PDA

View Full Version : Oooooooo....another lipstick

Pawsitive Thinking
07-26-2005, 05:38 AM
My name is Denise and I am addicted to buying lipsticks - see new one advertised and yep there I am next day buying the darn thing............... Not even deterred by the fact that my furkids fur sticks to me every time I kiss their little heads - Help!

catnapper
07-26-2005, 07:32 AM
Ah, you're just like I USED to be! I am reformed now and hardly ever wear any! LOL

No advice as to how I did it. Cold turkey perhaps?

JenBKR
07-26-2005, 08:31 AM
LOL I'm not sure how to stop that "addiction"...maybe switch to lip gloss, then chapstick, and slowly ween yourself away from lipstick...

Pawsitive Thinking
07-26-2005, 08:48 AM
Big kisses to you both! Oh no :( I've smudged my lippy :p

JenBKR
07-26-2005, 08:54 AM
Aah, better re-apply! Wait, maybe not...

finn's mom
07-26-2005, 08:56 AM
I've never worn lipstick, but, I'd like to sometimes. I just want to find the right color. I'd like to find one of those everlasting types, but, so far, the ones I've tried have felt really gross on my lips. I can't remember the kind (I think it may have been revlon) that my mom and i just recently tried, and, as soon as you touch your lips together at all, it feels really gritty. It was nasty! It doesn't matter if you're addicted, as long as what you're addicted to doesn't make you look like a clown! :p If it looks good on you, go for it!

caseysmom
07-26-2005, 08:59 AM
I use to be like that until I found the perfect color. Amethyst by laura mercier

Pawsitive Thinking
07-26-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by finn's mom
. I'd like to find one of those everlasting types, but, so far, the ones I've tried have felt really gross on my lips.

I know what you mean - as luck would have it I am currently using Superstay by Maybelline (arrived today!). The blurb says it stays put and is non-drying and so far its seems to be true!

moosmom
07-26-2005, 11:10 AM
I've been on the lookout for a glossy "stay-put" lipstick for months. I love mauve colors as that is what looks best on me.

I've tried almost every kind of long-lasting lipstick to no avail. They're either too dry, or the color "feathers" into the lines around my mouth.

Geez, for the amount of money you pay for one (anywhere from $8.99 to $12.99) you'd think they'd come up with SOMETHING that works!! :rolleyes:

caseysmom
07-26-2005, 11:37 AM
I pay $18.00 or $19.00 for one lipstick!

shais_mom
07-26-2005, 12:48 PM
TO ME
Lipstick - makeup is an addicition also...
Altho since buying some more expensive things at Sephora and Bare Escentuals I haven't ran out and bought anything at Walmart or the drugstore. :o
Altho I bought a few at Bare Escentuals and Sephora in Cali - I say go for it...
I don't like to clothes shop b/c of my weight. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE to buy makeup and smelly things - they make me feel girly and flirty and pretty - and just like my animals my makeup doesn't care if I am having a bloated day and my pants aren't comfortable. I can still make myself pretty with my makeup.
And smell good with the good smellies!

King Spartacus
07-26-2005, 12:52 PM
This is just terrible... please, call LLA (Lipstick Lovers Anonymous) right away! There is help out there!!!

RedHedd
07-26-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by JenBKR
LOL I'm not sure how to stop that "addiction"...maybe switch to lip gloss, then chapstick, and slowly wean yourself away from lipstick... NO! :eek: lipgloss is even worse! The pet hair sticks forever and while furry lips may be cute on our pets, it's not a good fashion statement and it feels funny :p

Now to feed that addiction, there are other forums like those on http://www.icompact.com or http://www.makeupalley.com .... but you didn't hear it from me! See you at the LLA meeting tonight! :p

Sephora stores in San Francisco now also carry Bare Escentuals :rolleyes: a one-stop shop! ;)

moosmom
07-26-2005, 03:16 PM
I just LOOOOOOOOVE putting on lipstick and leaving red lip marks all over MooShoo's naked little buttski! :p:p

RedHedd
07-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
I just LOOOOOOOOVE putting on lipstick and leaving red lip marks all over MooShoo's naked little buttski! :p:p
Sometimes I forget I have lipstick on and I'll kiss my kitties - especialy Mishi - on their little lips. He looks so cute with lipstick on his white kissy-spot :)

RedHedd
07-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
I've been on the lookout for a glossy "stay-put" lipstick for months. I love mauve colors as that is what looks best on me.

I've tried almost every kind of long-lasting lipstick to no avail. They're either too dry, or the color "feathers" into the lines around my mouth.

Geez, for the amount of money you pay for one (anywhere from $8.99 to $12.99) you'd think they'd come up with SOMETHING that works!! :rolleyes: Try Maybelline Forever lipsticks. They're much glossier than the other "stay-put" lipsticks. They may not wear as long, but they feel and look much nicer - and they're not too expen$ive.

Catsnclay
07-26-2005, 03:55 PM
Oh gosh, I hate to admit this, but I too am a Lipstick addict, and yes, Yoshi seems to always have a lipstick "kissy" on the top of his forehead (actually the other 2 do as well, but Yoshi, being white, it shows more! :rolleyes: )

I have found a way to avoid fur-lips, but I don't think that most of you will think my solution is favorable to all. I use permanent makeup (i.e tattoo's). I have had my eyebrows and eyeliner for years, and just recently got my lips lined, and I LOVE it!!!! :D :D

As I seem to be growing older, I've noticed that I've needed more and more "help" when it comes to my face......ok, so its really the WHOLE &%$^$(&^ body!!!!! :rolleyes: :eek: but at least now, at night will all my other make up off, my face doesn't completely vanish. :eek: I am really enjoying it. There is a sign at the office that I go to: Welcome to your new addiction" oh, how true!!!! :(

carole
07-26-2005, 04:15 PM
I don't share your lipstick addiction but I wear lipstick on a daily basis as I am quite pale, and I need a bit of colour I think to brighten myself up, currently I like the Avon one I am wearing, it is perfect wear all day comfort lipstick, it is one that stays on but does not feel dry like all the others I have tried, it goes on glossy , but does not stay that way, more a matt finish, but is does stay on well and does not feel dry, on special at 7.99 down from 22.99 a good buy I think., I only own two different shades at the moment, I like a pinkish,mauve shade and a more orangey colour to compliment the colours I wear.

moosmom
07-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Okay, I'm addicted. I went to CVS today and noticed that they had a whole box of stuff on sale. I found 2 lipsticks by Covergirl. When I asked the clerk how much they were, she said, "$1 each." I was in HEAVEN!!!!! There were two I couldn't decide on so I bought both!!!!! One was "Prune Magnifique" and the other was "Winterberry Houx"

When I got them home, I tried them both on. They look great!!! We'll see if they "feather" or not. But for a buck???

sirrahbed
07-28-2005, 02:29 PM
My name is Debbie......

and I am a lipstick addict:rolleyes: It started with lipgloss and vaseline, then I graduated to colorful lips. Now I MUST have something on my lips at all hours of the day - even if it is a balm only:eek: Blistex SpaEffects *feels* the nicest to me, but don't schmoozle cats with it or it produces furry lips!

But color is such fun:D For lasting color - I am using Revlon Colorstay. The color is Perennial Plum. But, I do NOT like how it feels so add the above Blistex SpaEffects OVER the color repeatedly - but the color DOES stay:D

I agree with Staci that make-up and smelli-good is a passion!! So girlie!

Tomorrow...who knows??;)

persianmom
07-31-2005, 10:12 AM
Could be worse. Just remember you will always have kissable lips. That look nice.