PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with your dogs?

gemini9961
07-26-2005, 09:58 AM
I feel silly asking this but does anyone else (besides me) dance with their dogs? I'll pick up Sadie and dance around with her. Maggie sometimes I'll pick up but she would rather lick me when I pick her up and Sadie will be good and just enjoy me being retarded. :D

finn's mom
07-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Finn would go right to sleep when I'd pick him up and slow dance around with him. ;) Now the only way we boogie, is if he's on his back legs with his front paws in my hands. :) I did kinda slow dance with him in my arms the other day, but, it was short lived, as he is heavy, now!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-26-2005, 10:03 AM
Tobey will take it for so long then he starts to lick!

Kfamr
07-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Yep! I tell them "up" and they put their front paws into my hands and walk on their hind legs. Nala especially likes to do this. ;)

Now.. I don't think I'd be able to actually pick any of them up and dance around with them. :p Kiara maybe.. I can lift all 3 but not to dance. :p

2crazypuppies4me
07-26-2005, 10:10 AM
Don't tell anyone :rolleyes: , but yes, Maggie is just tall enough that she gives me her paws and we'll go back and forth. :p

gemini9961
07-26-2005, 10:13 AM
Ok good it's not just me. I feel much better now. Thanks for reassuring me, that in fact, I am not retarded. LOL. I have to pick my 2 up as they aren't tall enough to stand up, unless I get on my knees...:o

Edit: Off to dance, a good song is on. Rascal Flatts....

Jadapit
07-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Yes, Jada loves to dance.:D She gets up on her back legs i take her front paws in my hand and we dance away.;) Diamond likes to dance a little bit. I haven't tried it with Ebony yet. I should pick her up and dance with her before she is to big.;)

kittycats_delight
07-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Our RB Shadow loved to dance. Shadow was quite tall so he used to actually put his paws on your shoulders. LOL

lizbud
07-26-2005, 12:07 PM
Smokey & Maggie are much to heavy for me to pick up, but
I sometimes dance around them.:D They go bananas & get
so excited with the new "game".:D

Jamieejo85
07-26-2005, 01:44 PM
YES!! I love to go out and dance and when Im bored I will sit in my room and listen to music and get up and dance. Chico goes nuts!! He starts running around and trying to jump up on me, I think he is trying to dance with me:D ;)

Suki Wingy
07-26-2005, 02:23 PM
When I dance NiƱo comes running up and jumps up on me and scratches me!

Lobodeb
07-26-2005, 04:03 PM
Of course I dance with Maggy. I hear a catchy tune, grab my little girl and we're off. I get a nice ear wash and a dance partner at the same time. :D

finn's mom
07-26-2005, 05:15 PM
I think it's awesome that all of y'all dance with your pups. ;) I used to slow dance with Bruno all the time. He loved it. I'd hold him like a little baby and he'd just relax. Finn loves being held, and, it's not easy anymore....I don't do it daily like I did when he was less than 40 pounds. But, at sixty, I do it less, but, I do still pick him up, he puts his front legs over my shoulders and I fold my arms under his butt. ;) His back legs usually just stick out to either side. Slow songs, I hold him, fast ones, he stands up on his back legs.

ParNone
07-26-2005, 06:27 PM
I twirl around the room with Murph in arms sometimes. Oz'll jump up and put his paws in my hands and we'll do a few steps. It's Gull however who really loves to dance. Not slow, but fast.

I don't even have to be dancing around. If I just do like a lil' robot hand motion or lil' Saturday Night Fever pointing finger in the air, he just gets nutz. Bouncing all around me. I really need to start working on some actual steps with him, cuz I think he'd be a natural at it.

Par...

Buddy Blaze Lover
07-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Blaze doesn't like me touching his paws very much, so I don't really dance with him very often.;)

Logan
07-27-2005, 01:05 PM
My dogs tend to dance around me, especially when I walk through the door after work and at mealtime! LOL!!! :)

I did read this cute article today about one woman's experience, dancing with her dog (or trying to). I thought it was cute and you might want to read it.

Dog Dancing - My beagle and I try America's Weirdest Pet Hobby (http://www.slate.com/id/2122857)

PJ's Mom
07-27-2005, 03:00 PM
My dogs don't bite me, but if I danced with them, I think they might. :p