoughts and prayers. {{{HUGS}}}

Love, Terry, Daisy, and Delilah:)

wolflady
07-26-2005, 09:56 PM
Kelly's sweet mom called me this evening on my commute home to let me know that Kelly was doing fine, but was in a lot of pain. She has a "pain button" that allows her to administer pain meds when she needs it.
For anyone interested in talking to Kelly over the phone, her mom asked that we all wait until at least Thursday.

I had a stuffed white kitty and a vase of roses delivered to her room, and her mom said that it was there when she was brought in. I'm so glad:) She also said that Kelly has been holding the kitty over her incision. Poor thing.

Continued prayers on the way for the pain to go away fast and for the healing to begin!
**hugs**
Karen

gini
07-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Karen, thanks for updating us................

Thinking of the seriousness of her surgery - having it feel like a bad paper cut - was a bit of a stretch of the imagination.

I would imagine the next couple of days will be rough for her.

I will wait now until Thursday to call her rather than calling her on Wednesday morning as we had originally agreed.

I hope your "angel kitty" can take away her pain!!

shais_mom
07-26-2005, 10:58 PM
I am so glad to hear this!
I was wondering how she was all evening!

krazyaboutkatz
07-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Thanks again for the updates.:) I'm glad to hear that Kelly is doing well and I hope she'll become pain free soon. I know that next few days will be hard on her so I'm glad that she has all of us to help cheer her up and make her feel better. Please get well soon Kelly.:)

popcornbird
07-27-2005, 12:13 AM
Good to hear Kelly's doing well! Keep getting better, Kelly!!

Randi
07-27-2005, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the update, Gini. Glad to hear she's doing well. Hopefully the pain will away soon. Pleasae say hi from me. :)

K9karen
07-27-2005, 12:31 AM
Love that pain button! :) I thought of Kelly all day! I'm so glad she's going to be as good as new! I'll tell you, the pain is worth it, knowing that you'll be normal again. I can't wait for her to be able to chow down on all her favorite foods! Yippee! I'm so relieved and thrilled! *Blows kisses*! Bless those great docs too!!!!

Oggyflute
07-27-2005, 01:00 AM
Glad to hear Kelly is on the mend.

Almita
07-27-2005, 01:10 AM
I'm glad kelly is doing well

Barbara
07-27-2005, 02:53 AM
Kelly I am sure that white kitty will help against the pain. When I had my brain surgery and needed that spine draining (which hurts) my co-workers sent me a tabby kitty (I had asked for a live one but they didn't do that ;)) and I slept with that tabby in my arm every night.:) It helped really well:)

King Spartacus
07-27-2005, 07:18 AM
What super news! I'm so happy the procedure went well and that Kelly is one the mend!!! Fingers crossed this she'll now be 100% again!!!

sirrahbed
07-27-2005, 07:50 AM
gini and Karen - I soooo apprectiate your updates and information about Kelly. She is so often on my mind.

That is so sweet about her holding the white kitty over her incision.

Yea - "papercut" is rather wishful thinking I am afraid - but oh how wonderful it will be once she is healed up! :D

furrykidsmother
07-27-2005, 09:13 AM
Glad that Kelly is doing well. I am sure she is in a great deal of pain, but I hope that each day she gets better and better. Hopefully, this will be the end of her pain!

lbaker
07-27-2005, 09:32 AM
When my sweet D-in-law was in the hospital and you all posted such warm, sweet get well wishes I printed them all out and brought her the pages in the hospital. She absolutely loved it and read passages out loud to several visitors and nurses. I will be sending a small present to her home today and will try to call in a day or so. Could this really be the beginning of the end of this torment our dear friend has had to go through? Oh my I hope and pray so.

wolflady
07-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
...Could this really be the beginning of the end of this torment our dear friend has had to go through? Oh my I hope and pray so.

I hope so too, Laurie! :)

**hugs**
Karen

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-27-2005, 12:33 PM
Thanks so much for the updates!! I wish I could send her an e-card... . But I will do that later then, when she is back home! Get well soon dear Kelly, we love you!!!

1000 HUGS !!!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-27-2005, 02:32 PM
(((HUGS)))

Hope you feel lots better real soon!!!:)