PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut Meeting

moosmom
07-25-2005, 03:22 PM
I'll be in Connecticut from August 5th through August 15th. I was wondering if there were any PTers willing to maybe get together while I'm in town???

I'm already planning on meeting Catlover4ever at the Olive Garden in Waterford. Anyone else interested???

Please, I'd love to hear from you!

jesse_3
07-25-2005, 05:54 PM
Sorry, I'm up in Northern MN!! I could go for some Olive Garden though! Pick me up on your way there!!;)

Steph and Jes

Have fun, and get full!!!!!!

Karen
07-25-2005, 06:19 PM
What day were you and Catlover4ever planning on meeting? All depends on day/timing, but maybe ... Yes, I'm in Massachusetts, but really, it's not that far away!

moosmom
07-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Oh Karen, I hope so!!! I'd love to see you guys again!

We're not sure when we'll meet yet. I'm hoping by the time I leave, we'll have it all worked out. I've PMd Queenscoopalot and called Leslie Flenner to see if they want to meet up too. I'll PM you once I know all the details. That would be great if we could get a CT meeting together. I'd love for you to meet my daughter Amy.

jenluckenbach
07-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Could anyone tell me if West Haven, CT. is close to where you are meeting? My neice lives there, and what a perfect excuse to visit you all at once (I have never been north of NY.)

Karen
07-25-2005, 07:55 PM
It's less than an hour away - 48 miles or so, according to Google directions! Both cities are in Connecticut's "southern tier."

catlover4ever
07-27-2005, 08:05 AM
Jen, North Haven would be a straight shot up I 95. The Olive Garden in Waterford is right off the exit to the highway.

Oh this is getting exciting!!!!!

moosmom
07-27-2005, 08:59 PM
Meg,

It was so wonderful talking to you tonight!!! I am looking forward to meeting you in person!!

Karen
08-01-2005, 11:08 PM
Any decision on a date and time, ladies?

moosmom
08-02-2005, 07:31 PM
It's set. We'll meet at the Olive Garden in Waterford between 6-6:30 on Friday, August 12th. Meg is going to try and convince her hubby to join us. My daugher will also join us. When I asked my best friend Susie to come, her reply was, "What??? And sit around talking about cats all night??? I love you dearly, but no thanks!! You and Amy go and enjoy yourselves" Oh well.

We're gonna have a blast!!

Jen Luckenbach,

Any chance you can join us??? I'd love to meet you in person.

jenluckenbach
08-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Sounds like a wonderful meeting, but I just can't imagine a 4 hour drive home after a 6:30 dinner. (there is simply no way for us to stay over night with a house load of kitties awaiting.) Darn, Drat, Phooey. Boo hoo. Talk about me though, will ya?

moosmom
08-03-2005, 11:50 AM
Jen,

Dang!!! I really wish you could make it. But, we'll say only nice things about you, I promise!! Afterall, you are among the special people to rescue and rehome kitties. How could we NOT say anything great about you, girl???? I'll be thinking about ya though.

Albea
08-03-2005, 12:30 PM
Donna, Karen sent me a PM about this meeting and she may be willing to give me ride to Waterford on her way from MA. So, it may be after all that I'll get to meet you, Karen and some other PTalkers.
Looking forward to the meeting if everything works out.:)

moosmom
08-03-2005, 07:05 PM
Albea,

That's wonderful!!! Set another plate at the table of the Olive Garden!!!

Thanks Karen!!

Logan
08-03-2005, 08:04 PM
I am so envious! Wish I could be in CT with all of you, and hopefully drag Sandra (Tatsxxx11) along too! I can promise that you will love Karen, and although Alicia (Albea) and I haven't met in person, something tells me that she is a pretty special lady. I hope it all works out for all of you.

Have a great time!

Logan

Albea
08-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
When I asked my best friend Susie to come, her reply was, "What??? And sit around talking about cats all night??? I love you dearly, but no thanks!! You and Amy go and enjoy yourselves" Oh well.

Donna, do you mean that I'll be the only, solitary "dog person" at the meeting? ;)

Karen
08-04-2005, 05:46 PM
I think her friend was just misguided! After all, there will be at LEAST one bunny person and one dog person and ... ;) Well, we love 'em all - all critters (except slugs and leeches).

LuvGold00
08-07-2005, 12:12 AM
Is it too late to sign up for this meeting? I'll have to see if I can take the day off, but I'm not too far from there either! :)

Albea
08-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Kara, I don't think it's too late to sign up. It doesn't take that long to add a plate to a table. I hope you can make it.

Vermontcat
08-07-2005, 03:42 PM
I have family in CT, I wish I could join you guys but I have too much going on here in VT this week.
Have a great time everyone! It sounds like it will be a great meeting.
Maybe next time I will be able to join you guys.

Karen
08-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by LuvGold00
Is it too late to sign up for this meeting? I'll have to see if I can take the day off, but I'm not too far from there either! :)

Absolutely not too late, c'mon down! :) And that way if the conversation gets too cat-centric, you and Alicia (Albea) can talk Goldens!

LuvGold00
08-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Turns out I won't be able to go guys, if you didn't see my thread in Pet General, I have 3 baby mice/rats that need to be feed around the clock, so I can't leave the house for too long.

Let me know how it goes, and HAVE FUN! :)

moosmom
08-11-2005, 09:01 AM
LoveGold00

I was so hoping you could make it!! I'm getting SO syked for this meeting!! My friend Susie was only joking when she said that. She said she just wants me to go and enjoy myself with as many friends as I can. Our friend Carol, who recently (like 3 weeks ago) lost her husband of 31 years is driving down from Vermont on Saturday and staying over. She said she needed to get away. This has to be THE best vacation I've had in years!!!

See you guys tomorrow night! If you see a purple Kia Sephia with LOTS of bumper stickers on it and a Michigan plate, you'll know I'm already there.

See ya soon!!!!

catlover4ever
08-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Well I have a blue Grand Am with paws going up the trunk and two nice rescue/spay/neuter magnets on the back.

I can not wait to meet everyone. I'll have my camera on hand so we can share all the pictures.

Karen
08-11-2005, 11:02 AM
We - that being Paul and Albea and I - will be in our dark Green CRV with *gasp* Massachusetts whale plates!

We're intending to leave extra time for traffic, so if there isn't any (yah, right! Friday evening rush hour/weekend escapes with NO traffic?) we might even be a smidge early!

Albea
08-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Donna, don't we have to make a reservation for a Friday night?
You know exactly how many people will be at the table.
See you tomorrow.:)

jenluckenbach
08-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Now everyone behave yourselves. Donna is coming here later in the week and I will be getting a FULL report! :D :D

WOO HOO......such excitement! Will be waiting for pictures.

moosmom
08-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Albea,

They don't take reservations. Meg called. So I'm going there early and put our name in. Ooooo this is getting so exciting!!!

NoahsMommy
08-11-2005, 04:53 PM
How exciting!!!

Have fun everyone!! :)

ramanth
08-17-2005, 09:04 AM
Well, how did the meeings go!? How was your trip Donna?

:D