PDA

View Full Version : My whole body is shaking (baby news)!

Samantha Puppy
07-26-2005, 03:42 PM
So tomorrow is the sonogram and I called my OBGYN office to see if they could fax me an additional (official) note for the techs at the imaging center saying that I wanted a detail of the spine since I have spina bifida. The nurse was very helpful and got right on it for me, but before I got off the phone with her I asked her one more question.

I asked what the turnaround usually was for Quest labs where I had my blood taken. I told her I had the quad screen done on Saturday and I was anxious for the results but didn't want to hound them by calling every day. She said the turnaround was a day or two so I said I'd call back tomorrow or Thursday, but she told me to hold on a moment and she'd check and see if they happened to be back already. She put me on hold and my hands began to shake. I felt sick to my stomach. I hadn't expected an answer until later this week or next week so I wasn't prepared to possibly know in a matter of seconds. I braced myself for when she got back on the phone. A second later, she picked it up.

"Your bloodwork came back negative."

"Negative? You mean... normal?"

"Yes ma'am, you're negative for neural tube defects and Down's syndrome."

I burst into tears, thanked her and hung up. Now this test isn't 100% accurate but it being negative coupled with the detailed sonogram of the spine tomorrow will give me a pretty darn good idea of the fact that the baby... my baby... my baby is healthy and normal.

I am sitting here with tears running down my cheeks, right at work. I am so elated, so relieved, so EVERYTHING. I can't wait to go home and tell my husband.

Just thought you all might want to know too.

sirrahbed
07-26-2005, 03:43 PM
:D Huge smile and HUGE sigh of relief!! I am happy for you mommy!!

Barbara
07-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Congrats! That is one huge part of good news:)

And I hope tomorrows's news will be even better:)

Almita
07-26-2005, 03:48 PM
Congrats!!! I was so anxious what the lady was gonna say but thank good it was ok!

moosmom
07-26-2005, 03:49 PM
SamanthaPuppy,

I am so happy for you, honey! Please give us details when you get back from your sonogram!!

((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Donna

JenBKR
07-26-2005, 03:51 PM
What a relief - congrats!!

Lexi_Lover
07-26-2005, 03:51 PM
YAY, CONGRATULATIONS JAIME!!! Thank God the baby is ok and healthy! :D We hope to hear many happy and memorable updates in teh furture!

(((((HUGS))))) from Paula & Lexi

caseysmom
07-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Your note made me cry. I am so happy for you, I remember all those feelings and it was years ago. I remember like yesterday how worried I was.

That test may not be 100 percent but it is very close, it is very accurate, you can breath a sigh of relief and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Kfamr
07-26-2005, 03:54 PM
That's such wonderful news, Jaime. I'd probably feel the same way, shaking and crying! {{HUGS}} I hope everything else goes smoothly and soon enough you'll have a happy, healthy, nugget/te in your arms (and plenty of pictures of us!)

Has your tummy grown at all? You know we need pictures if it has. ;)

PJ's Mom
07-26-2005, 03:59 PM
That's great news, Jaime. Congrats! :)

Karen
07-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Good news, now relax and think happy thoughts for baby! :)

anna_66
07-26-2005, 04:10 PM
That's great! Wonderful news:D

catnapper
07-26-2005, 04:32 PM
What fantastic news! I bet it feels like the world is a perfect place right now! {{{HUGS}}}

jenluckenbach
07-26-2005, 05:04 PM
Great news! :)

finn's mom
07-26-2005, 05:17 PM
Yee haw! That's so extremely good to hear! I've been thinking about it all day, and, ***I*** started shaking when I saw the title to this thread. I'm so glad that you have received such good news, it'll be so good for you and the baby now that you're not as stressed as I know you were before this news. You obviously had a lot bottled up, crying is such good release!

furrykidsmother
07-26-2005, 05:24 PM
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!

chrangharris
07-26-2005, 05:36 PM
Yeah!!! What wonderful news!

buckner
07-26-2005, 05:42 PM
Yay, Jaime!! That's WONDERFUL news! :)

I admit it, I cheated. I couldn't wait to read your whole post.. I went straight to reading what the woman said. YAY!

Samantha Puppy
07-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Thank you, everyone!!! :D :D :D

I probably won't be able to get online tomorrow after the sonogram, but I'll fill you all in on Thursday morning. Pray that the Nug is cooperating and shows Mommy and Daddy what we want to see (besides the spine, of course). ;) :D

Pawsitive Thinking
07-27-2005, 04:36 AM
Fantastic news!!!! So pleased for you all. Now you can enjoy your pregnancy :D :D

Sirrahsim
07-27-2005, 05:21 AM
Yay!! That is fantastic!!
Now come on little one, spread those legs so Mommy and Daddy can figure out what to call you!

Kater
07-27-2005, 05:57 AM
Wonderful news, Jaime! :D
Hope little "nug" is cooperative tomorrow!

Ally Cat's Mommy
07-27-2005, 09:37 AM
OMG I am sitting here crying too!! What wonderful news Jaime!!!

(((HUGS))) to you and Nug!!!

Lobodeb
07-27-2005, 10:35 AM
That's wonderful news. I go for my sonogram on Friday so I know how the emotions can build up.

Congrats!

K9karen
07-28-2005, 12:56 AM
Mommy Jaime! Woo! Woo! I couldn't be happier!!!