PDA

View Full Version : Sore throat

slleipnir
07-26-2005, 05:25 AM
I'm just curious if anyone knows about health stuffs. On saturday, I got sick...but just your average stuffy nose, sore throat. My throat had been feeling funny since wednesday though. I remember saying it felt like something was stuck in my throat.

Anyway, my throat wasnt too bad on saturday, but I had the worst headache and body pain. I didn't sleep all night. Then sunday, I thought I was getting better...but yesterday my throat got really sore. I figured it's just a cold or flu or whatever. I woke up early this morning (got about 4 hrs of sleep) cause it is so sore. Almost always my sore throat only lasts one day. It seems to get worse while I sleep...so now I don't want to sleep at all.

I'm pondering going to see a doctor..but I don't want to go if it's just a cold....It just hurts os bad. Plus I have to work and stuff...I just barely got today off...luckily, I don't know that I could do it. But I have to work tomorrow and thursday night. I hope to be better, but it doesnt seem to wanna go away...

What do you guys think? Sorry to whine so much. I get real whiney when I'm sick hehe

Pawsitive Thinking
07-26-2005, 05:28 AM
I think you should go see a doctor - could be tonsillitis. Be brave, off you go............. ;)

slleipnir
07-26-2005, 05:40 AM
I don't have tonsills...atleast I'm pretty sure I had that done as a kid...unless mom lies...LIIIESS! -runs off crying-

Ok I'm a tad tired....

Pawsitive Thinking
07-26-2005, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by slleipnir
I don't have tonsills...atleast I'm pretty sure I had that done as a kid...unless mom lies...LIIIESS! -runs off crying-

Ok I'm a tad tired....

Ah well - won't be that then! Mom won't have lied ;) How about laryngitis?

slleipnir
07-26-2005, 06:01 AM
Hehe..I can still talk fine though?? Or does that matter for that?

Pawsitive Thinking
07-26-2005, 06:03 AM
Absolutely no idea! Was the only other throat related baddie I could spell!

slleipnir
07-26-2005, 06:05 AM
Oh lol:)

Barbara
07-26-2005, 06:57 AM
If you can talk and swallow
if you don't have fever

...then I think there is no need to see the doc- but to have some icecream- as it will help your sore throat.:)

Drink a lot, suck some throat sweets (not as heavy as Fisherman's Friends ;)) and it will go in some days.