PDA

View Full Version : Do you talk to your dogs?

Jadapit
07-26-2005, 10:17 AM
I talk to my fur kids all day long. I wonder if they ever get sick of my blabing?:p When were out in the yard I'm talking away to them. I bet my neighbors think I'm nuts.;)

gemini9961
07-26-2005, 10:20 AM
Yep I talk to them all the time. I even refer to myself as "Momma" when I am talking to them. Yikes, I need help.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-26-2005, 10:24 AM
All the time! When I took Tobey on his first train ride we got into what I thought was an empty carriage and was chatting away to him about the journey and what a clever dog he was.............a loud clearing of the throat made me realise we had company!!! Did I feel silly or what!:o

Kfamr
07-26-2005, 10:29 AM
Yep, and they talk back too!

"What do you want?"
"Awwooo woooo wooo"
"You did not just say that to me!!!"
"Awwooo woooo wooooo!"

JenBKR
07-26-2005, 10:49 AM
All the time, to all three of them. We are 'mommy and daddy.' I even sometimes talk to them about my problems...they don't judge and are very good listeners!

GoldenLuv
07-26-2005, 10:52 AM
who doesn't i know i sure do and i am sure at times my hubby think's i am completey outta my gore

oh well they are MY babies

crsvstang
07-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Yep, I talk to them all the time. I know people probably think I am crazy for talking to them. I've even caught my husband talking to them.:p

Pawsitive Thinking
07-26-2005, 10:56 AM
There are evenings in my house where Tobey and Princess Brody are the only ones for me to chat to.........daughter msning on computer, hubby asleep on sofa................. Without my babies I'd go mad :eek:

Pit Chick
07-26-2005, 11:07 AM
Of course I do. They wag their tails and look me directly in the eyes when I do it and sometimes talk back with a woo woo woo. :D

Queen of Poop
07-26-2005, 11:07 AM
I talk to them all the time. Sasha (border collie cross) is my very best friend in the whole world. She's the only one that listens and provides comfort in my household. The ferrets listen but are too busy snooping around to provide a whole lot of hugs.

Glacier
07-26-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr

"What do you want?"
"Awwooo woooo wooo"
"Awwooo woooo wooooo!"

LOL!! Mine do that too!! Bandit and I have some very involved conversations! Founder always answers me too. I usually reply to Founder by telling him that's full of it and nothing could be that bad--Founder carries on like he's in mortal pain all day long! He's a noisy mutt!

The only time I don't talk to them is when they are pulling the sled. Then they get commands and the occasional "GOOD DOGS". If find if I talk while they are working, they don't respond to the commands as well.

Ginger's Mom
07-26-2005, 11:52 AM
I sure do. :) I even ask her how her day was when I come home from work. I was going to say that I talk to her all of the time, but now that I have found Pet Talk, I must admit our one on one time has been cut back.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-26-2005, 11:54 AM
I talk to my Sadie ALL the ttime!

lizbud
07-26-2005, 12:01 PM
Yep, all the time.:D

luvofallhorses
07-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Yep! Some people think I am crazy for talking to them..:rolleyes: oh well, they are mine and I can talk to them if I want :p

robinh
07-26-2005, 12:25 PM
Thank heavens! I thought I was the only one who carried on conversations with my babies. I know the babies understand me but the people I work with think that's crazy.

GoldenLuv
07-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by robinh
Thank heavens! I thought I was the only one who carried on conversations with my babies. I know the babies understand me but the people I work with think that's crazy.

lol its not crazy its cute now if mine ever answered me now i know i would have m y self commited..lol

sometimes i think my dog's understand me cause they look at me with the look ok mommie i understand look:p

lv4dogs
07-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Hahahaha. I talk to my dogs all the time, no matter where or when. I've got some mighty strange looks let me tell you. lol

JenBKR
07-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by GoldenLuv
sometimes i think my dog's understand me cause they look at me with the look ok mommie i understand look:p

I get that too! I think my dog is my therapist

elizabethann
07-26-2005, 02:30 PM
I talk to my dog Fenway and my 2 cats, Cosmo & Maxie. AND they understand everything I am saying!

:D

Suki Wingy
07-26-2005, 02:31 PM
I talk to him nonstop almost!

2crazypuppies4me
07-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

"What do you want?"
"Awwooo woooo wooo"
"Awwooo woooo wooooo!"

Yup, that's Lilly. Maggie just looks at me with a 'confused' look, head tilted of course.

cocker_luva
07-26-2005, 03:19 PM
i talk to jess all the time

akaspaddero
07-26-2005, 03:37 PM
All the time.
During a conversation with a therapist, i said something about talking to my dogs. He sad "You talk to your dogs?" I said ahh yes! He started laughing and said "Do they talk back?". Needless to say, I never returned to him....lol

anna_66
07-26-2005, 03:53 PM
But of course! I talk to them just like they were human kids. I think I even talk nicer to them than some people do their skin kids:eek:

Muddy4paws
07-26-2005, 04:58 PM
I talk to my dogs all the time, I think they enjoy it! I talk to them at work and some of the dogs, one in particular "talks" back lol and I find that the cats I see at work "talk" to you when you talk to them, but cats are very vocal anyway, My mum is the craziest for talking to them especially when me or my brothers or sister annoys her! her normal lines are " Why cant they be as good as you!", Oh and she sings to the dogs too, the black lab loves it she wags her tail and rolls over for a tummy rub :)

KYS
07-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Of course! :)
I talk to them like they were humans.

chocolatepuppy
07-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Sure do, all the time! :D

joycenalex
07-26-2005, 06:00 PM
of course i talk to alex, quite a bit. the cats don't listen as well, however when mojo wants to talk to me, there is no quiet in the house until she has said her say.

ParNone
07-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Yep I do, everyday. Not continually though. I'm somewhat quiet, so I'm not really chattering at them all day. So they're very attentive, when I do start talking with them. Gull and especially Oz, usually answer. Murph just wags his tail at me.

There's been quite an amazing transformation in Gull. From that lil' puppy, who didn't respond at all to my voice, to the adult now that gets so excited when I'm talking at him. I do a lot of singing to him too, cuz he loves it so.

I always make a point to have heart to heart talks with them, whenever there's any major change or situation that's going to happen to them. It seems to really help. Not sure if they understand the words exactly or just the calm in my voice, but they do seem to adjust to things okay.

Par..

Almita
07-26-2005, 06:31 PM
I talk to muneca a lot this is mostly our conversation...

Almita: Hi muneca

Muneca: (wags her tail)

Almita : What are u up too?

Muneca: Then she barks and shows me what she is doing.

It is soo cute when she does that.

Chica
07-26-2005, 07:54 PM
I talk to Chica all the time to. I think she thinks she is human!!!! :) I get the impression she understands me to!!!!;)

K9karen
07-27-2005, 12:19 AM
Absolutely! And Logan understands every word too! (So did Cody). Despite what any of my trainers said, we never ever spoke in one word. We always spoke normal and calmly and had great results, even though she sometimes has "selective hearing"! :rolleyes: My favorite is "Hey, Logan, what is this?" (A box of Rice Krispies cereal) Logan: "Rrrr Rrrr's" So a 1/2 cup is her nightly treat!

Oggyflute
07-27-2005, 01:05 AM
Absolutely I talk to them, they even talk back a few times too.:)

jesse_3
07-27-2005, 01:21 AM
What good dog-parent would not talk to their babes? I thought that I was the only one until I came to Pet Talk!-besides, Jesse and I would go insane if I didn't talk to her!

Steph and Jes

Cessa's Mom
07-27-2005, 10:16 AM
Of course! I talk to Cessa all the time. It's only the two of us at home now and I don't have anyone to talk to. She's a very good listener and sometimes she chats back!

beeniesmom
07-27-2005, 10:20 AM
All nthe time and all day long. I am usually alone in the office so I talk to my Beenie to keep from going crazy.

Buddy Blaze Lover
07-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Oh yes, Blaze and I talk all the time!! I just love it when he cocks his head trying to understand!!:D

Lexi_Lover
07-27-2005, 12:49 PM
"Wanna go for a WALK?"
[Bounces up and down like crazy, cocks head] "Awoo, woo!"
"Ok ok, I won't forget the treats this time"
[Conviently grabs leash off bench and leads ME to the door] "GRR, WOO WOOOO!"

LOL, thats about the only conversation, ok, of like thousands! ;)

pitc9
07-27-2005, 01:35 PM
I talk to them all the time!!

Sierra talks back to me!!
I always get a big looong "Wooooooooo" what I get home from work!!!

Lexi_Lover
07-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by pitc9
Sierra talks back to me!!
I always get a big looong "Wooooooooo" what I get home from work!!!

Oh one of those..."Where were you today. You should've seen what Buddy was gonna do, so I stopped him! You should be happy to have me! :p

LOL!

Samantha Puppy
07-27-2005, 01:51 PM
I talk to Samantha all the time and she talks back. I can't imagine NOT talking to my animals. If nothing else, I'm always greeting them and saying their names, but I usually say more to them as well

shutterbug0303
07-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Not only do I carry on long and involved conversations with the dogs, I call them when no one is home and talk to them on the answering machine! :o

I will always call and leave Sahara a message because her crate is the room with the machine - I wonder what she must do when I call her...I think I'll have to get out the webcam and watch...:D

Lexi_Lover
07-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by shutterbug0303
Not only do I carry on long and involved conversations with the dogs, I call them when no one is home and talk to them on the answering machine! :o

I will always call and leave Sahara a message because her crate is the room with the machine - I wonder what she must do when I call her...I think I'll have to get out the webcam and watch...:D
OMGosh! Poor, poor you! :p Sahara must think you're nuts! ;) Or just loves you even more!

finn's mom
07-28-2005, 01:28 PM
I talk to Finn....

But, check out the day to day calendar quotes thread, today's quote is appropriate to this thread!

People who talk their dogs aren't crazy, they just operate on a different level than the rest of us. -- Jack Naters

RobiLee
07-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Of course I talk to them and sometimes they even answer back;)

Bigyummydog
07-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Well, MAXIMUS is forever asking questions, so, of course I have to answer him. Most of the time he starts the conversation.
What about all the people that stop you on walks, or in the car, etc., just to talk to your dog?

They are more interesting to talk to anyway. :p

Pawsitive Thinking
07-29-2005, 06:33 AM
People who talk their dogs aren't crazy, they just operate on a different level than the rest of us. -- Jack Naters

From Finn's Mom day by day calendar quote thread! See, we're not crazy at all!