PDA

View Full Version : In The News

K & L
07-26-2005, 02:36 PM
APS participation in feral cat program hits the airwaves
July 26, 2005
A stray cat sauntering around a company facility can generate sympathy among the workforce. A multitude of stray cats can pose a health and safety issue, however.
That is what happened not too long ago at an APS complex. A multiplying population of feral and stray cats often sought refuge in company equipment and components stored outdoors. This created a safety hazard for employees and animals alike. Then there was the health issue resulting from the cats’ waste.
Resolving the issue in a humane way became a goal for the Property Services team, in particular Lisa Doyle, administrative coordinator, Real Estate and Facilities Management (RFM) Property Services.
The solution turned out to be participation in the Arizona Cat Assistance Team’s (AzCAT) Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) program. Through the program, stray and feral cats already living outdoors are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the care of volunteers.
With the company’s participation in the program, feline population has declined. Consequently, the safety and health hazards associated with them also have diminished.
In addition to receiving an award earlier this year from AzCATS recognizing its support of the program, APS' involvement recently was highlighted on the local airwaves. Doyle and Art Greeley, section leader, RFM Division & Regional, appeared on The Animal World radio program, hosted by AzCATs and broadcast Saturday mornings on KXAM Radio 1310 AM.

moosmom
07-26-2005, 02:50 PM
K&L,

Great job!!! I'm so PROUD of you!!

Barbara
07-26-2005, 03:50 PM
:D :D :D

What great info- and others will learn that you can do it this way!!!

catmandu
07-26-2005, 06:38 PM
I CAUGHT,THE TAIL END,OF YOUR SHOW,AND I HOPE,THAT,HELPS EDUCATE,THE PUBLIC,TO TAKE BETTER CARE,OF THIER PETS,BUT I THINK,THAT THE MAIN PROBLEM,AS THE LATE JACK WEBB,SAID,IS THAT WE ARE RAISING,A GENERATION,THAT HAS RIGHTS,BUT NO RESPONSIBILITIES!!!

YOU WANT PETS,BUT DONT HAVE THIER PARENTS,TO CLEAN UP,AFTER THEM,ANY MORE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos685.jpg

Killearn Kitties
07-27-2005, 03:20 AM
We have a radio star in our midst!!

Congratulations on the exposure. That sounds a good bit of publicity for the TNR program.

Randi
07-27-2005, 05:33 AM
Congratulations Lisa! I hope a lot have heard the programme! Good job!! :)

Corinna
07-27-2005, 07:49 AM
Way to go Lisa !!! I missed the program as I had Tim in the Doc's for hs check up for his back.

catlover4ever
07-27-2005, 07:55 AM
Great job Lisa!!!!!