PDA

View Full Version : I learned the tango!!!

finn's mom
07-25-2005, 07:55 PM
I just wanted to share my excitement. I just went to a one hour group dance class tonight. It was so much fun. There were about 11 girls and 9 guys, something like that. We learned how to do the tango, and, it was exactly what I needed. It's only a $5 class, so, I will be going as many Mondays as I am able. I've been wanting to take dance lessons for a long time! YAY! And, there it is. Me being excited. :D

caseysmom
07-25-2005, 08:17 PM
How fun! What a deal!

finn's mom
07-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by caseysmom
How fun! What a deal!

I know! I hope to one day take the extensive one-on-one classes, too, but, they're expensive! For now, this is perfect!

luvofallhorses
07-25-2005, 08:38 PM
That sounds like fun! :)

Almita
07-25-2005, 11:17 PM
That sounds soo fun you making me want to learn the tango:p

Barbara
07-26-2005, 02:49 AM
The really good thing is that there you can find someone who dances the tango with you- bad thing is so many men just don't like to dance;)

Have fun:)

finn's mom
07-26-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Almita
That sounds soo fun you making me want to learn the tango:p

You should, you should! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-26-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
The really good thing is that there you can find someone who dances the tango with you- bad thing is so many men just don't like to dance;)

Have fun:)

Who needs men? Bet Finn could learn real quick!

finn's mom
07-26-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Brody's Mum
Who needs men? Bet Finn could learn real quick!

Ha ha, nah...this is just for me. ;) That would be funny, though!

Barbara, actually the women didn't outnumber the men by that many at all. I was surprised. Most of the men there were married, though. But, I'm not looking into it to find anything more than good posture, and, good exercise. :) My pal, Ben, in Texas, said he'll learn to dance with me. So, that'll be cool, if he and I get together geographically again one day. ;) But, two of my guy friends here said they would go with me, just to add some young guys into the mix. It's fun, no matter what, though. We all get the chance to dance, no matter how unbalanced the class is.

Barbara
07-26-2005, 09:34 AM
I was just talking about dancing:D

I'm married myself - so no need for that;) But he doesn't dance and that breaks my heart on weddings and other occasions;)

finn's mom
07-26-2005, 10:02 AM
I was just talking about dancing:D

I'm married myself - so no need for that;) But he doesn't dance and that breaks my heart on weddings and other occasions;)

Oh, yeah, I know what you meant. :) I'm not even looking for dance partners, really, though. It was awesome to dance with someone again, though. :)

lizbud
07-26-2005, 11:46 AM

Not even slow dancing? :(

A lot of men "think" they can't dance & it's a shame they don't
at least give it a try. I think the Tango is a lovely dance to watch
being done by those who know how. It's so graceful.:)

Almita
07-26-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
You should, you should! :)

I heard that where I live they are taking those I think I might sign up if it isn't too late!!!

finn's mom
07-26-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
A lot of men "think" they can't dance & it's a shame they don't
at least give it a try. I think the Tango is a lovely dance to watch
being done by those who know how. It's so graceful.:)

I know, I've only ever dated one person (and, I married him!) that I enjoyed dancing with. I'm extremely picky about who I dance with. When it comes to freestyle, I'd rather just dance with a group of people, mostly girls. They're usually just more fun and have better rhythm. Now, step dances (two step, waltz), again, I've only danced with one man, my ex husband. But, I have danced with two friends in my life that I could follow really well, just nice easy dancing, no steps necessarily, just guys with incredible rhythm and timing. There's nothing hotter than a guy with rhythm. But, I'm hoping if Ben and I take our relationship to the next level, that we can learn to do the tango, waltz, foxtrot, etc...together. That will be very cool!

And, the tango looks amazing when the right people do it. I even felt beautiful and graceful when I was doing the tango with one of the instructors! It was so cool!